Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Advice needed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2009, 10:57 AM   #41
Rock Crawler

Well, I got a call from Fed Ex this morning setting up a 2nd interview for Friday Morning!!!! This could get very awkward!
wrx-n-ktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2009, 11:58 AM   #42
www.team3sixrc.com

Well good for you, Yeah it will be awkward but be confident and like I said, Just go with the flow. Tell them you have an offer from another company, but you would rather be part of the fed Ex team and be very appreciative if they would concider hiring you. Dont come off too desperate,, but willing and able. This will show them that your willing to put aside another offer to work for them. being hoenst will gain you points in your favor.

If you get the job, then just politely tell the other company that you appolgize but you have been offered the same position with another company for with more incentive. Thank them for bringing you on but tell them that you have to do whats in your best intrest. Sometimes this situation and wording it like that can 50% of the time force the other company to reconcider and offer you the same or more in order to secure the position. It all depends on the demand for your job and how willing they are to fill that position.

If anything they will be somewhat appreciative that you at the least informed them of the situation.

Now if Fed Ex doesnt hire you right away and tell you they will call you, just go to the original job your hired for and be sure to follow up with Fed Ex for hire there if that is your desire.

This way if fed Ex hires you later on in the week or month, your employeed and then you can just tell your company your working for the same statement.

Never burn your bridges!
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:20 PM   #43
Rock Crawler

Thanks for the advice so far! I plan on starting with the other company and waiting until I get an actual start date before I say anything! My mother works at Fed ex on 1st shift and she said the facilities manager was talking like I already had the job and he also said that there are not to many more qualified applicants that he has seen. Now I just have to get through the interview with HR. I always hate the weird questions they sometimes ask though!!!
Old 11-22-2009, 07:01 PM   #44
Rock Crawler

First day tomorrow morning!
Old 11-22-2009, 07:19 PM   #45
0 0

depends on your situation but you could tell the current job whats going on and you are being asked to come work somewhere else for more money and better benefits. if they need you they will try to match it. if not they will say thank you for your time.
but definitely make sure you have the other job first
romulus22 is offline   Reply With Quote