Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: 2009 Forward only ESC rule?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2008, 08:25 AM   #61
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblood View Post
Im pretty sure the courses have gotten tighter/more tehnical in the last 12 months with the addition of berg/dig.

This is stupid.

I am pretty sure I run 3 of 4 courses at the 08 nats without a reverse or any penalty for that matter.And that was a month ago.
joesbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2008, 08:51 AM   #62

Why would you want to reverse anyways. Change your mind on where you wanted to go? Heck the courses are laid out with markers and arrows is it that hard to follow???
RXcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 09:01 AM   #63
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXcrawler View Post
Why would you want to reverse anyways. Change your mind on where you wanted to go? Heck the courses are laid out with markers and arrows is it that hard to follow???

Not everyone has dig, so you have to reverse in spots.

No one says your club has to run the USRCCA rules, I think it would be pretty fun and challenging to do it without reverse.

Last edited by Shaun; 10-04-2008 at 09:04 AM.
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 09:06 AM   #64
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
Berg dig.........How many bergs where there in the top 5 in super this year.........

0!!!!!

Oh yeah, buy a Zero...... kamikazekustoms.com
actually there was one.. dont forget austin!
scuzzy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 09:11 AM   #65
Rock Crawler

Here is an idea, instead of completely killing the reverse, only allow so many per course and still count them as points. Lets say you are allowed 10 reverses per course and that is it. Now you have to be careful on the reverse you take. If you run out then you need to decide to reposition or figure out a different way to go. If you reverse after your tenth then the points go up 10 per reverse.

Rizzo at 69 points for gate 1 doesn't sound right to me. The way I read the rules you point out at that gate after 20 points. then you are moved fowards. you are only allowed 40 per course so why was he allowed to run up to 69 points. Or am I missing something stupid

Travis
TK-twister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 10:01 AM   #66
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-twister View Post
Rizzo at 69 points for gate 1 doesn't sound right to me. The way I read the rules you point out at that gate after 20 points. then you are moved fowards. you are only allowed 40 per course so why was he allowed to run up to 69 points. Or am I missing something stupid

Travis
There was no 20 point bypass rule and Rizzo got 80 points per couse and then his score was divided in half (we thought it was only fair because he was running Proline tires).
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 10:05 AM   #67
no talent hack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
There was no 20 point bypass rule and Rizzo got 80 points per couse and then his score was divided in half (we thought it was only fair because he was running Proline tires).
well explained.
Nabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 10:15 AM   #68
RCC Addict

You have got to be kidding me. This is a bunch of crap. For those who say "oh, i dont need reverse, i have dig" what if you are about to roll? You might need it to save taking a reposition. What about the 1:1 comps?? They use reverse.

I know that if this is true, then i will never go to another comp. Its just not worth the drive even if it was 10 minutes away from my house. You will be eliminating all newcomers to comps. There will be the same people going to nats each year.
Norcal crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 10:33 AM   #69
Quarry Creeper

I agree that this goes beyond stupid. So some judges cry a little and a HUGE change is made? Does everyone not realize that there is already a time limit? So the time issue makes no valid case IMO. How about losing judges, b/c people stop showing up? I wonder how the vendors feel about this?
MommaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 10:41 AM   #70
I wanna be Dave

If you have never judged a BIG event then you really dont know what some of us are saying...We have on average 70-80 competitors a comp and I hate judging from 9am til 8pm and this will help remedy the amount of time on courses...

And before you say then "dont judge" there is only a handful of people that even will judge for that amount of time...
k9popo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 10:48 AM   #71
Quarry Creeper

Yes. I have judged a big event. I judge almost every single one of our local comps. I was judging before I was even running. I have never complained. You big boys need to dry up the tears. Everyone gets the same amount of time. What was ridiculous was how long it took the judges to run at Nats. No one complained and we were all grateful for the hard work. I know what the judges went through that day. But you did get in free, so wtf? I was nice about it before, but I've lost that lovin' feelin'.
Old 10-04-2008, 10:50 AM   #72
I wanna be Dave

You guys done riled up the mommabear!
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 10:53 AM   #73
Quarry Creeper

Well this is ridiculous. A handful cry and ruin things for everyone else. It's just like anything else people try to do. People forget that the reason any hobby starts is for fun...
Old 10-04-2008, 11:01 AM   #74
Quarry Creeper

I'm sure this is bs, b/c it's in chit chat. But if it isn't, there's my piece
Old 10-04-2008, 11:02 AM   #75
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaBear View Post
Well this is ridiculous. A handful cry and ruin things for everyone else. It's just like anything else people try to do. People forget that the reason any hobby starts is for fun...

Exactly
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 11:06 AM   #76
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaBear View Post
I wonder how the vendors feel about this?
and manufactures this is a colossally dumb IDEA by the biggest sanctioning body in the hobby.. I know if I was a BIG manufacture I would change my mind right now and go find another niche to support..

this is about control and limiting the hobby it is just gonna stunt growth... things keep going like they are and this will be like R/C racing a bunch of little dieing tracks with different rules all over the place.. and you guys will have one big event a year with 30 people at it sounds fun..
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 11:07 AM   #77
Rock Crawler

I don't see how having no reverses will make events run quicker since there are still time limits in place, but it will make judging easier not having to watch every little move and catch the tiniest rollback.

Regardless, I have supported this since its' first mention almost a year ago.
Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 11:12 AM   #78
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9popo View Post
If you have never judged a BIG event then you really dont know what some of us are saying...We have on average 70-80 competitors a comp and I hate judging from 9am til 8pm and this will help remedy the amount of time on courses...

And before you say then "dont judge" there is only a handful of people that even will judge for that amount of time...
Then maybe its time to stop trying to cram everyone in on one day of competing. I know, people dont like doing things for two days and that will not work for everyone. But with the release of all these new crawlers, there will soon be 100+ people competing... and trying to get that done in 1 day will be insane. I would rather not have comps go to a 2-day event, but that might be what it takes unless we can figure out a way to get 80 people to run in 10 hours.

The way i am seeing this is that because the judges dont want to go for a full day, they make it so everyone else fails on every single course to speed things up. Now i am not saying that judging all day won't make you tired... because it will. I am saying that we should go at this a different way than eliminate reverses.
Norcal crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 11:13 AM   #79
Rock Crawler

Is the rules committee actually thinking about getting rid of reverse? I can't beleive what I'm hear...seeing. Is this a joke or not?
Crawlerguy851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 11:14 AM   #80
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcal crawler View Post
You will be eliminating all newcomers to comps. There will be the same people going to nats each year.
I'm guessing thats what the "cool kid clique" is trying to do...
youngblood is offline   Reply With Quote