Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: 11y/o suspended for anti-obama shirt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2010, 10:24 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default 11y/o suspended for anti-obama shirt

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/09/23...i-obama-shirt/

there are alot of articles to be found so just google the title for more options
robbio4422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2010, 10:50 PM   #2
Suck it up!

Gotta love it when parents use their kids as unwitting billboards.

I'm not saying I agree with the shirt or the schools reaction, but I'm guessing the kid didn't come up with the shirt and the message all by himself.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 11:13 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I'm a Senior in high school, and I have a couple shirts with alcohol products on them, only teacher to ever care is my Spanish teacher, but when a kid (He is Mexican) I know goes to Spanish class he was wearing a shirt with a guy smoking pot she didn't say a thing.

I can speak my opinion on political things but if I were to wear a shirt like that I would be in trouble quick at school. but the kids that wear the Obama= change shirts nothing is said. the positives are ok the Negatives are not.
Rc_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 11:19 PM   #4
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc_Kid View Post
I can speak my opinion on political things but if I were to wear a shirt like that I would be in trouble quick at school. but the kids that wear the Obama= change shirts nothing is said. the positives are ok the Negatives are not.
The big difference here is, you're old enough to (hopefully) form an educated and independent political opinion, the 11 yo in question is not. All he knows is what his "controversial" conservative father says.

Grade school is not a place for politics anyway.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:07 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
The big difference here is, you're old enough to (hopefully) form an educated and independent political opinion, the 11 yo in question is not. All he knows is what his "controversial" conservative father says.

Grade school is not a place for politics anyway.

I agree.

I know I based my opinions on things I learned from my parents, but I also did some research, as sometimes I was interested to learn more on some subjects.

but it does seem this kid is taking after his father.

But on another note,I don't agree with suspending the kid right off the bat, I think there should have been a letter sent home asking for the kid not to wear the shirt.
Rc_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:33 AM   #6
Tossin' Salad

Perhaps the kid's father or mother frequents the Pirate4x4 chit chat.

Casey
KC_JoNeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:00 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

For anyone who's intrested here is a list (from the schools website, public domain) of all the teachers and staff e-mail addresses

jlpapper@aps.k12.co.us; eacederberg@aps.k12.co.us; cmpost@aps.k12.co.us; cljusta@aps.k12.co.us; clcarton@aps.k12.co.us; naguenther@aps.k12.co.us; lptrudgian@aps.k12.co.us; csclark@aps.k12.co.us; jkbaker@aps.k12.co.us; mehayes@aps.k12.co.us; secowan@aps.k12.co.us; cmbrence@aps.k12.co.us; clrobbins@aps.k12.co.us; wwwhite@aps.k12.co.us; phbelegratis@aps.k12.co.us; jcthomas@aps.k12.co.us; kfgraff@aps.k12.co.us; rlconk-wonder@aps.k12.co.us; wswaterman@aps.k12.co.us; mddorsey@aps.k12.co.us; rlcanipe@aps.k12.co.us; kmflynn@aps.k12.co.us; meaker@aps.k12.co.us; sjbudaj@aps.k12.co.us; aaanderson@aps.k12.co.us; rdbuckley@aps.k12.co.us; jnwilson@aps.k12.co.us; wswaterman@aps.k12.co.us; amhanson@aps.k12.co.us; bltaylor@aps.k12.co.us; jmzuccarelli@aps.k12.co.us; khatton@aps.k12.co.us; cmrossi@aps.k12.co.us; cjotto@aps.k12.co.us; slmabrey@aps.k12.co.us; jaebbe-handy@aps.k12.co.us; tjmccauley@aps.k12.co.us; drtorres@aps.k12.co.us; repolton@aps.k12.co.us; ccwells@aps.k12.co.us; kjdainko@aps.k12.co.us; csrook@aps.k12.co.us; iruiz@aps.k12.co.us; japarra@aps.k12.co.us; erangel@aps.k12.co.us; ftan@aps.k12.co.us; smsanchez@aps.k12.co.us; atan@aps.k12.co.us; ksthompson@aps.k12.co.us; lmbourke@aps.k12.co.us; kskeller@aps.k12.co.us; rdbuckley@aps.k12.co.us; wwwhite@aps.k12.co.us; mkduran@aps.k12.co.us; sjsieveke-pearson@aps.k12.co.us

I suggest that everyone e-mail them and let them know that Free speech is what made this country great.
thumper68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:36 AM   #8
dkf
Rock Crawler

“It’s the public school system,” Dalton says. “Let’s be honest, it’s full of liberal loons.”

