Notices

Thread: anyone NOT play halo?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2008, 05:53 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
Doubtful....no respawns.

Never took interest in Halo...too fast and kinda pointless to me.
We have a customer at work who was over there, he and alot of the guys he served with were big time Halo players when not out and about. He really dug that Helios body I shot for the E-Revo last monday too
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2008, 06:26 PM   #22
Rock Stacker

I mostly play MX vs. ATV untamed, and some other games, like the orange box, and some nascar when im bored.
ClodMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:52 PM   #23
RCC Addict

When I was a kid we had a game boy, and I could never tear it away from my brother. That's the only video game machine I've ever had. I've never even liked video games all that much, I guess I just don't get it.
chrisjlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:20 PM   #24
RCC Addict

I have played halo 3 only once, and didnt care for it as much as 1 or 2, but I didnt play on line either. I mostly play CS:S. (online)

BUT I do watch these VERY funny movies called red vs. blue...here is the current series. (still in the works)

http://rvb.roosterteeth.com/archive/
Going Up! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:26 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

I haven't played any Halo, I did use to play a few racing games, but they just aren't fun anymore when I can go race a 1:1 car.
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:38 PM   #26

u sound like me i suck but love it but my old man wont let me play so i play at friends house
bar321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:24 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

I don't play it on a regular basis, as I'm the only person I know without an Xbox, but with some friends together I'll play. I'm more of a PC gamer anyways, but I'm also a big retro gamer. Have all my old consoles and games I play regularly
Soya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 04:48 AM   #28
Pebble Pounder

I will show that I have no life now, but for the ones who don't like Halo 3 try going back to Halo 2. They put the servers back up and it is so much better than the new crap that ruined the series. Plus less little kids and more skilled/mature players. Ive only played 4 matches on Halo 3 in Rumble Pit and won every match. Thats why I don't play Halo 3, no challenge.

If anyone is up to COD tonight my name is RK1 Circuit.
RedNeck Rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:21 AM   #29
Rock Crawler

I haven't had a gaming system since my old ColecoVision from the mid 80's - so I'd have to say "No, I don't play Halo"

I did enjoy Doom, though, when it first came out on PC back in the ealy 90s.

I guess I'm a bit of video game Luddite
SeanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:46 AM   #30
Quarry Creeper

<--- 1/2 way through with my Bachelors in Game Design.

Something that was brought up in class was gamers (mostly under 35) are more productive and more likely to solve problems then non-gamers. The
statistic was something like gamers are 27% more accurate, and 37% more productive... I can scan the part in my book if you like.

Harvard Medical University requires students (Future doctors) to play at least 3 hours of games per week while in school to improve eye hand coordination.

thought I'd throw that out there for all the non-gamers... not talking smack just discussing.
30percent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:51 AM   #31
RCC Addict

For consoles, the most recent one I purchased (actually that is a whole other story to be honest) was the SNES that I bought in .. uhhh 1992? Prior to that I had a Gameboy and a Commodore64.

I was into Quake2 about hmm 10 years ago I guess now. I went to a QuakeFest thing down in Toronto and well.. sucked. I think had a P166mhz and like 256ram at the time? Fast system..

Now any gaming that might do (very rare) is all done on my PC. AMD 2ghz/1gb ram. I'am looking to upgrade it to get better use of an LCD monitor. If i tried to play a game in "native" resolution, my comp would lag out bad. I can't play games beyond 1024x768 res currently (17 in CRT monitor).

It does run Doom3 (old) and Guitar Hero 3. It won't play Quake4 on lowest detail without lagging..heh. I've played FarCry on it (runs fine) and Warcraft etc.

Now, a friend of mine has a 40" HD-LCD and Xbox360 and when i'm over we sometimes spark up COD4 (f**king amazing) and we would play GTA until we got bored of it. He routinely bugs me to buy one, but I dont have a tv to properly support HD gaming.

So lets say about $1000 - 1500 to play a game... right.

Last edited by Nerve; 09-09-2008 at 07:55 AM.
Nerve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 03:11 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

any game with freeroam and cheats. anything like GTA, test drive wide open, smugglers run xxxbmx or any of the tony hawk ones.
I think we all could agree a crawling game is overdue, I don't care which console, I would buy the console and game in one shot.
I already know about insane, I would just like the game on a console.
flatfender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 04:27 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Ive played it once at a friends,didnt really get into it..Also i have a PS3 so does me no good anyway...not much of a game player except im hooked on all the GH and Rockband..have like 116 songs on there

I do play CoD1,2 and 4 on PC tho...love it and have LAN parties all the time
Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 04:54 PM   #34
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30percent View Post
Whoa! Slow down Doc, Slow down! easy does it man.... Come back to the light.

Ok, ok,....................I am better. But I really am thinking about selling it, lol.

XBOX was better when I was younger and had nothing to do but drink and play games. As an adult it isn't the same.
O.C.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:06 PM   #35

got into halo a lot lately. wicked fun online
shootmadfools53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:31 PM   #36
TEAM MODERATOR

My son LOVES video games,like most kids do. I do enjoy playing at times. It's rare though to see one of our game consoles turned on if it's not raining or 10 degrees outside though. We enjoy allot of the racing type games but have gotten into the Halo games. The head to head and online stuff,they can have it. I like the campaigns and following the story behind the game.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:50 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

i cant get into any of the fist person games. just not my style. i've tried a couple of them at friends houses but just dont understand what is so amazing about them
xjwalt666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:38 PM   #38
RCC Addict

me and my girlfriend are hooked on COD4 online. i prefer that waaaaay more than Halo 3, or UT....

only thing that really makes me mad about playing COD online is f'ing CAMPERS!!!!! move around the map some! maybe try to complete some of the challenges...

anyway, end of that rant.

but, i am all over GoW2 when it drops....
STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:24 AM   #39
RCC Addict

im the same way with games but man i own in gt4 lol
ctrwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:43 AM   #40
Pebble Pounder

The only game thingy I owned was Pong by Atari. Remember the original video game that was playing ping pong on your TV that had no remote control and used an antena(?). Now everyone knows how old I am!
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote