Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: traxxas new release ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2011, 06:21 PM   #121
Quarry Creeper

i see someone lifting it a bit and changing the tires, then turning it into the best rally car ever made.....
scorpion ax-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2011, 06:24 PM   #122
Quarry Creeper

I think that it's fantastic a company in this day and age has the balls to try and come up with something new and different.

Maybe it's not going to be a massive seller, who knows?
But then Ford sold very few GT's.
You have to have a range topper and a car that brings people into looking at RC stuff.

If it hits the stores at $600 then there are enough Traxxas fanbois out there willing to plump that sort of cash into one.
Once other folks start seeing these run, then anyone who was not into RC before is going to be after one.
So i think it might be surprising.

When the Baja was released the amount of folks that were calling it, saying it's pointless, too expensive etc.
Yet it's now carved out a decent niche for itself.

The other thing is, Traxxas has only been using a few chassis's over the years, they just add a few parts, reconfigure and bring something else out from the parts bin.

I'll guarantee that this will just be the first incarnation, if this doesn't get remade into a 1/7th or 1/5th off-road car within a year i'll eat my XR10

Can't imagine i'd end up buying one of these, but still i think they need encouraging for bring new ideas and new designs into our hobby

What with Axial brining out a non crawler, HPI a 4x4 SCT/DB, Losi the 1/5th scale SCT 5ive-T and now this, it's fantastic that companies have the balls to think outside the box and try to be inventive in these tough times.

for Traxxas
for Axial
for HPI
for Losi

Cheers
Mark
cbr6fs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:33 PM   #123
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr6fs View Post
I think that it's fantastic a company in this day and age has the balls to try and come up with something new and different.

Maybe it's not going to be a massive seller, who knows?
But then Ford sold very few GT's.
You have to have a range topper and a car that brings people into looking at RC stuff.

If it hits the stores at $600 then there are enough Traxxas fanbois out there willing to plump that sort of cash into one.
Once other folks start seeing these run, then anyone who was not into RC before is going to be after one.
So i think it might be surprising.

When the Baja was released the amount of folks that were calling it, saying it's pointless, too expensive etc.
Yet it's now carved out a decent niche for itself.

The other thing is, Traxxas has only been using a few chassis's over the years, they just add a few parts, reconfigure and bring something else out from the parts bin.

I'll guarantee that this will just be the first incarnation, if this doesn't get remade into a 1/7th or 1/5th off-road car within a year i'll eat my XR10

Can't imagine i'd end up buying one of these, but still i think they need encouraging for bring new ideas and new designs into our hobby

What with Axial brining out a non crawler, HPI a 4x4 SCT/DB, Losi the 1/5th scale SCT 5ive-T and now this, it's fantastic that companies have the balls to think outside the box and try to be inventive in these tough times.

for Traxxas
for Axial
for HPI
for Losi

Cheers
Mark
And a for you!
Old 11-30-2011, 06:41 PM   #124
Quarry Creeper

I agree totally with above post. I also know that RC in general would be no where as big today if not for traxxas. Do I own a traxxas? Not now. Have I? Hell yeah and the tmaxx I bought got me back into RC after a long boring wait. People here are bitching about the price....really? A loaded scaler or comp worthy xr10 fetches well more that that, and this is just the mfg suggested price right? I just do not see why everyone is hating on a new release. I would probably never own one or see one in person for that matter because I am surrounded by rocks and dirt, I am sure someone out there has the opposite setting for which this can be run.

