Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2018, 09:18 AM   #8882
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Cool Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyj View Post
The wife and I went to see this ship in Plymouth, MA on Friday:

Draken Harald Hårfagre

The spouse and I went to Boothbay Harbor to see her land last Friday, pretty impressive...even with the modern amenities!
skybolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 12:00 PM   #8883
Quarry Creeper

wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 12:02 PM   #8884
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
The British one is up for sale by the owner for something over 400k dollar.
Old 07-22-2018, 12:09 PM   #8885
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings_of_fire View Post
The British one...
Wut?
4wd4ws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 01:06 PM   #8886
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wd4ws View Post
Wut?
Old 07-22-2018, 07:03 PM   #8887
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Resurrected this old RC10 T2 thats been in dads attic for 2 decades. Only thing i bought was a reproduction body from canada that i painted up. Had enough gear laying around to get it going. Was a major suprise, its an absolute blast to drive. And battery must last 30 minutes because its so light. Tons of fun!

obviously this thing was pre lipo, (and pre brushless and pre 2.4ghz) came out in 1995.
so a lipo wouldnt fit. so i removed the origonal battery tray, and oddly used an even older battery tray from a RC10T that a lipo for some reason did fit. drill a couple new holes for and and walla!

body didnt have any stickers or window masks so i made the window masks and the side decals. also used an old blazer grill sticker from a proline body by narrowing it.

STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 10:31 PM   #8888
I wanna be Dave

Well done, sir!

Especially like the side graphics...

Man, I'm missing mine now!
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 11:10 PM   #8889
I wanna be Dave

Those’re nearly identical to the chassis’ of the 2 ECX Amps I got my kids.

File photo but theirs are the same. $130 maybe.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 06:48 AM   #8890
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Resurrected this old RC10 T2 thats been in dads attic for 2 decades. Only thing i bought was a reproduction body from canada that i painted up. Had enough gear laying around to get it going. Was a major suprise, its an absolute blast to drive. And battery must last 30 minutes because its so light. Tons of fun!

obviously this thing was pre lipo, (and pre brushless and pre 2.4ghz) came out in 1995.
so a lipo wouldnt fit. so i removed the origonal battery tray, and oddly used an even older battery tray from a RC10T that a lipo for some reason did fit. drill a couple new holes for and and walla!

body didnt have any stickers or window masks so i made the window masks and the side decals. also used an old blazer grill sticker from a proline body by narrowing it.

Aw man... You're really getting me jonesing to get my 10T going. Can it handle brushless or am I better off finding a brushed motor & ESC?
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 06:49 AM   #8891

Quote:

Great pic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake Weight View Post
Those’re nearly identical to the chassis’ of the 2 ECX Amps I got my kids.

File photo but theirs are the same. $130 maybe.
How do those Amps hold up? I've always loved the look of the Amp. It's kind of like a monster buggy and I've always kinda wanted one for myself.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 06:56 AM   #8892
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
How do those Amps hold up? I've always loved the look of the Amp. It's kind of like a monster buggy and I've always kinda wanted one for myself.

They have held up quite well to the abuse of a 13&8 year old. I started them out on some 35t RC4WD motors before putting the stock 12t back in. Once the 12t we’re back in they would overheat the junky ESCs. So I got some HW1060s and those have been doing good. NiMH sucks but I don’t let them at the lipo just yet. RPM makes some consumable parts. I run a servo eliminator on a Circuit I picked up cheap and it handles loads better than there’s. I put a cheap china 12t in it with a Traxxas XL5 and abuse it as often as it’s powered up.
Old 07-23-2018, 07:03 AM   #8893

Quote:
They have held up quite well to the abuse of a 13&8 year old. I started them out on some 35t RC4WD motors before putting the stock 12t back in. Once the 12t we’re back in they would overheat the junky ESCs. So I got some HW1060s and those have been doing good. NiMH sucks but I don’t let them at the lipo just yet. RPM makes some consumable parts. I run a servo eliminator on a Circuit I picked up cheap and it handles loads better than there’s. I put a cheap china 12t in it with a Traxxas XL5 and abuse it as often as it’s powered up.
Sweet! Good to hear. I didn't know RPM was making parts for them. That's awesome news. Do the Amp and Circuit have the same chassis? I wasn't sure if you meant the servo (saver?) eliminator alone made a big improvement in handling. They usually do.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 07:19 AM   #8894
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Well done, sir!

