Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Speed Ch: "Are you faster than a Redneck" new show (imports vs muscle)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 03:26 PM   #1
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Exclamation Speed Ch: "Are you faster than a Redneck" new show (imports vs muscle)

could be awesome! ( or really cheesy and biased)

i LOVE pro touring muscle, cant wait to see some of the cars on there!
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2012, 03:34 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Speed Ch: "Are you faster than a Redneck" new show (imports vs muscle)

Kick A$$! Go Rednecks!!!!
trevinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:44 PM   #3
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member

Default Re: Speed Ch: "Are you faster than a Redneck" new show (imports vs muscle)

That's looks cool! Love the pro touring muscle too.
R2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:00 PM   #4
No idea what I'm doing

It's got to be better than yet another show about over-breeding, marrying too many women or the Amish.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:41 PM   #5
RCC Addict

I saw a truck in that clip. GO REDNECKS!!!
rangercat23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:12 PM   #6
Suck it up!

Biased. The only way the muscle could stand a chance is in the forms shown. If they were all left stock...well...
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:34 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Biased. The only way the muscle could stand a chance is in the forms shown. If they were all left stock...well...
...give an example.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:42 PM   #8
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
...give an example.
Let me refine my statement a bit...any of the older muscle wouldn't stand a chance. The newer stuff would because they were built with more than going fast in a straight line in mind.

I honestly can't see anything from the 60's, 70's, or 80's holding their own against imports if they aren't on a drag strip.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:27 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

From the sound of the title the first thing that came to my mind was clapped out honda vs. Joe Dirt. After watching the video it looks more interisting than that.
spookyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:01 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Let me refine my statement a bit...any of the older muscle wouldn't stand a chance. The newer stuff would because they were built with more than going fast in a straight line in mind.

I honestly can't see anything from the 60's, 70's, or 80's holding their own against imports if they aren't on a drag strip.

Get out of here! You mean to tell me that stock for stock an American muscle car couldn't hold its own against a modern super car?!?! Next thing you'll tell me is that a bone stock tlt isn't going to win the sportsman class next year at nats!

Have any more words of wisdom from the no shit files you'd like to share with us nostradaumus?

It's all about what you build not what you can afford...
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:07 PM   #11
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
Get out of here! You mean to tell me that stock for stock an American muscle car couldn't hold its own against a modern super car?!?! Next thing you'll tell me is that a bone stock tlt isn't going to win the sportsman class next year at nats!

Have any more words of wisdom from the no shit files you'd like to share with us nostradaumus?

The shows premise is imports vs rednecks driving muscle cars...a classic battle. 'cept it looks like its more like imports vs muscle car based race cars. Some of those aren't even super cars, just hot imports.

Its like a game of who would win in a fight: Mike Tyson or Doogie Howser? btw: Doogie gets a AK.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:19 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Did doogy build the ak from nothing and sight it in? If so I'll allow it!
Old 12-11-2012, 05:46 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

It looks like most the Muscle cars for the most part are projects with lots of Detroit speed stuff.They build lots of nice camaro/firebird parts.
Comparing those cars against the exotics will be a fun battle to watch.
As for true American muscle against today's average import cars I must say the imports would have the upper hand everywhere but from a standing start.
I drive tons of 60s/70s muscle cars at work and they suck except to give you a grin when you dump the clutch.Hell my Trailblazer SS will eat them up in the corners.
joesbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:48 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
Stock for stock an old muscle car couldn't beat its current model. Even the old Shelby's can't keep up to the new GT's and struggle against the V6 Mustang.

Quote:
Cost money to build things too.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:12 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
Stock for stock an old muscle car couldn't beat its current model. Even the old Shelby's can't keep up to the new GT's and struggle against the V6 Mustang.

Cost money to build things too.
You are absolutely correct on that. The progression of technology has made cars much more capable over the years. Of course it takes money to build things but there is a lot to be said when you can build a vehicle from a pile of parts and have a rig that will eat those that cost double or triple what you have invested for lunch.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:14 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

I true redneck would be racing on a souped up riding lawn mower....
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:22 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:52 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Thas what I'm talkin bout!
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:53 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:55 AM   #20
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Thas what I'm talkin bout! Jack!
fixed
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote

Speed Ch: "Are you faster than a Redneck" new show (imports vs muscle) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dinky R/C Tim Cameron "Show time" muddauber jr Axial Wraith 197 07-02-2016 11:30 AM
krazykrawler's RC4WD Scaler Build-off entry..."Redneck mud slinger" krazykrawler 2.2 Scale Rigs 40 02-09-2013 09:32 PM
"Hey Papaw...Show Off Your Grand Babies!" Knarly Nerd Chit Chat 2 05-23-2012 08:47 AM
My P4 Build "Muscle-Truck" christoleher Tamiya TLT Crawlers 16 07-24-2006 05:04 PM
Project "Redneck Ripper" ClodTrasher Tamiya TLT Crawlers 7 10-30-2005 01:27 AM