high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 12:41 PM   #8924
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Cool Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings_of_fire View Post
Yes.

Vertical turning lathe.

Yes. BFL. I’ve got one that uses a brushed 550 can.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 10:45 PM   #8925
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
You can't take my points! I am a die hard Regular Show fan... have seen every episode multiple times and have all DVD sets ever released. I miss that show in a bad way and almost cried when Pops sacrificed his life to save mankind! My wife wants a cat and I told her that if we get one we might as well get two ( or a dog) and I INSISTED that we name them Mordecai & Rigby!

As for Real Steel... My buddy ( who knows that I'm a HUGE Battle-Bots fan) told me that he had this movie that I might like because it reminded him of "that battle robot show you like". I enthusiastically told him that I'd very much like to see it. Holy crap... Everything about that movie is horrible! Acting is ridiculously over-dramatic, story is weak and predictable, characters are hollow and completely unappealing, and all the relationships feel completely insincere. There is absolutely nothing about that movie that is any good besides some of the robotic effects. Only reason it's on my desk is because it's on it's way back to my buddy's house lol.

So yea... I'm gonna need those bonus points back haha!
Hpd, just thought you should know my son has been binge watching regular show for 2 days now lol

And that 4 runner is awesome. Bonus points achieved x2.
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 12:39 AM   #8926
RCC Addict

Man... I had the crappiest of days today... found out that our lender declined the loan application on our dream home, discovered that my 4runner has badly leaking rear axle seals, horrible day at work, etc... but after reading your post, I was able to produce about the most sincere smile of the entire day! Thank you!

Awesome to hear that your little man is cool and unique enough to be able to appreciate one of the greatest animated series of all time!

Jolly good show!
Old 07-29-2018, 01:18 AM   #8927
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Man... I had the crappiest of days today... found out that our lender declined the loan application on our dream home, discovered that my 4runner has badly leaking rear axle seals, horrible day at work, etc... but after reading your post, I was able to produce about the most sincere smile of the entire day! Thank you!

Awesome to hear that your little man is cool and unique enough to be able to appreciate one of the greatest animated series of all time!

Jolly good show!
Hope tommorow is a better day for you.

Try another lender, we applied for a loan at the bank we had 70k worth of term deposits in, as well as other monies..they wouldn't lend us the $$ for a home.
We went literally across the street to a credit union we had no history with and within a few days they gave us the loan
After the approval we went to our bank and withdrew all funds and closed the account and said f#ck you very much
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 03:02 AM   #8928
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonclod View Post
Hope tommorow is a better day for you.

Try another lender, we applied for a loan at the bank we had 70k worth of term deposits in, as well as other monies..they wouldn't lend us the $$ for a home.
We went literally across the street to a credit union we had no history with and within a few days they gave us the loan
After the approval we went to our bank and withdrew all funds and closed the account and said f#ck you very much

Thanks, man. I genuinely appreciate the input. Not sure where we're gonna go from here but I was astounded by the lender's nonchalant attitude as well as their unwillingness to offer any other options. If I'm to be honest, the asking price was probably a little more than we could handle but as a lender that supposedly specialized in first-time home buyer assistance, it was ridiculous what they wanted us to put down.

We are looking at a couple other more affordable homes as well, but I absolutely don't envision any further correspondence with this particular lender. My concern now is whether or not our credit scores have been compromised due to the process of having a credit report pulled by the lender. Buddy of mine said that when he and his wife bought their home, that his credit score plummeted 30 points. Currently, I'm not sure if our lender even ran a report on us because we were simply applying for pre- qualification but if we did happen to take a big hit then looking at another home through a different lender may not even be doable.

We'll see what happens from here and I do plan on Monday to ask the lender about all this but it's certainly a shame to work so hard for so many years and still not be able to secure a home for ourselves. Again... Thank you for the support.
Old 07-29-2018, 08:26 AM   #8929
Quarry Creeper

HPD, that sucks man, hate to hear that. I don't know about in your area, but I know where I'm at unless the home you're looking at qualifies for some type of first time home owner loan (and there are a LOT of stipulations on this) then you're expected to cough up a 20% down payment. I was looking at buying a few years back, found an awesome house in my price range, and couldn't get the loan because it was on a shared water system.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 10:29 AM   #8930
RCC Addict

Thank you. I knew that this wasn't going to be easy and there are fortunately plenty of other homes and lenders out there. We're going to continue educating ourselves, continue working and saving, and we're going to continue fighting for our slice of the pie. We're down but not out.
Old 07-29-2018, 11:59 AM   #8931
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Thanks, man. I genuinely appreciate the input. Not sure where we're gonna go from here but I was astounded by the lender's nonchalant attitude as well as their unwillingness to offer any other options. If I'm to be honest, the asking price was probably a little more than we could handle but as a lender that supposedly specialized in first-time home buyer assistance, it was ridiculous what they wanted us to put down.

We are looking at a couple other more affordable homes as well, but I absolutely don't envision any further correspondence with this particular lender. My concern now is whether or not our credit scores have been compromised due to the process of having a credit report pulled by the lender. Buddy of mine said that when he and his wife bought their home, that his credit score plummeted 30 points. Currently, I'm not sure if our lender even ran a report on us because we were simply applying for pre- qualification but if we did happen to take a big hit then looking at another home through a different lender may not even be doable.

We'll see what happens from here and I do plan on Monday to ask the lender about all this but it's certainly a shame to work so hard for so many years and still not be able to secure a home for ourselves. Again... Thank you for the support.
I don't want to but I will make your day a bit more bad for you. Here's my sincere suggestion.

1) In a capitalist world, the good people get ****ed from all sides. Banks are made for themselves not for you.

2)Trust yourself more than anyone else in this world. You are the only person who has the power to change your situation. Focus on what you want to achieve.

3) Working for someone is making them rich while you burn your energy for them in return for a fixed payment. That someone will have the finest home with ease.

4) Don't get civilized. Its a sweet poison that ruins your natural instincts.
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 12:40 PM   #8932
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, and I hope it gets better.

Credit Unions are definitely the way to go, My parents were in one because they never trusted banks, and when they needed help from a bank, got crapped on too. I've been in one for the last 27 years, never been turned down for a loan. Credit Unions are a member-owned financial cooperative, controlled by its members and operated on the principle of people helping people, providing its members credit at competitive rates.
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 01:52 PM   #8933
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings_of_fire View Post
I don't want to but I will make your day a bit more bad for you. Here's my sincere suggestion.

1) In a capitalist world, the good people get ****ed from all sides. Banks are made for themselves not for you.

2)Trust yourself more than anyone else in this world. You are the only person who has the power to change your situation. Focus on what you want to achieve.

3) Working for someone is making them rich while you burn your energy for them in return for a fixed payment. That someone will have the finest home with ease.

4) Don't get civilized. Its a sweet poison that ruins your natural instincts.

You're not telling me anything that I don't already know. You'll have to try harder than that lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Flea View Post
Sorry to hear of your misfortune, and I hope it gets better.

Credit Unions are definitely the way to go, My parents were in one because they never trusted banks, and when they needed help from a bank, got crapped on too. I've been in one for the last 27 years, never been turned down for a loan. Credit Unions are a member-owned financial cooperative, controlled by its members and operated on the principle of people helping people, providing its members credit at competitive rates.

My wife and I have considered looking into a credit union and are already planning to consult with one of them next week. We talked with our bank before going to the mortgage lender so we knew that they weren't going to be an option. With a home priced more within our budget and the right credit union, maybe the numbers will look a little more appealing. We'll see and we're going to continue trying. Thank you, brother!
Old 07-29-2018, 02:12 PM   #8934
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
You're not telling me anything that I don't already know. You'll have to try harder than that lol.
!
The earth is flat.
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 02:19 PM   #8935
Pebble Pounder

Quote:

My wife and I have considered looking into a credit union and are already planning to consult with one of them next week. We talked with our bank before going to the mortgage lender so we knew that they weren't going to be an option. With a home priced more within our budget and the right credit union, maybe the numbers will look a little more appealing. We'll see and we're going to continue trying. Thank you, brother!
With what happened in real estate 10 years ago, lenders are going to be really stiff if they think you are buying a home beyond your means. Also, DO NOT get sweet-talked into an ARM (adjustable rate mortgage). Those instruments were how a lot of people lost their homes during the crash.

When we bought our house, we got a mortgage through a credit union we had no history with. We got an FHA loan that only required 5% down. The downside is that we have to pay PMI (~$150/month). However we got a massive deal on our house, so we may be able to refinance to a conventional loan, as our LTV (loan to value) may be over 20%. That would eliminate the PMI.

When we went into the process, my wife had good credit, but mine was only "fair". The loan officer at the CU told me exactly what I needed to do to get my credit where it needed to be to meet FHA guidelines. FHA is pretty forgiving, as I think the credit floor is 620. We were able to get a mortgage with a fixed 4.5%. Since we have had the house, my credit score is creeping up to her's.

Any lender worth a crap wants to sell a mortgage. If they think you can afford it, they should be able to find a product that will fit you.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 03:07 PM   #8936
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyj View Post
With what happened in real estate 10 years ago, lenders are going to be really stiff if they think you are buying a home beyond your means. Also, DO NOT get sweet-talked into an ARM (adjustable rate mortgage). Those instruments were how a lot of people lost their homes during the crash.

When we bought our house, we got a mortgage through a credit union we had no history with. We got an FHA loan that only required 5% down. The downside is that we have to pay PMI (~$150/month). However we got a massive deal on our house, so we may be able to refinance to a conventional loan, as our LTV (loan to value) may be over 20%. That would eliminate the PMI.

When we went into the process, my wife had good credit, but mine was only "fair". The loan officer at the CU told me exactly what I needed to do to get my credit where it needed to be to meet FHA guidelines. FHA is pretty forgiving, as I think the credit floor is 620. We were able to get a mortgage with a fixed 4.5%. Since we have had the house, my credit score is creeping up to her's.

Any lender worth a crap wants to sell a mortgage. If they think you can afford it, they should be able to find a product that will fit you.
30 year fixed is definitely what we're after. At the time that we tried to get pre-appvd through the lender, my credit score was high and hers was above the floor. I'm not sure now if that has changed but we will check next week. Lender mentioned that for FHA we would be looking at 3%. I really think that this particular home was just out of our affordability and that the lender didn't want to work with us. Thanks, man.

Oh, and this thread needs some more cool pics...

Old 07-29-2018, 03:38 PM   #8937
I wanna be Dave

Something I forgot to ask, are you a veteran? if so, contact the VA, they have a Veterans First Home program.
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 03:47 PM   #8938
RCC Addict

Naw.. no help there.
Old 07-29-2018, 05:02 PM   #8939
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
30 year fixed is definitely what we're after. At the time that we tried to get pre-appvd through the lender, my credit score was high and hers was above the floor. I'm not sure now if that has changed but we will check next week. Lender mentioned that for FHA we would be looking at 3%. I really think that this particular home was just out of our affordability and that the lender didn't want to work with us. Thanks, man.

Oh, and this thread needs some more cool pics...

Another thing that can happen... The first time we went for a mortgage with FHA, we got pre-approved. Then, when we went to make an offer on a property, we found out FHA pulled our pre-approval. It turned out I had an old debt out there. Whomever owned that debt got wind that I had a mortgage pre-app (Hey! This guy has money!) and made the debt active, thus dropping my credit score enough to kill my loan.

We also learned that FHA is very picky about what they finance. The property can't have any major defects or code violations. The plus side of that is that we got a brand new, from the studs up, roof at the sellers expense.

Last edited by skinnyj; 07-29-2018 at 05:07 PM.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 06:56 PM   #8940
I wanna be Dave

https://interestingengineering.com/n...ution-stitches
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote