Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Tattoo's Q&A thread......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2009, 11:55 PM   #81
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2JSC View Post
Kenny, what is your drawing process like?

It really depends on what the drawing is. Things that are very realistic don't need a lot of outlining or drawing, it's mostly freehand. If it's something like I just started on Kami (Jeff) than I research it and either piece stuff together or draw something off of what I see. In his case it was a little of both. Celtic knot work is a PITA!!!
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2009, 11:57 PM   #82
I wanna be Dave

So if I said, Jeep grill with cross-bones... you'd probably just free-hand it?

Any pics of your drawings?
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:12 AM   #83
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
So if I said, Jeep grill with cross-bones... you'd probably just free-hand it?

Any pics of your drawings?
I would say what kind of Jeep grill (Year and make) and what kind of bones (Human, animal, ect)? I would pull some reference and go from there..... Why do you need something done for a crawler?
Old 03-31-2009, 12:15 AM   #84
I wanna be Dave

No - it's just an idea I have for a possible future tattoo that I want to get.
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:17 AM   #85
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
No - it's just an idea I have for a possible future tattoo that I want to get.
It would be pretty easy to draw up
Old 03-31-2009, 02:00 AM   #86
Quarry Creeper

damn kenny! your laying down some incredible info for tattoo customers! and really helping out your fellow artists, as an airbrush artist i know what the life is like and everything you have said seems spot on in terms of treating the artist. i know the freindly customers that are happy to see the artist and dont bitch tend to get cheaper and better work. hell i basically painted a play background for free for a little old lady that had a stroke!

and for pricing looks like your spot on. all that materials, shop use, advertising and mistakes for my area, add up faster than pumping gas into the truck to go show your portfolio to go get jobs! lol
extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:46 AM   #87
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme View Post
damn kenny! your laying down some incredible info for tattoo customers! and really helping out your fellow artists, as an airbrush artist i know what the life is like and everything you have said seems spot on in terms of treating the artist. i know the freindly customers that are happy to see the artist and dont bitch tend to get cheaper and better work. hell i basically painted a play background for free for a little old lady that had a stroke!

and for pricing looks like your spot on. all that materials, shop use, advertising and mistakes for my area, add up faster than pumping gas into the truck to go show your portfolio to go get jobs! lol
In my business treating the customer good goes a long way. All you really have in the tattoo industry is word of mouth, put out good work, be honest with them, help them, and treat the guy getting a $50 tattoo like he's getting a $1000 tattoo

I've worked my ass off since the age of 13 in this business! I've watched what we know as tattooing go from nothing to main stream. I learned everything there is to do in the body modification world. I not only tattoo but I pierce, l brand, do implants, scarification, suspension, henna, web clipping, dermal punching, ect.... I do everything that is done in the body modification world And I am the only guy on the East Coast that does it all as one artist

I believe that if as a artist you can't answer any question that is asked of you about what we do you shouldn't be doing it! So I've spent 3/4 of my life learning about every aspect of it. Most tattooist like to keep what we do a secret for the most part, I'll tell you anything you want to know shy of teaching you how to do it (That will cost you $5k for a year of lessons) The more informed you are as the client, the better and safer our industry will be and grow
Old 03-31-2009, 02:53 AM   #88
Who's your Daddy-0!

Second pict, uninformed client..... First tattoo, informed client!!! Ask questions, look around, research your artist, check for safety, and get a great tattoo
Attached Images

Old 03-31-2009, 06:14 PM   #89
Quarry Creeper

5000 for a year of lessons!? seems tempting! especially when you have uhm no idear of how old you are but id say you got alot of money spent in your "experiance process" and that 5000 is deffinitly worth it.

when i spent a week in vegas learning from the best of the best for airbrushing, i picked up years and years of knowlege, tricks, attitudes and customer experiance for pennys on the dollar! at about a 100 a day and with about 150 years combined experiance from just my intructors... thats about a 1 dollar per 1.5 years of banging your head against the wall know how!

lol

art is a funny thing, its like the universe, there is no limit to what you can learn and no ends for wear it will take you.

keep up the great work kenny! you certanley have earned everything you have if not more.

tell me what did you do when you are a starving artist looking at giving up your lifes goal b/c you cant make ends meet?

its a hard question but i feel you may have been there.... im sorry this isnt tattoo related but id like to here your answer, this is a situation im facing right now
Old 03-31-2009, 06:34 PM   #90
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:

tell me what did you do when you are a starving artist looking at giving up your lifes goal b/c you cant make ends meet?

its a hard question but i feel you may have been there.... im sorry this isnt tattoo related but id like to here your answer, this is a situation im facing right now
Being any type of artist in today's world is very hard! When I opened my own tattoo shop almost 6 years ago I gave up everything. I used every single penny I had to my name and borrowed some to get my place open. I was 3 months behind on everything, got a letter to be evicted, car company was coming for my car, cell phone got cut off, power was gone, and no food in the frig I was able to pay everything within the first 2 weeks of being open.

You have to have something or someone on the side to pay the bills and get you by. Think outside of the box to make extra $. You airbrush.....work at the flea market on the weekends, they eat that chit up there Start painting RC bodies and sell them here! Start a free website to show off your work and get the word out. Start doing work on motorcycles and cars at a local paint and body shop, that pays big $. Sooner or later you will have your own place doing what you wana do

All I can say is hang in there, don't give up, the pay off is worth it I promise
Old 03-31-2009, 07:00 PM   #91
Quarry Creeper

ahh ive done all of it excluding the flea market, im just at a point wear im not sure if i can get back into it! right now its hard to find the time woking full time and being dead when i get home. hopefully one day soon i can get back in it. the line of work i do right now is degrading and miserable. but im paying bills! well just the bills nothing else. it sucks being a cleaning zombie when you know you should be doing more with your life......

but im just thinking aloud right now. i know i gotta suck it up and put in the hours to make something happen....just need to find the engery

Last edited by extreme; 03-31-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:06 PM   #92
Rock Crawler

How long would something like the RCC logo above your ankle take to do?
Tupers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:01 PM   #93

Hey I looked through the thread and couldn't find it anywhere, but how high would and elbow tattoo rank on your pain scale?
T.R.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:24 PM   #94
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
as an airbrush artist
Really, hell your not far from me. You've got a PM.
slowrockr is offline   Reply With Quote