^^^ I think this is somewhat of an explanation for the overreaction and suspension. Goes right up into the college level. Most of the teachers more than likely voted for Barry.

If that T shirt said GW Bush instead of Obama, would the outcome be the same?

When I was in school if you wore a shirt that was deemed "inappropriate" you were told to go to bathroom and turn your shirt inside out. Returned to class and went on with your day.

Last edited by dkf; 09-13-2010 at 07:22 AM.
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:45 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

hey when i was in 6th grade i wore a shirt that i bought at hot topic that i thought was funny. i wore it to school 6th and 7th grade until i finally grew out of it. never got in trouble.

7th and 8th grade i was all about heavy metal. so id wear shirts like this to school...

i was always being stopped and asked, "hey boy, whatcha' got goin' on there?"
Bryan732 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:07 AM   #10
RCC Addict

You all do realize that post by Malkin is 2 years old right?

Besides, we can all now feel what a loser Obama is so pointing it out is kind of redundant.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:21 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Political crap in school...

No wonder other countries who use uniforms have easily surpassed us in literacy in english when it's their second language. While in school kids should focus on 1 thing; learning nothing else.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:59 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
Political crap in school...

No wonder other countries who use uniforms have easily surpassed us in literacy in english when it's their second language. While in school kids should focus on 1 thing; learning nothing else.
In our area, many public school students wear uniforms....a good idea, IMO.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:07 PM   #13
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
In our area, many public school students wear uniforms....a good idea, IMO.
But....what about the childrens free expression of their individuality? Uniforms stunt personal growth! Welcome to the fascist regime!
Old 09-13-2010, 12:17 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
But....what about the childrens free expression of their individuality? Uniforms stunt personal growth! Welcome to the fascist regime!
The above link shows how well that turns out...
Old 09-13-2010, 12:27 PM   #15
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
The above link shows how well that turns out...
I know....my comment was slathered in sarcasm.

Maybe if they got to wear some pieces of flair on their school uniforms...
Old 09-13-2010, 12:30 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I know....my comment was slathered in sarcasm.

Maybe if they got to wear some pieces of flair on their school uniforms...
Yeah....I knew it was.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:23 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

If you want uniforms put your kids in a private school. Public school is good for kids, it gets them used to dealing with people (kids at the time for them) good and bad. Let people dress how they want, who the hell cares, it has nothing to do with learning in a class room. Its just a part of the social aspect that kids need to learn instead of being over structured and controlled. Uniforms will do no good other than steal what little identity kids are able to have. There is a whole lot more to grade school than grades.
4xFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:27 AM   #18
RCC Addict

Default Wow!

That shirt was a little over the top. I wonder if his parents have refuse any of Obama's tax breaks or other extras to the average American.
fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 03:07 PM   #19
dkf
Rock Crawler

Where are these tax breaks you speak of. Everything is going up for me.
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 03:20 PM   #20
dnf

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xFord View Post
If you want uniforms put your kids in a private school. Public school is good for kids, it gets them used to dealing with people (kids at the time for them) good and bad. Let people dress how they want, who the hell cares, it has nothing to do with learning in a class room. Its just a part of the social aspect that kids need to learn instead of being over structured and controlled. Uniforms will do no good other than steal what little identity kids are able to have. There is a whole lot more to grade school than grades.

I must agree with shelby here.
If you are going to private school,well thats one thing.
But public schools are another story,the goverment has no right telling my son what to wear,lenght of hair,ect.And as far as I'm concrened every ISD is nothing but an extension of the goverment.
making me pay taxes by way of extorsion,yep,thats the goverment.
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote