Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Lack of Crawler Coverage in RC MAGS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2010, 08:29 AM   #61
Quarry Creeper

I still go back to letting the magazine know what you want to see more of. Make them realize how big the segment you care about is. Write emails asking for more crawling, submit photos of your rigs, visit them on facebook and their forums. I think the magazines were doing a pretty good job on rock crawling .... until short course came on the scene and pretty much stole the spot light. You can wish for more coverage or actively do something to get it.

Like many people, I visit forums regularly for all sorts of interests from RC to fishing to photography. None of them, in my opinion, replace magazines. It's just a different experience.

RC Car Action's goal is to reflect the whole hobby, so our content naturally shifts as the hobby shifts its interests. That said, I still think rock crawling is important and universally popular. Our monthly crawling column will most likely be returning very soon.
MattH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2010, 12:52 PM   #62
Rock Crawler

I like to take my magazines with me where ever I go, I'm the type of person that get board really quick. Like at my girlfriends family house. So i make sure I have something to read when ever I'm doing those type of things. also at work on break or lunch i like to flip threw a magazine and check things out. I cant take my laptop EVERYWHERE, But i can take a magazine to read. so there for i cant take RCCRAWLER.COM everywhere I go. Also on road trips and what not,

Sure RCCRAWLER.COM is the place too be for alot of information, but this is just a forum, there hasnt been articals or features like a magazine does. no reviews of the latest product, no intereview's with team drivers, because there are too many people that have differeant opinions. RC magazine's are bias and give a good fair and honest review. there not gona take out a Venom creeper and say it SUCKS and dont waste your money on it.... LIKE SOME PEOPLE ON here...

go to the NEW'S section of this website and tell me when its been updated? Been a while.

Just my opinion, dont like it....suck it lol
Twiztid Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:43 PM   #63
Quarry Creeper

Default Here's Your Chance

Here's your chance, guys. Go to www.rccaraction.com/survey and fill out the simple survey. The entire survey is to help us with content, so if you want more crawling, this is as good of a chance as any for you to be heard.

Thanks,
Matt Higgins
Old 05-21-2010, 08:00 PM   #64
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattH View Post
Here's your chance, guys. Go to www.rccaraction.com/survey and fill out the simple survey. The entire survey is to help us with content, so if you want more crawling, this is as good of a chance as any for you to be heard.

Thanks,
Matt Higgins
Got the notice in my email and filled it out ASAP.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:01 PM   #65
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Got the notice in my email and filled it out ASAP.
Thank you.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:07 AM   #66
Rock Crawler

Just filled mine out also!!
Old 05-22-2010, 10:30 AM   #67
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattH View Post

Thanks,
Matt Higgins
Thanks!

I hope I don't get junk e/mail; I usually don't give my address on simple surveys or forms...
JeepinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 01:33 PM   #68
Rock Crawler

Well, had the GF pick me up a copy of RC Car Action while she was at Rite Aide and guess what.... Yup, Not one artical about crawlers.... Bunch of Ad's for some things, but not an artical or product review. Not shit.

Ohh, there was an Axial in the Readers Rides section...., Nothing to brag about thats for sure....

Just about every page there was something about SC trucks and Truggies. and in the back was a boat review. I guess i did my support for the Magazine Industry, I guess ill read the next one while shopping at Meijer then put it back on the rack lol.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:19 PM   #69
Quarry Creeper

I won't argue with what's been posted so far. No one has mentioned that more people in crawling = more demand for parts = more manufacurers making parts = more advertising and coverage in magazines.

After just a few months into the crawling scene, I would say, and no offense to anyone, that r/c crawlers are the least friendly or helpful bunch in the r/c world. And I've been into every facet of wheeled type r/c vehicles for damn near 20 years now. If I haven't already known a lot of the basics about cars, I would have packed up a long time ago and given up on crawlers. If that's how someone with my experience feels, how do you think someone who wants to get into r/c and has no r/c experience will feel with the attitude everyone seems to be carrying at most of the comps? They won't be into crawling for very long, that's for sure.

I briefly posted in the XR10 thread about how that kit may bring more people into R/C crawling. Guess what, not one positive comment about bringing new people into the sport. One guy even went so far about how it's "not good" for the sport for someone to just turn up one day with an XR10 and end up mid-pack amongst a crowd of MOAs or shafties.

That's the kind of elitist attitude that partially doomed Supers to begin with. People look at you like you're a dumbass if you want to learn about building a halfway decent crawler. Heck, that's the same attitude here to new members when they post a simple question. If you spent two seconds clicking on the link, why not just tell the poor sap the answer to his question? At least do more than just say "use search, dumbass." Maybe you'll save crawling as a part of r/c one day.

The other half of the equation is cost. I've priced out a basic Berg setup, and it's damn near $800 to start. The Bully is at least offered as a complete kit that is decent save for the school bus turning radius, but then you have the whole setup of two motors and separate ESC's or Punk dig to get independent drive out of the motors. It's not a simple task for someone just starting out in the sport. Not one single crawler, save for the Losi Comp Crawler, can be pulled out of the box, and be competitive with just dropping in your choice of electronics. Like I said in the XR10 thread, I support Axial in releasing what hopefully will be the most competitive kit out of the box for r/c crawling fans.

Last edited by K.O.M.; 05-24-2010 at 10:21 PM.
K.O.M. is offline   Reply With Quote