Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Lack of Crawler Coverage in RC MAGS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2010, 07:46 PM   #41
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
I suppose Guitar magazine should stop advertising trojan condoms because it has nothing to do with guitars!
Playing guitar well leads to the need for condoms.

Driving rc cars well does not lead to the need for little boats.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2010, 07:47 PM   #42
www.team3sixrc.com

So I have a Traxxas speed boat and a stealth plane. Why cant I have them in an RC magazine?
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 07:53 PM   #43
Quarry Creeper

I would encourage crawling fans wanting more coverage to simply email the magazines and ask for it.
MattH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 07:54 PM   #44
Suck it up!

Quote:
So I have a Traxxas speed boat and a stealth plane. Why cant I have them in an RC magazine?
'cause I said. That should be good enough for the likes of you.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:54 PM   #45
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeno View Post
That's because crawling is a fad. It will never catch on.
I've seen that said a lot with clear sarcasm, but did someone actually ever say that and mean it?
Old 05-19-2010, 07:58 PM   #46
www.team3sixrc.com

well no old hippies are peritted to comment on it either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
'cause I said. That should be good enough for the likes of you.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:00 PM   #47
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockrooster View Post
A small monthly section in the mags to start with would be good
RCCA had that; it was called "Rock Pile." It will return and there is someone on this forum that I hope will be the columnist.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:15 PM   #48
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattH View Post
It will return and there is someone on this forum that I hope will be the columnist.
ok, ok. i'll take the job, as long as t is salary pay and not by the piece. also, you guys are in charge of paying for my ghost writer....
STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:58 PM   #49
Rock Crawler

Ok, well I'v been to a Barns & Noble book store and found RC magazines, first,

RC Car Action, features some boats, planes and some Helicopters. It says RC CAR action. meaning wheels too me. half way threw any of there mags, it shifts to other RC related theams such as boats and what not,

2 RC FLYER! yup just for flight RC's so
ALSO RC Boat. seen this magazine a few times and features boats.
there are also Several Model Railroad magazines and crap that i dont like, but to each his one.

So why feature boats and helis in an RC Car magazine? Take them out and put in some crawling action. and if there wasnt such a big MainStream following with the crawlers. then why not hold these events in exesting places such as RC Tracks that are well known. you dont have to go to the moutains to do some crawling. or to hold a comp.

Just saying. if i wanted to read about Planes, boats or trains, i would buy them magazines, if i wanted to see some crawling action id want to pick up a RC CAR Magazine.
Twiztid Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:24 PM   #50
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiztid Metal View Post
Ok, well I'v been to a Barns & Noble book store and found RC magazines, first,

RC Car Action, features some boats, planes and some Helicopters. It says RC CAR action. meaning wheels too me. half way threw any of there mags, it shifts to other RC related theams such as boats and what not,

So why feature boats and helis in an RC Car magazine? Take them out and put in some crawling action. and if there wasnt such a big MainStream following with the crawlers. then why not hold these events in exesting places such as RC Tracks that are well known. you dont have to go to the moutains to do some crawling. or to hold a comp.

Just saying. if i wanted to read about Planes, boats or trains, i would buy them magazines, if i wanted to see some crawling action id want to pick up a RC CAR Magazine.
Ha! See what I'm saying! Instead of spending time covering aspects of the rc world that ALREADY HAVE THEIR OWN DEDICATED MONTHLY MAGAZINES, cover something that doesn't: crawlers.

btw: suck it team3six.

Last edited by Duuuuuuuude; 05-20-2010 at 08:26 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:25 PM   #51
www.team3sixrc.com

how about this, Log into RCCrawler.com, join the forums and read all you want, look at as many pics as you want, and see all the events across the nation and other countries for free!!! even get to see vids and live action. and then buy a star for $20.00. the cost of a subscrption to an RC magazine. and you not only support the continued exsistance of RCC but you can have an avatar and use the buy and sell forums.

Best of all. you actually see what people think of your build rather then seeing it in print where you have no comments from anyone.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:02 PM   #52
No idea what I'm doing

You can't do interactive giveaways in a magazine.

(you also can't do blatant product advertising in a magazine whenever the mood hits...thanks RCC!!!)

C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:26 PM   #53
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattH View Post
I've seen that said a lot with clear sarcasm, but did someone actually ever say that and mean it?
I heard Grimace did....

Last edited by Reflection; 05-20-2010 at 10:43 PM.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:27 PM   #54
Suck it up!

Quote:
how about this, Log into RCCrawler.com, join the forums and read all you want, look at as many pics as you want, and see all the events across the nation and other countries for free!!! even get to see vids and live action. and then buy a star for $20.00. the cost of a subscrption to an RC magazine. and you not only support the continued exsistance of RCC but you can have an avatar and use the buy and sell forums.

Best of all. you actually see what people think of your build rather then seeing it in print where you have no comments from anyone.
I can't and won't disagree with any of that. But there is far more exposure when you have something tangible and on a shelf or rack. Plus its easier to carry a magazine around with you vs a web site to show someone who you think may be interested.

Last edited by Duuuuuuuude; 05-20-2010 at 10:30 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:34 PM   #55
www.team3sixrc.com

Quote:
I can't and won't disagree with any of that. But there is far more exposure when you have something tangible and on a shelf or rack. Plus its easier to carry a magazine around with you vs a web site to show someone who you think may be interested.
OK, then pay for an add in a RC magazine of your choice for RCC.

Look, Im not trying to argue with ya. But I dodnt think you understand how magazines work. Yes they can use more coverage, but they arent going to do it just because. something needs to fuel or influance the rise in crawling forthem to take notice. Why would or should vendors advertise in magazines when 99% of their business in by word of mouth on websites.

I cant tell you how many times I have wanted to buy something from some company and found out they were bogus on here at RCC. How would I had known that if I wasnt a member just reading it in a magazine.
Buying a fulkl page add doesnt make them legit either.

ya know what i am saying.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:49 PM   #56
Suck it up!

Quote:
ya know what i am saying.
I do.

The unfortunate thing is they do reviews based on free crap they get from vendors and the revenue generated through ad sales. Why else would there be boats and planes in a car magazine? Why else would you see so many of their builds being done with shit parts from Integy?

You would think that at some point someone would do something for the love of the sport, not for the paycheck it brings.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:21 PM   #57
www.team3sixrc.com

Look, I know alot of people dont care for Xtreme RC Cars magazine. But Ill tell you why I love it. I think its very true, down to earth, relaistic and they try and keep the balance on everything that is RC. They also have an RC Heli magazine and so they keep helis to that mag. But everything is covered and I can tell you first hand that they contacted Rocksmith for his gearjelly, not him offering it for them to test.
They did a review of his proiduct and actually use it now.
Yes manufacturers send magazines RC's to test them and thats how they get reviewed. But as far as XRC goes, I think the reviews they give are very fair. they tell you their opinion and grade it.
Now Ads pay for the magazine so if someone is gonna sell a product and want to generate sales. they pay for an ad. its a business, not a lets make friends magazine.
How else are they supposed to get a paycheck and distribute a magazine.

Same here. Ads, vendors, $20.00 stars pay for this website to exsist. If they didnt charge for those things, you wouldnt be on a website called RCC. you would be reading the magazines bitching at yourself about boat ads being in a magazine.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:41 PM   #58
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Buy a iPad! Then you can do just that!
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:23 AM   #59
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIA's Dad View Post
To me it just seems that there should be some guys here that, If they really wanted to rapidly grow this sector of the market could swing enough advertising to put out a small magazine. And I think they would be able to put out a much better magazine than what is available now.
Don't see why not, look at Model Cars Magazine. It's a small magazine, half of the content is from magazine forum members or the guy who owns and is the editor of the magazine. The magazine owner/editor is also a rock crawler like us

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIA's Dad View Post
RCD has defiantly gone down hill lately. IMO!!!

And I have to say, I don't, never have and never will read Car Action or what ever is the name of that other magazine.
I've stopped reading most of the magazines, even if I can get them for free.................
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:08 AM   #60
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooKenny View Post
Buy a iPad! Then you can do just that!
I knew someone would say that...