Traxxas == Small niche or not the video was cool

I still want a Baja 5SC and they cost alot more
Rebelspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:54 PM   #125
Rock Stacker

does this mean that soon we will have a app that lets us control our rigs with cellphones,and 20 channels all with options of 3POS, 2POS, trims, end points, reverse servos all type of diff switches, and can reach miles of range and can turn on/off remotely, with a alarm incase they get near your RC

I WISH..........

lol but that new rx seems like possibilities for more
brios86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:04 PM   #126
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by slobin3d View Post
I could have sworn I saw MSRP at 1900 and street price is 1099, an e-revo with 2 3S5000's would barn near 1k
you very well could be right, i haven't scoured the internet for info on it, i've just seen what they have on their site and their youtube channel.
ohh EPiC FAiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:16 PM   #127
Quarry Creeper

Meh, I have a brushless TT-01. That's the only on-road car I need. Even if they made a rally version, 6S is waaaaay to much power for it.
Zod Rhombus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:39 PM   #128
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by brios86 View Post
does this mean that soon we will have a app that lets us control our rigs with cellphones
iPhly for Apple iPhone & iPod Touch

Old 11-30-2011, 07:58 PM   #129
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zod Rhombus View Post
Meh, I have a brushless TT-01. That's the only on-road car I need. Even if they made a rally version, 6S is waaaaay to much power for it.

Nobody NEEDS a Veyron and i sure as hell can't afford one.

I'm still very happy that VW commissioned, signed off and made that car though.
Even if i have absolutely no intentions of buying one i'm still open minded enough to appreciate the performance and design.

Comparing a TT01 to pretty much any car is deeply flawed logic, does it drive/drift etc?
Yea cause it does.
Would pretty much any other 1/10th scale touring car chassis drive/drift better?
Absolutely.

Is this car aimed at TT01 owners?
I'd bet big money that the TT01 was never mentioned in any meeting during this cars design process

As 6S being to much power
My savage, ERevo's all ran 6S so i'm absolutely certain that a bigger heavier truck would be fine on 6S.

Also worth pointing out, i've tried my XR10 on 6S as well

Pretty sure that us crawlers are as far as Traxxas could get from their "target market" soi it's unlikely to get many buyers from us.
But i still think it's a pretty poor state of affairs when people who have no interest or want in buying this thing to pick hairs.

I'm certain that if we go back a few years and look on a 1/10th touring car racing forum that they'd have bitched and complained about the first crawlers.
No doubt the phrases, pointless, will never sell, slow blah blah blah were used.

Even if we're not interested in buying one of these, a Axial Exo, Losi 5ive, HPI Apache etc etc i still think we should encourage these companies for trying newish things rather than be petty and pick out things on a truck we're not interested in owning.

As a last point, i've driven a Wraith and thought it one of the worst RC cars i've ever driven (behind the TT-01 ), it kept falling over, didn't really crawl well, didn't drive well and for this European bloke it conjured up no images of anything scale i've ever seen over here.
I got bored with it way before the pack drained.

Still i am thankful that Axial produced this car, it was a step in the right direction and i do like the many details on the car.

Cheers
Mark
Old 11-30-2011, 08:12 PM   #130

I think the idea is really cool and something new. Will I every buy one? Probably not. Street rc cars are just not my thing. I am into fast vehicles but mostly offroad.
Scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:33 PM   #131
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr6fs View Post
Nobody NEEDS a Veyron and i sure as hell can't afford one.

I'm still very happy that VW commissioned, signed off and made that car though.
Even if i have absolutely no intentions of buying one i'm still open minded enough to appreciate the performance and design.

Comparing a TT01 to pretty much any car is deeply flawed logic, does it drive/drift etc?
Yea cause it does.
Would pretty much any other 1/10th scale touring car chassis drive/drift better?
Absolutely.

Is this car aimed at TT01 owners?
I'd bet big money that the TT01 was never mentioned in any meeting during this cars design process

As 6S being to much power
My savage, ERevo's all ran 6S so i'm absolutely certain that a bigger heavier truck would be fine on 6S.

Also worth pointing out, i've tried my XR10 on 6S as well

Pretty sure that us crawlers are as far as Traxxas could get from their "target market" soi it's unlikely to get many buyers from us.
But i still think it's a pretty poor state of affairs when people who have no interest or want in buying this thing to pick hairs.

I'm certain that if we go back a few years and look on a 1/10th touring car racing forum that they'd have bitched and complained about the first crawlers.
No doubt the phrases, pointless, will never sell, slow blah blah blah were used.

Even if we're not interested in buying one of these, a Axial Exo, Losi 5ive, HPI Apache etc etc i still think we should encourage these companies for trying newish things rather than be petty and pick out things on a truck we're not interested in owning.

As a last point, i've driven a Wraith and thought it one of the worst RC cars i've ever driven (behind the TT-01 ), it kept falling over, didn't really crawl well, didn't drive well and for this European bloke it conjured up no images of anything scale i've ever seen over here.
I got bored with it way before the pack drained.

Still i am thankful that Axial produced this car, it was a step in the right direction and i do like the many details on the car.

Cheers
Mark
Oh, I'm just not into on-road that much, not making a case for the TT01 platform or anything. The Tamiya mainly just sits on the shelf. Anyone can buy what they want, I don't care. I just make videos.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:21 PM   #132
Suck it up!

Envelope pusher. I like it.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:42 PM   #133
RCC Addict

One question.

Where are you going to run it at that speed that....
#1 isn't a hazard
#2 isn't dangerous to people &
#3 where it won't be out of range in less than 10 seconds. You sure aren't going to chase it down the drag strip..
bigstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:54 AM   #134
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstu View Post
One question.

Where are you going to run it at that speed that....
#1 isn't a hazard
#2 isn't dangerous to people &
#3 where it won't be out of range in less than 10 seconds. You sure aren't going to chase it down the drag strip..

1. the street or big parking lots.[lots around here]

2. whats the difference of an 8 pnd 100 mph car hitting you ,or an 70 mph rustler, 10 pnd truggy at 50 mph or a 25 pnd [guess ] hpi baja hitting you at 45 mph ? ive seen someone knee shattered by a car that scaled at 50 oz. stupid is as stupid does.

3. looked like it had enuff range in the vids to me. we regulary drag race 300 feet and more .no probs.

.Just because it goes 100 mph doesnt meen you always have to do it, throw a 4s in it, want to show off throw in a 6s.

.Buuuuut we have a bunch of guys with 1/8 dm1's that do 80 + . it would be cheaper to build a dm1 ,and easyer to find body's for.

.I would be very intrested to see how it handles at slower speeds, and how adjustable the suspension is.

.The electronics are awesome.

.This may not be the only thing or only large scale rc there working on . just the first they released.
hellbounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:55 AM   #135
Quarry Creeper

Location: In the middle of Cleveland-Troutman-Mooresville, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstu View Post
One question.
You will have to pay for 3G service for the car then Skype with a camera mounted on the front of it. That will solve the out of range problem and not being able to see where it's going. (not available in New Jersey or maybe that's Rhode Island)

Last edited by duty; 12-01-2011 at 09:02 AM.
duty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:04 AM   #136
Quarry Creeper

wait till someone posts crash picture, because theres no way that when your doing 100+ only one thing will break when you crash it...you'll probably need to just go buy another one......
Old 12-03-2011, 09:24 AM   #137
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion ax-10 View Post
wait till someone posts crash picture, because theres no way that when your doing 100+ only one thing will break when you crash it...you'll probably need to just go buy another one......
I was thinking the same thing.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:08 PM   #138
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion ax-10 View Post
Yep, and also buy another whatever the hell you smashed in to because it won't survive lol.
canadianbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:02 AM   #139
Rock Crawler

i kinda like it..but i think it sux that you need an iphone or ipod to get the full speed out of it ..probably same size as my brushless ofna dm1

Last edited by vonclod; 12-04-2011 at 12:04 AM.
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:09 AM   #140
Moderator Rule Breaker

The supercar of radio-controlled racers can be yours for $1,100 - Yahoo! Autos
eric113 is offline   Reply With Quote