Default Re: Cool Pictures

Beautiful

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2017, 09:25 AM   #7342
Quarry Creeper

The only thing stretched and raked bikes do well is pose for pics. They're terrible for actual riding.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:40 AM   #7343
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
The only thing stretched and raked bikes do well is pose for pics. They're terrible for actual riding.

Yeah..... but will cruise for hours, like this Vinnie...... Matt rides it

Hang up and Drive
Old 04-27-2017, 10:27 AM   #7344

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
Beautiful

Hang up and Drive
That is pretty nice. What motor is in it?
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 10:28 AM   #7345
Quarry Creeper

To each their own I guess. I appreciate the look, and the fact that others enjoy them, but every one I've been on puts you in a really uncomfortable riding position, and they handle weird. And around here, raked out front ends and low cornering clearance ruin one of the main things bikes are fun for, going through corners. We don't have any straight roads here, at all.

My opinion of cruisers is also tainted by the fact that every year from May to October, people who've never been through a corner on their 900lbs lead sled come here, blow corners constantly, end up in your lane, clog up all the good roads at 30mph below the posted limit, etc. The riding here was much better before a certain road (and others now ) became world famous thanks to the interwebs and the photographers camped in every other corner.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:35 AM   #7346
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
That is pretty nice. What motor is in it?

Vincent Black Shadow.

Many were appalled by Matt customizing it as only 170 were made, I think they are selling for $500K now

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincent_Black_Shadow

Hang up and Drive
Old 04-27-2017, 10:40 AM   #7347
I wanna be Dave

I've ridden from a 100cc single to a 1800cc Custom Chopper.... funny thing is my chopper handled better than most of my other street factory bikes. It's in the engineering , and matching the power plant.
We don't have twistey's or mountains like in GA so a 10' long bike is great....,

Hang up and Drive
Old 04-27-2017, 11:22 AM   #7348

Quote:
To each their own I guess. I appreciate the look, and the fact that others enjoy them, but every one I've been on puts you in a really uncomfortable riding position, and they handle weird. And around here, raked out front ends and low cornering clearance ruin one of the main things bikes are fun for, going through corners. We don't have any straight roads here, at all.

My opinion of cruisers is also tainted by the fact that every year from May to October, people who've never been through a corner on their 900lbs lead sled come here, blow corners constantly, end up in your lane, clog up all the good roads at 30mph below the posted limit, etc. The riding here was much better before a certain road (and others now ) became world famous thanks to the interwebs and the photographers camped in every other corner.
People say the same about sport bikes. People say they aren't practical since they are uncomfortable and too fast for the street, but they are design for track performance. I prefer the middle - naked bikes. Performance and comfort. Although my "nekkid" bike isn't the most comfortable nor the fastest.

And people also say the same about sport bike riders that people love to call "squids". The problem is squids exist on every type of motorcycle and from every walk of life. I personally think that we are all squids at one point.

I like all motorcycles and also motorcyclists unless they are are from the "It's not a motorcycle unless it's a [insert brand here]."

Quote:
Vincent Black Shadow.

Many were appalled by Matt customizing it as only 170 were made, I think they are selling for $500K now

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincent_Black_Shadow

Hang up and Drive
Wow! I can see why people were talking about him modifying one of those things. I'm not into old bikes, but even I have heard about those bikes.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:16 PM   #7349
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I personally think that we are all squids at one point.
We all started out newbie at some point.

This is true, but its all about the attitude you carry. Seems the new squids carry a attitude like there doing nothing wrong or they are already good riders.

Be a little humble and realize you're still learning and listen to the others that want to help.

I have no problem with guys who realize they are learning. But there is a right time and place to learn before you go and try the famous twisty road on a busy weekend.
59sled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 12:24 PM   #7350
I wanna be Dave

Default Cool Pictures

I remember when Daytona Bike Week was 90% HD few Brits and BMWs and sport bikes were rare. Then I saw wheelies down sidewalks and A1A.... Not my crowd.
Now Laconia!!!!!

Hang up and Drive
Old 04-27-2017, 12:35 PM   #7351
Quarry Creeper

Yep, not into sportbikes either, too uncomfortable. I'm a supermoto guy, just give me a dirt bike with some slicks and big brakes and I'm in my happy place. They have 1/4 of the HP of a modern liter bike, but more lean angle, and better braking performance being half the weight. And you can still do some pretty decent offroad on modern sticky sportbike tires when it's dry as a lot of our soil is clay based.

Old 04-27-2017, 02:09 PM   #7352

Quote:
I remember when Daytona Bike Week was 90% HD few Brits and BMWs and sport bikes were rare. Then I saw wheelies down sidewalks and A1A.... Not my crowd.
Now Laconia!!!!!

Hang up and Drive
I remember going to one of the famous saloons (I forget the name) in Daytona during bike week and not being allowed to park in there because my Buell wasn't "Harley enough" for those douchebags. them. Those are the exact type of "motorsickle" riders that call themselves "bikers" that I hate.

Riding down A1A on a motorcycle was one of the coolest experiences of my life though.

Quote:
Yep, not into sportbikes either, too uncomfortable. I'm a supermoto guy, just give me a dirt bike with some slicks and big brakes and I'm in my happy place. They have 1/4 of the HP of a modern liter bike, but more lean angle, and better braking performance being half the weight. And you can still do some pretty decent offroad on modern sticky sportbike tires when it's dry as a lot of our soil is clay based.
I'm a short **** or else I'd have a super moto. They are bad ass!

I think comes with age, at least it did for me, but it's not about outright speed. It's more fun to try to be fast on something that it is slow than it is to try to go fast on something that is way faster than your skill level. Modern sport bikes are more capable than 99% of the people on this planet.
Old 04-27-2017, 02:49 PM   #7353
I wanna be Dave

My last bike was a 107" Texas Chopper, Bad assed and scary fast. Smooth and long , people could hear me coming for some reason.

Hang up and Drive
Old 04-27-2017, 05:20 PM   #7354
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I had a Triumph Daytona with a long springer front end, early 70's style with bad geometry..it was a deathtrap..lol
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 06:57 PM   #7355
I wanna be Dave

I had a '68 Triumph Bonneville, custom lengthened hardtail frame for my 6'2" stature, 17" over stock hydraulic forks, geometry was done right. Me and a buddy on his Wide Glide would cruise out Old Hwy 80 east of San Diego on the weekends to another friends house out in Jacumba, speed limit on that strip of road was 25mph in spots, lots of twisty's, the guys on crotch rockets would pass us by, couple of them would end up over the cliff occasionally.
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 05:48 AM   #7356
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I remember going to one of the famous saloons (I forget the name) in Daytona during bike week and not being allowed to park in there because my Buell wasn't "Harley enough" for those douchebags. them. Those are the exact type of "motorsickle" riders that call themselves "bikers" that I hate.

Riding down A1A on a motorcycle was one of the coolest experiences of my life though.

I'm a short **** or else I'd have a super moto. They are bad ass!

I think comes with age, at least it did for me, but it's not about outright speed. It's more fun to try to be fast on something that it is slow than it is to try to go fast on something that is way faster than your skill level. Modern sport bikes are more capable than 99% of the people on this planet.

Yep, you nailed it. Riding a slow bike fast is much more rewarding, and rather than biting you if you do the least little thing wrong, the sumo will gently suggest that's enough LOL.
Old 04-28-2017, 06:29 AM   #7357
I wanna be Dave

My early days involved trials on a 'taco....
A dab would do ya !

Hang up and Drive
Old 04-28-2017, 08:14 AM   #7358
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Jake Holden Is one awesome guy. Wish he would have gotten a proper ride in the AMA superbike series but always got stuck on shoe string budget teams. The bike he raced up pikes peak was bad ***!
Attached Images

Shoei1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 05:21 AM   #7359
Rock Crawler

I wouldn't ride any LOUD bike, and that seem to be popular no matter what kind of bike it is.
Some Harley's here almost blow my little car off the road, solely by the sound pressure coming off the damn things.

I wouldn't ride a loud car either, and that's also popular with what i call Mujaffa exhaust systems.

Just like i knew Blue ( not least Blue LED lighting in everything ) stopped being trendy in 2005 i now know loud are not trendy, real men drive stealth.

You wont hear me coming and then whooosh and i am gone again.

PS. no i dont drive a tesla, but i co funded a lot of those via my taxes and the tax cuts electric cars got here.

Last edited by Peaker; 04-29-2017 at 05:31 AM.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 05:44 AM   #7360
Quarry Creeper

Hot
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote