Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: dirty republicans.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2008, 09:22 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trugg View Post
Thats ridiculous.... they were caused by the morgage giants lending anybody and everybody much more money then the people could ever possibiy afford to pay back.... they KNEW that these people wouldn't be able to pay the money back.
Thats part of the plan.:-(
The people should have known they couldn't pay back the money It is explained thoroughly to them by a third party when they sign the paperwork
MommaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2008, 09:25 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

What plan?? You are an absolute idiot. Please go outside and hang yourself immediately. Thanks.
Quote:
Thats ridiculous.... they were caused by the morgage giants lending anybody and everybody much more money then the people could ever possibiy afford to pay back.... they KNEW that these people wouldn't be able to pay the money back.
MOCRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 09:28 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Slave View Post
You sound like that idiot that hosted the "VMA's"
Vortex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 09:32 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaBear View Post
The people should have known they couldn't pay back the money It is explained thoroughly to them by a third party when they sign the paperwork
Did the paperwork warn these people that the price of gas was going to quadruple in price and that the price of food, home heating, and everything else was going to go through the roof, or did it warn that mass layoffs were going to happen???
I have seen this issue over and over first hand and it is by NO MEANS the peoples fault.
YOU could lose EVERYTHING tomarrow:-(

Last edited by Trugg; 09-13-2008 at 11:56 PM.
Trugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 09:36 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOCRAWLER View Post
What plan?? You are an absolute idiot. Please go outside and hang yourself immediately. Thanks.
Thats fine, you can bury your head in the sand all you want....
Trugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 10:00 PM   #26
RCC Addict

Quote:
Tell us all what "the plan" is...... please
montana.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 10:01 PM   #27
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOCRAWLER View Post
montana.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 10:19 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Did the paperwork warn these people that the price of gas was going to quadruple in price and that the price of food, home heating, and everything else was going to go through the roof, or did it warn that mass layoffs were going to happen???
I have seen this issue over and over first hand and it is be NO MEANS the peoples fault.
So doesn't that stand true for everyone? Some places are having a harder time than others. Not everywhere is that bad. I'm truly sorry for people in that situation, but most of it (I know b/c I see it everyday) comes from people that bit off more than they could chew. Never, ever buy a house for what you qualify. Buy what you can afford. Common sense.
MommaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 10:31 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

It's called life...... Risk....... Deal with it. Dammit you whining FAWK!!!! If I lose everything tomorrow I won't come whining to the government to help me out especially if I lose everything because I over extended my own finances. I definitley won't blame the government. I don't understand your reasoning. Do you want the government to take care of everything for you? Lets start a bail Trugg out of his stupidity fund. Just in case something goes wrong he will have a safety net.
Quote:
I have seen this issue over and over first hand and it is be NO MEANS the peoples fault.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:42 PM   #30
RCC Addict

2.5% 7 year ARM with a 13% max increase after the lock in expires....

Does that mean anything to anyone?
Eritex Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 10:47 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

That means you're in trouble. Don't buy the house. Go rent. Save money until you can make a bigger down payment. Have the loan officer explain it in terms you can understand. Make a budget . Live on what you earn. Never use credit cards. Get a 15 year fixed mortgage with the payment no bigger than a quarter of your take home income.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eritex Inc. View Post

Old 09-13-2008, 10:47 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
no its people thinking the 7 12 hour days were going to last.then went out and got in hock at that pay rate.then the economy went to shit.so now they are lucky to get 40 hours.when i went out to get a home loan they wanted to give me 200 thousand.which i could of paid for with 7 12s.i went and bought a home for 80 thousand.that i can cover on unemployment.they wanted to put me in a new jeep,i bought a 02.every body thought the good times were going to last.but look at history about every 20 years we have a recession.the only ones i feel bad for are the kids that have to suffer cause mom and dad are douch bags.
thatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 10:49 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

AMEN......
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
no its people thinking the 7 12 hour days were going to last.then went out and got in hock at that pay rate.then the economy went to shit.so now they are lucky to get 40 hours.when i went out to get a home loan they wanted to give me 200 thousand.which i could of paid for with 7 12s.i went and bought a home for 80 thousand.that i can cover on unemployment.they wanted to put me in a new jeep,i bought a 02.every body thought the good times were going to last.but look at history about every 20 years we have a recession.the only ones i feel bad for are the kids that have to suffer cause mom and dad are douch bags.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:50 PM   #34
06 Super National Champ

Yeah, when we came to Augusta the wife and I drove around looking for a house.

Found a sweet place on 9 acres with a pond, 3,000 sq. feet, marble/hardwood floors, carport that could cover about 12 cars, 4-car garage, tennis courts, etc. Nice place.

Were we approved for that amount? Yeah.

Could we make the payments on that then? Yeah.

Did we buy it? No.

We bought something at 1/2 the price instead.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 10:52 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

ya the word is full of dumbasses.the only time to take a rate like that is if you are going to sell the home before they rape you.with the rate increase.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:53 PM   #36
I wanna be Dave

Jason, I like you better all of the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta View Post

Found a sweet place on 9 acres with a pond, 3,000 sq. feet, marble/hardwood floors, carport that could cover about 12 cars, 4-car garage, tennis courts, etc. Nice place.

Did we buy it? No.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:53 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta View Post

Did we buy it? No.

smart man.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:09 PM   #38
Rock Stacker

Quote:
I'm sorry life sucks then you die. I am a mere 20 years old and am more financially responsible then these people taking out loans that they can't repay back. You want to know how I was able to over come these terrible economic setbacks? I plan ahead for the shit to hit the fan.

As a kid I never got cash advances from my parents, if i wanted something, I saved or put it on layaway until i could get it.

for most people buying a house is the biggest investment or purchase of their life.

Stuff like that needs planning in case of economic down turn or rising oil prices. When I make big purchases of stuff over 1000 dollars I figure in what I make in a week minimum, no over time. Then I figure in getting sent home early a few days a month to find out if I can afford it. It's all in the planning.
I factor gas, food, rent, bills, and any emergency stuff that could happen. I also have a credit card that has a large limit on it that i don't use in case my car breaks down. To me its just common sense, but then again its been beat in to my brain since day one. You have no idea how frustrating it was being younger and wanting something so bad and having to wait an extra month to gather up cash instead of getting my parents to give me the money to get it right away.

Stop passing the blame on to the banks ( its not right to loan to people who should not qualify in the first place though) People have to stand up for there **** ups now days. There is a serious lack of responsibility.

/end_rant

Last edited by ian48065; 09-13-2008 at 11:12 PM.
ian48065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 11:36 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Oh yeah, I forgot about the plan.
Attached Images

fatbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 11:37 PM   #40
RCC Addict

Quote:

Those were the term on my first house. 994 square foot split in a not great part of town. i lived there 6.5 years before I built and bought the house I am in now. ARM allowed me to get a house and acquire equity. At 6.5 years I either should have locked in a rate or sold, which I did.

Those type of loans are not meant to go full term, they are there to get people with little money down into a house and building wealth.
Eritex Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote