Old 11-24-2010, 11:02 PM   #21
RCC Addict

The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2010, 11:06 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator1 View Post
Thats okay to say by the way. The president should make that one of his objectives to reissue the word nigger for something else...Its a perfectly good word I would hate to see it go to waste being used as a negative description for the black community.

Point is there is always going to be words that offend people, they are only that words.

Hitler re-puprosed the Iron cross, and since then it has been used literally EVERYWHERE!

Hitler re-puposed the swastica as well. That has yet to be brought back...but is still used in Indian cultures I believe.

The only reason nigger is offending people, is cause they still connect it with black people. It seems as though blacks have gotten past it. They have been calling themselves it for YEARS now. It's almost comical to see people getting up in arms about it.

Last edited by ScaleReady; 11-24-2010 at 11:08 PM.
ScaleReady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:11 PM   #23
Pebble Pounder

It seems most people have gotten over it. Even if 49 out of 50 people dont see anything wrong with it its that 50th person that sticks out and makes it a bigger deal than it is.

Last edited by dominator1; 11-24-2010 at 11:14 PM.
dominator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:16 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Quote:
It seems most people have gotten over it. Even if 49 out of 50 people dont see anything wrong with it its that 50th person that sticks out and makes it a bigger deal than it is.

Yep, and heaven forbid one person is unhappy. This is the land of happiness for all!!

America!!!!.......Just whine, and we'll make it happen
ScaleReady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:43 PM   #25

I said my piece in the orignal post and im not going to bring it up again, but in the context it was used, I didnt think it was harmful. more people have been beaten senseless for being gay lately than for being black but there sure is a lot of homophobe talk on this and other forums. havent herd much complaning about that
Broken40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:01 AM   #26

Can someone verify this, isn't the word in the dictionary and defined as a lazy person. if that is the def, it is a way to describe a lazy way to fix something is it not? I don't think the majority of people find this offensive in the proper context. AND.....we have a black guy that is cool with it, now I ain't sayin we should just throw it around and call him one, but it was obviously taken out of context. Get your panties out of your vag and crack and get over it.
Cookie Monster Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:15 AM   #27
Tossin' Salad

The opening statement made by the OP was not meant in the context toward anyone. But, the word itself is Taboo....and you guys know it. I am a west coaster, so I am sure that has something to do with it, but I was raised to KNOW that the word should never come out of my mouth. Many of you know exactly what I am saying.

Now, in reference to this context:

Quote:

They call themselves niggas..... We have one for president...... get over it. It seems a like big double standard and none of them have ever been anyones "nigger" nor has anyone since 1863! How long do we need to watch what we say? seems no one can joke about anything anymore with out someones pannies getting in a wad and most that do arent even from the demographic that they think it is aimed at.
This went against the original OP statement, and was, IMO, beyond the acceptable line. This is why my "panties got in a wad."

Casey
KC_JoNeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:16 AM   #28
Pebble Pounder

I'm not saying one forums policies should dictate anothers but if the largest 4x4 forum on the internet BANS people for using it in nearly all contexts why would it be acceptable here?

It's a sensitive word and seems to have a lot of hypocrisy surrounding it but there are alternatives to use when in mixed company. No pun intended.
DunkinMcNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:36 AM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Its just like every other "bad word". It don't mean anything, anymore.
TLTCrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:52 AM   #30

OK so I say Jerry Rigged, should all guys named Jerry get all freaked and mad? I cracker rig too. Also cobble, so guys who lay cobble stone streets would have been all mad? So I now Know that some words are off limits.
I guess if this made the moderators upset or uneasy they would have removed it. Maybe like Craigslist there should be a flagging button, to send it to the mod to look at. I know it was reported but there are some other things posted on here that may offened peoples. I do not care to give examples but there have been some pics that have been questionable and there are underage kids on here that may see them, not that they haven't seen worse but come on. Can we get this upset and pasionate about crap that is happening in this contry that actually matters and will affect us and ruin us.
Cookie Monster Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 01:02 AM   #31
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILLBILLY View Post
I am black and I have no problem with it. I find it humerous that even those that aren't even black get offended for us. It's not like it was used in a slanderous way. It is your own fault if you relate the word "nigger" to black folk. That alone says you have a little bit of racisst in you. The person who wrote that wasn't even referring to a black person at all, soo......whats the big deal?
very well said.
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 01:04 AM   #32
Pebble Pounder

In the context it was used it meant exactly what they were getting at...rigged up like some two bit jack-ass made it work. Same would go around my parts by saying you "Red-Necked" it. Now I believe if you are the ignorant representative of your race (white, black, hispanic, asian, native american, indian...so on and so forth) you deserve the ignorant "title" your people carry. If you're a white guy that spends more on his car, TV, and surround sound than his responsibilities (ie: family, bills, children, home) than you deserve the title cracker, white trash, trailer trash. And the rest applies to everyone else...I see tons of Hispanic people in my area that are deserving of every name I can think of because instead of doing something to better themselves and their family they are milking the system, or throwing rims and clear tail lights on a dodge intrepid instead of getting out of a shit neighborhood because they get some help for living there. But there are also a few that are doing right by their family...working their ass off to provide, and that deserves, as well as earns my respect.

Political correctness has gone WAY to far. I believe that every man woman and child that lives in this great country of ours should have a chance at a wonderful life. But you shouldn't get that benefit if you aren't contributing to the cause. Just because I'm white doesn't mean I should get a job over someone else with darker skin, or an accent, if they can do the job better than I can...than I would think the choice is pretty clear. But no other person should be able to get a job, or assistance, or money, or health coverage, just because of the color of their skin either. EQUAL opportunity...not we need to hire a minority to do this job so we meet the standards.
jaydubya2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 01:40 AM   #33
Who's your Daddy-0!

The right to speak without censorship or restraint by the government. Freedom of speech is protected by the First Amendment to the Constitution.

I'm all for you being able to say what ever you want to say! Just be careful who you say it in front of People are hypocrites when it comes to racial slurs anyways. Does anyone get upset when we call anyone from Iraq a mop head? Nope. I've had this talk with MANY people in the tattoo chair!

"African American" people.... I've met a handful of them! To be "African American" you would need to be from Africa and moved to America! Your American! I used to say "Black" people. Then I was told that was wrong! That they were not black. Then I said "Colored" people. Yep, that was wrong also. What about "Boy", nope! Can't do that either! The "N" word? Well if your white you can put a "A" at the end of it a maybe be ok! Put a "er" at the end of it and watch out! "Porch Monkey" is another no-no now to!

My point? What is ok to say now? When it comes to humans that have brown pigment in there skin there is no safe "name" really. But if everyone has to be so censored with that race then why is it ok to call a white person a "Cracker, Whitey, Honkey, Redneck, White Trash, HillBilly, etc....?

I don't like any name calling with race involved. I am friends with every race known I think! What do I call a guy with brown pigments? I ask him his name...then call him/her by there name!

I do believe in freedom of speech! Say what you want when you want to people! But just because you can doesn't mean you should....
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 02:00 AM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooKenny View Post
The right to speak without censorship or restraint by the government. Freedom of speech is protected by the First Amendment to the Constitution.

I'm all for you being able to say what ever you want to say! Just be careful who you say it in front of People are hypocrites when it comes to racial slurs anyways. Does anyone get upset when we call anyone from Iraq a mop head? Nope. I've had this talk with MANY people in the tattoo chair!

"African American" people.... I've met a handful of them! To be "African American" you would need to be from Africa and moved to America! Your American! I used to say "Black" people. Then I was told that was wrong! That they were not black. Then I said "Colored" people. Yep, that was wrong also. What about "Boy", nope! Can't do that either! The "N" word? Well if your white you can put a "A" at the end of it a maybe be ok! Put a "er" at the end of it and watch out! "Porch Monkey" is another no-no now to!

My point? What is ok to say now? When it comes to humans that have brown pigment in there skin there is no safe "name" really. But if everyone has to be so censored with that race then why is it ok to call a white person a "Cracker, Whitey, Honkey, Redneck, White Trash, HillBilly, etc....?

I don't like any name calling with race involved. I am friends with every race known I think! What do I call a guy with brown pigments? I ask him his name...then call him/her by there name!

I do believe in freedom of speech! Say what you want when you want to people! But just because you can doesn't mean you should....
Good post! Its not what you say, its who you say it to.
TLTCrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 04:19 AM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
whats with people taking everything they read on the internet so personal? I noticed a thread today someone used the god awful "N" word to describe a poorly engineered mount on a drill press and people got all butt hurt like you killed their dog or something. Really?? Whats so offensive about calling the drill press base niggered? Would people have found it equally as offensive if said he jew'd the guy out of it? probably not. I am curious to see how others feel about this on this board. It seems these uppity liberal hippies get more upset than the people they are saying it is offensive to.

Not trying to start shit just curious why people cant have a sense of humor about it.
WOW! I thought the 'N' word you spoke of was 'Nitro!'
WolverineX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 05:39 AM   #36
Old guy

Heres a word to call everyone, Dumb Fwcks. This will fit on anybody, no matter what color.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 05:57 AM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post
Heres a word to call everyone, Dumb Fwcks. This will fit on anybody, no matter what color.
I fit the bill! People certainly are easily offended these days. We ended up changing our local club name because if offended some here on the forum.

We were only making fun of ourselves, but in the eyes of others it was not seen as such. I did not want to create any static so I talked to the other club members and we agreed to change it to W.S.U.C. wrong side up crawlers.

Sometimes I wish I was more of an asshole and pushed the issue. I had put a lot of time and effort into the old club logo, website, and getting the core group of guys together.

I was raised the same as Casey, the "N" word is taboo, I still find myself using it now that I am out of the grasps of my parental units, but never directed at a person... Usually comes out "Well I N rigged this" Is it right? No, do I care? No. am I a racist asshole for saying it? probably in the eyes of some.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Americans, for those with a whiny side, take a minute and wash some of the sand out of the vag... I just gave mine a fresh cleaning
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 06:40 AM   #38
Rock Crawler

WOW, lately these threads are drawing so much emotion they are hard to read!

Here's how I look at it. I have used the "N" word (which according to some, saying "the N word" is just as bad as saying the "N" word) to describe a rigged assembly of parts, close friends, and yes, as a derogatory towards a black person who I feel deserves it.

I also have used retard, homo, fag, queer, redneck , white trash, wetback, whore, a$$hole, bastard, motherf***er, d*ckhead, p*ussy, wuss, idiot, ignorant POS.... I can go on but I think you see my point. I'm not saying I go around calling everyone names, but when I see someone acting like an idiot I will call them one of the above mentioned names (whichever one fits or just feels right). Is using nigger any different from these other words???

We all use terms to describe someone else. If it offends you then you obviously have been called one of these names at some point in your life. We have the right to speak our minds about anything we want as long as we dont offend anyone? BULLSHIT!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Remember to be THANKFUL for having the right to free speech.
chops1sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 08:23 AM   #39
RCC Addict

my black friends call me nigga, and I call them nigga's, it all really depends on who you know, if you don't know a certain person, you don't walk up and say what up nigga or atta lay vato(mexican?) but if you got freinds that do that with you and most likely they are fine( some like to give crap), mainly you just got to have sense on where you say it cuz there is alot of people who get butt heart and take it wrong
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 08:35 AM   #40
0 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Monster Joe View Post
Can someone verify this, isn't the word in the dictionary and defined as a lazy person. if that is the def, it is a way to describe a lazy way to fix something is it not? I don't think the majority of people find this offensive in the proper context. AND.....we have a black guy that is cool with it, now I ain't sayin we should just throw it around and call him one, but it was obviously taken out of context. Get your panties out of your vag and crack and get over it.

"Nigger is a noun in the English language, most notable for its usage in a pejorative context to refer to black people (generally people of Sub-Saharan African descent), and also as an informal slang term, among other contexts. It is a common ethnic slur. The word originated as a term used in a neutral context to refer to black people, as a variation of the Spanish/Portuguese noun negro, a descendant of the Latin adjective niger, meaning the color "black"."

So basically you are just calling a black person black.
romulus22 is offline   Reply With Quote