Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Advice needed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 09:30 AM   #21
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by paystin View Post
Do not call today, wait until Monday. Friday's are always bad days to try and start up something new. Just give it till Monday and call in the LATE MORNING, not 8:00 am. Belive me, I know it sucks to be patient but overdoing it is even worse. iF your the guy for the job, they already know it so one more day isn't going to kill it.
Good luck!
X2
the second you get in on friday morning the only thing you're really thinking about is happy hour after work.
it would be best to call around 10 on monday. most people are usually settled in by then and working on their second cup of coffee; and is already peppy from their first.
good luck man
NeXt559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2009, 06:24 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

I really wish I wasn't so damn impatient!
wrx-n-ktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 03:51 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

I guess I'll try my luck again tomorrow:?

Is it unprofessional to send an e-mail asking about the 2nd interview? I was thinking it would be a bit weird.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:04 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Don't send an e-mail until you know the status of the 2nd interview. Make them tell you on the phone what is going on. Just call after 10:00 a.m tomorrow and you'll be fine.
paystin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:33 AM   #25
Rock Crawler

Just got off the phone with them, he said they had a surprise OSHA inspection on Thursday and that is why I wasn't called back. Now I have my 2nd interview today at 2!

Hopefully all goes well!
Old 11-16-2009, 08:36 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

congrats Dude!!

i bet you'll get it!
BEELZEBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:18 AM   #27
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEELZEBOB View Post
congrats Dude!!

i bet you'll get it!
I hope your right! I'd feel a lot better if there were less people going for it, 250 applicants is quite a lot! I imagine a few of the people who are going for it don't have the experience that I do at least
Old 11-16-2009, 02:37 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

Got there at about 1:45 and went to talk to the guy doing the interview in his office, he had me sit down and basically told me that a 2nd interview was pointless and told me the job was mine! The physical is on Wednesday and he wants me to bring my tools in on Friday and start work Monday morning!!! Man this feels great

And to top it off I got a voice mail from the facilities manager at FedEx wanting me to go in tomorrow at 2 for an interview there! I figured it couldn't hurt to try that place out as well
Old 11-16-2009, 02:38 PM   #29
RCC Addict

CONGRATS!!!!!

Now get to work!
Rubbaneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:17 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Good to hear man.

again and confirmed, lol, CONGRATS!
BEELZEBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:02 PM   #31
Coral Crawler

Way to go Ryan, congrats, turning a nice cold one up for ya as I type . You're really lucky with the way the job market is now. You smell that?? I think I smell packing tape, peanuts and cardboard. Guess it will soon be time to pull that Boyer of your's off the shelf, she misses you, lol. Now that you're healed up time to switch the physical therapy over to the old transmitter fingers and get them in shape again, lol.
beachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:02 PM   #32
RCC Addict

Nice job man! Glad to hear the good news from somebody else out there looking for a job. Hopefully I have the same luck this week after my 2nd interview.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:51 PM   #33
No idea what I'm doing

Congrats Man!!!!

And good luck to you Paystin!!
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:08 AM   #34
Pebble Pounder

Congrats! Been watching this thread with my fingers crossed for ya.

Good job and great advice from the members Very positive thread, people are getting hired out there!

Now go do work!
yarddog35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:21 AM   #35
www.team3sixrc.com

very cool. man I feel terrible for me. One year exatly and I have been unemployeed. Congrads man

Last edited by team3six; 11-17-2009 at 09:05 AM.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:52 AM   #36
RCC Addict

congrats!
NeXt559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:01 AM   #37
Rock Crawler

I'm all dressed and ready to go to my interview at Fedex! My mother works there as a QA person and they have excellent benefits and she did some investigating for me and found out they start mechanics with experience anywhere from 18 to 24 an hour At least there won't be any stress involved with this interview seeing how I already have a job to start on Monday

And gool luck to the rest of you guys searching out work
Old 11-17-2009, 06:04 PM   #38
Rock Crawler

Okay so now I am in need of some more advice!!!!!!!

My interview went really well at Fedex today (I was there for over 2 hours) The facilities manager told me that the HR people would be setting up an interview with me as well.

Now my dilemma is that the other company wants me to start with them on Monday. Fedex is a lot closer, about $3.50 more per hour to start, 2 weeks vacation right from the start, I wouldn't have to bring in my tools to Fedex, and much much better benefits.

I don't want to say anything to the other company just encase Fedex doesn't work out. But it will be really awkward if I have to leave a job for Fedex after only being there for 1 week.

I know it's not a bad problem for me to have but I really don't know how to go about this!!!!

Oh and the job was for a Maintenance Tech I but with my experience the manager said he would be able to bring me in as a Maintenance TechII
Old 11-17-2009, 06:17 PM   #39
www.team3sixrc.com

As my father always says, dont leave a job until you have another. So keep the job you have and when the other place calls for an interview, set up the interview for a time that keeps you from being caught by the other company. Dont ever leave your options open on a what if.

If that doesnt work for you, call fed ex and tell them you have been offered a job with another company to start on Monday and would like very much to be apart of their team and ask if it is possible to set up an interview today.

Being optimistic and showing you want to work for somebody is what employers look at. I hate to lead another company on and I have been in the same situtation before, but you have to do whats best for you.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:40 PM   #40
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
As my father always says, dont leave a job until you have another. So keep the job you have and when the other place calls for an interview, set up the interview for a time that keeps you from being caught by the other company. Dont ever leave your options open on a what if.

If that doesnt work for you, call fed ex and tell them you have been offered a job with another company to start on Monday and would like very much to be apart of their team and ask if it is possible to set up an interview today.

Being optimistic and showing you want to work for somebody is what employers look at. I hate to lead another company on and I have been in the same situtation before, but you have to do whats best for you.
Very well said. Don't give up what you already have but force Fed Ex to hurry up their process to get you in.