Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: So out in California

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2010, 06:44 PM   #41
RCC Addict

We had maybe 5 channels growing up, still to this day my folks refuse to pay for TV.
DonsATV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2010, 08:43 PM   #42
RCC Addict

I remember getting cable when we moved to our new house when I was 5. I think it had less than 30 channels though. This was around 82-83.

We had an Atari that my brothers never let me play. I had 6 acres at home surrounded by woods, didn't need a TV. I remember when I was sick in my room my parents would put a little 13" B&W TV in my room that had the turn knobs for UHF and VHF.

I have a 46" now in my living room that sits about 12' from where we sit and it is perfect. I really wouldn't want anything bigger. With the surround sound it immerses in the movies just fine.

Like JIA I refuse to support the theaters. 12 bucks a person, then 6 bucks for a drink and 10 bucks for a bucket of popcorn that cost say .10 to make. Not too mention the idiot kids behind the register who don't actually even speak to you, they just mumble and stare with a dull look on their faces.

I worked at a theater in high school and we had to be on our toes with customer service. All smiles and "how are you today, thank you, enjoy our movie, ya'll come back now ya hear" and all that. We wore vests and bow ties, and your shirt had better be bright white and wrinkle free. I had long hair but it had to be pulled back and clean shaven. It was a great job though, free drinks, nachos, popcorn, and movies (just can't use the actual drink/popcorn containers because the where all inventoried weekly. You would work your butt off for 30 minutes then chill and do nothing for an hour while the movies where going, rinse and repeat.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:55 PM   #43
Colt Python/SR9c

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIA's Dad View Post
SO I have to ask,

HOW MANY OF YOU GUYS WHO HAVE TO HAVE THE BIG SCREEN TV's. Carry the little cell phones (DROIDS AND SUCH) and watch TV on them.
Not me.. To me a phone is just that, a damn phone..I turned all my internet crap off my phone
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote