Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: sensitive people

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2010, 11:04 AM   #61
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator1 View Post
whats with people taking everything they read on the internet so personal? I noticed a thread today someone used the god awful "N" word to describe a poorly engineered mount on a drill press and people got all butt hurt like you killed their dog or something. Really?? Whats so offensive about calling the drill press base niggered? Would people have found it equally as offensive if said he jew'd the guy out of it? probably not. I am curious to see how others feel about this on this board. It seems these uppity liberal hippies get more upset than the people they are saying it is offensive to.

Not trying to start shit just curious why people cant have a sense of humor about it.
It's the "pussification" of america...plain and simple. lol
BrentH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2010, 11:24 AM   #62
Quarry Creeper

All I am going to say is I don't care what any one says or what any document states. There is no such thing as freedom of speech with out penalty in the States any more. Tell a Cop to go eat another fk'n doughnut and you go to jail for verbal assault on a city official. Walk in a library and ask where the pisser is you get all kinds of looks and im my case get through out. Tell your neighbor "if you don't like it go fk your self what happens back to jail for assault.

I have one thing left to say, and one thing only. If you cant take a ****ing joke, or get offended by the smallest lil shit then go **** your self!

An to you azzes that take offence to the confederate flag on my truck. SCREW YOU! its heritage not hate ok
bent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 02:13 PM   #63
dkf
Rock Crawler

I'm a cracker.
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 02:23 PM   #64
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bent View Post
Walk in a library and ask where the pisser is you get all kinds of looks and im my case get through out.
That seems appropiate to me.
MattH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 02:52 PM   #65
Quarry Creeper

All this crap about how things have changed is absolute rubbish IMO.

Go back 50 years and look at a typical family, if the son didn't show enough respect to call his Dad Sir he'd get a clip round the ear.

Of course people can take offence at certain words, if they didn't what point would there in any language, we may as well just grunt at each other.

As i said earlier it's not exactly difficult not to use a certain word or a certain phrase if it's likely to offend someone is it?
And we ALL have certain words that do offend us.

There is not one person on earth that NEVER has to self censor what they say at times, be it nt saying whats really on your mind as your Mrs say
"does my ass doesn't look big in these jeans?
Or to your kid "great job" as they show you a drawing of something you have no idea what is.

It's all the same, we still have to pick and choose our words and sentences carefully to say what we want in life and to put out the impression and signals as to the type of people we are.

Would i walk up to a black mate and say "wad up my nigga?"
Chances are i have done.

Would i walk up to a total stranger and say it?
Nope

Would i say it to a total stranger on a forum?
Nope, all because it's the t'net it doesn't change how i treat people.
cbr6fs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 03:03 PM   #66
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr6fs View Post

Would i walk up to a black mate and say "wad up my nigga?"
Chances are i have done.

Would i walk up to a total stranger and say it?
Nope

Would i say it to a total stranger on a forum?
Nope, all because it's the t'net it doesn't change how i treat people.

IT WAS NOT DIRECTED AT ANYONE!!!!
DO YOU GET IT?!?!?

Nobody is calling anyone a nigger!!!!!!!!!
Simply, someone said a poor quality mount was "niggered". Nothing more. It has since been taken way out of context and the overly sensitive ones took offense to it. They twisted his words to make him out as a racist.
ScaleReady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 03:14 PM   #67
0 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr6fs View Post
Go back 50 years and look at a typical family, if the son didn't show enough respect to call his Dad Sir he'd get a clip round the ear.
Back then you could discipline your child. I see a lot of brat children that would straighten right up if they got a spanking once in a while. I know I didn't mouth off in my family. My dad would have smacked the shit out of me. Nowadays if you grab a kids arm too hard it's child abuse.
romulus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 04:34 PM   #68
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILLBILLY View Post
DO YOU GET IT?!?!?

Nobody is calling anyone a nigger!!!!!!!!!
Simply, someone said a poor quality mount was "niggered". Nothing more. It has since been taken way out of context and the overly sensitive ones took offense to it. They twisted his words to make him out as a racist.
Chill out dude, it's the internet

Seriously though i wasn't aiming at any one person or any particular incident, just talking in general.
As i say as a Brit we don't really have the same outlook on racism and what might offend a black American person is not likely to offend a black English person.

If you called a black English person a nigger they'd probably laugh at your Americanisms rather than get upset.

It's hardly rocket science though to work out that using the phrase "niggered" is going to upset some folks is it.

If you went into your local Sunday school gathering and declared "it's fooooooooked" you'd have to be rainman #2 not to realise your choice of words will upset some of the gathering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romulus22 View Post
Back then you could discipline your child. I see a lot of brat children that would straighten right up if they got a spanking once in a while. I know I didn't mouth off in my family. My dad would have smacked the shit out of me. Nowadays if you grab a kids arm too hard it's child abuse.
One mans discipline is another abuse.
But i agree my Dad used to take the belt to me if i didn't tow the line.
As a teenager this caused me to rebel, as i get older though i look back and think it's unbelievable how good a job he did and more importantly how restrained he was.

There is just not enough respect in the world, even for those that have well earned it.

I used to believe it'd come in cycles.
The 70's hippy parents generally used to have a LOT more discipline from their parents when growing up, so they generally swayed more towards leniency in disciplining their kids.
My theory was my generation would go against their parents leniency and bring their kids up a little stricter.
Seems that everything has just gone to fooooooook though.

So many of the current crop of teenagers are turning out as winging, hypochondriac pussies.

Makes me a happy bloke to sit here and see how many teenagers we have on here that are doing something constructive with their lives and learning skills and patience in this hobby that will be good life experiences.
Good on ya lads and lasses
cbr6fs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 05:05 PM   #69
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by romulus22

I fully agree with this! Does anybody remember the salt sedar switch????My grand father was so up on respect that once got smacked for saying peas when my grand mother asked me what we wanted peas or spinich.
Old 11-27-2010, 06:21 PM   #70
Quarry Creeper

I was chased around the house many times with a 1/4" thick belt....lol

Shit just doesnt happen much anymore. And itll only get worse....
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 06:28 PM   #71
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
All I am going to say is I don't care what any one says or what any document states. There is no such thing as freedom of speech with out penalty in the States any more. Tell a Cop to go eat another fk'n doughnut and you go to jail for verbal assault on a city official.(SHOW ME THAT LAW!) Walk in a library and ask where the pisser is you get all kinds of looks and im my case get through out. Tell your neighbor "if you don't like it go fk your self what happens back to jail for assault.(AND THAT WON'T HAPPEN EITHER!)

I have one thing left to say, and one thing only. If you cant take a ****ing joke, or get offended by the smallest lil shit then go **** your self!

An to you azzes that take offence to the confederate flag on my truck. SCREW YOU! its heritage not hate ok
The flag...(It's both actually! But there were a lot of African Americans that fought in the Civil War)
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 08:23 PM   #72
Suck it up!

Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 12:28 AM   #73
Quarry Creeper

TattooKenny it has happened they find all different kinds of reasons to haul your ass in when you say something along them lines. (disturbing the peace, public intox, ect ect ect) I never spent more than 2 days in jail over them instances but its still bull shmidt.

As far as telling the neighbor to go fk your self, you obviously don't know how much of a ***** some people can be.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:10 AM   #74
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
TattooKenny it has happened they find all different kinds of reasons to haul your ass in when you say something along them lines. (disturbing the peace, public intox, ect ect ect) I never spent more than 2 days in jail over them instances but its still bull shmidt.

As far as telling the neighbor to go fk your self, you obviously don't know how much of a ***** some people can be.
I know exactly how people can be. I'm a asshole! I lived with cops for almost 10 years. Most of the time they will take you to jail for Disorderly Conduct if they have no other reason. My point is there is no law against cursing. And a neighbor can call the cops and tell them I said fawk off, eat chit and die! First the cop would have to hear me doing that. Then maybe I would get DOC or disturbing the peace. But there is no law that says I can't cuss.
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:51 AM   #75
Quarry Creeper

No there isnt but some of the assholes around here seem to think there is. I never said there was either. I mean hell as we speak the Dallas police is breaking the law and getting away with it.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:57 PM   #76
Quarry Creeper

Frank/Obituary writer: Here's another one here, Native San Franciscan, plumber, Elliot, Ralph. Moved to Dallas, disappeared four months ago. Body was found in a sewer.
Newspaper reporter: Well, guy takes his job too seriously, life goes down the drain. Haha.
Charlie Mackenzie: Did they mention anything about his wife?
Newspaper reporter: Alright, okay. Look, I know that we're talking about real people so I'm sorry.
Charlie Mackenzie: No, no. I'm serious, did they mention the wife?
Newspaper reporter: No, look, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make a joke about other people's lives.
Charlie Mackenzie: No, no. I'm really serious. Did they mention the wife? I just want to know about the wife.
Newspaper reporter: Hey, hey! You win, you win, okay? I'm a bad person!
Frank/Obituary writer: Hey, c'mon take it easy, will ya?
Newspaper reporter: No, he's saying I'm a bad person and that I'm insensitive. He's saying I'm a shit.
Frank/Obituary writer: He's not saying you're a shit!
Charlie Mackenzie: Did they-did they mention the wife?!
Newspaper reporter: No! No! They didn't mention the wife! Ya happy?! Yeah! Oh hoo, yes, yes. I'm insensitive! I'm a very insensitive man! Stop your job, look at the insensitive man! That's what they're paying you for!
entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 09:00 PM   #77
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooKenny View Post
...My point is there is no law against cursing...
Until just a few years ago, there actually was...
Mad Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:31 PM   #78
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Scientist View Post
Until just a few years ago, there actually was...

Well, ****ing god damn son of a bitch! That shit right there, ****in blows monkey balls.
ScaleReady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:20 PM   #79
Quarry Creeper

"Hey. If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here...with a big ribbon on his head! And I want to look him straight in the eye, and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit he is! Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?"
entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:24 PM   #80
Adilynsdad too!

Cock and balls
braceysdad is offline   Reply With Quote