Especially like the side graphics...

Man, I'm missing mine now!

thanks! i created those completly by scratch. its not an exact replica of the logo, but its very close.

i used this google image to try to match logo, did the logo in reverse to give the body some color(ie black stripe, instead of all orange.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:23 AM   #8895
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Quote:
Aw man... You're really getting me jonesing to get my 10T going. Can it handle brushless or am I better off finding a brushed motor & ESC?

it did great with the brushless. just a 2s with a low end 2 pole 4000kv ez-run motor though. not a ton of power.

it did burn up the slipper disk, too loose i guess. got it so hot it got the spur gear to over 200 degrees, and melted the teeth right off it ending the day after 3 packs. (which was well over an hour of run time. nearly 1.5 hours) thing just ran forever!

also i have 2 RC10T slider chassis. if you need any parts just let me know! would love to see you get it back going. i cant tell you how much fun it was. WAY funner than my SCTE 3.0 SCT race truck for sure. we just couldnt stop smiling while driving it. i dont know what it was about that thing. so rewarding to drive.

Last edited by STANG KILLA SS; 07-23-2018 at 07:27 AM.
Old 07-23-2018, 07:44 AM   #8896
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Sweet! Good to hear. I didn't know RPM was making parts for them. That's awesome news. Do the Amp and Circuit have the same chassis? I wasn't sure if you meant the servo (saver?) eliminator alone made a big improvement in handling. They usually do.

The 2wd Circuit does/did. I believe it was discontinued. The arms are shorter which narrows it up more than the Amp. It also came with shorter tires, too.

The Amp kits aren’t necessarily a true kit because it includes everything the RTR comes with except a painted body. So it costs more in the end since you’ll need to buy paint.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:11 AM   #8897
Rock Crawler

Quote:
The wife and I went to see this ship in Plymouth, MA on Friday:

Draken Harald Hårfagre

Sadly even when we come today, we will still get our asses handed to us, this times not by the natives.

The trees ordered by the king when the British last took our fleet, are ready for harvest i am told, we should build a lot of these instead of the later type battleships the British stole ( when we was sided with that little French guy )
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 08:47 AM   #8898
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
it did great with the brushless. just a 2s with a low end 2 pole 4000kv ez-run motor though. not a ton of power.

it did burn up the slipper disk, too loose i guess. got it so hot it got the spur gear to over 200 degrees, and melted the teeth right off it ending the day after 3 packs. (which was well over an hour of run time. nearly 1.5 hours) thing just ran forever!

also i have 2 RC10T slider chassis. if you need any parts just let me know! would love to see you get it back going. i cant tell you how much fun it was. WAY funner than my SCTE 3.0 SCT race truck for sure. we just couldnt stop smiling while driving it. i dont know what it was about that thing. so rewarding to drive.
I believe I have an old Novak 410-MXc in there that still works and can handle mild lipos and brushed combos, so I might just look for a decent brushed motor and a new servo.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 06:54 PM   #8899
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I bought one of the Amp kits, Frame Extension kit from Amain, put steel gears in it, 15t motor, and the first thing I replaced was the ESC. When the stock ESC heats up, the truck has a mind of its own. Took off on its own , had no control. I put a separate RX and ESC in and it's balls to the wall now.

ECX Amp Kit - RCShortCourse
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 11:05 PM   #8900
I wanna be Dave

I wasn't sure where to post this, as the vehicles aren't out on the trail...

So, guess it's up to the audience as to whether it's cool or not - my crawler display setup - and while editing I realized I was creating a picture within a picture...(within a picture):
Attached Images

durok is offline   Reply With Quote