Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: why did I need moderator approval for a post in the "christian nation" thread?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2014, 01:04 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default why did I need moderator approval for a post in the "christian nation" thread?

I didn't realize I had to *****foot around in here, especially after the PBB stigma thread seems like it's not an issue.

so because I made a remark about Indians having a different view on history, it gets axed? If that's the case, sorry mods, but it's the truth. We do have a different view. I didn't think it was a big deal, maybe I was wrong?
makya is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2014, 01:07 PM   #2
Scale Detail Engineering

Default Re: why did I need moderator approval for a post in the "christian nation" thread?

Because this is Spart... I mean, Murica!

Nah, I'm guessing it had nothing to do with what you wrote but the fact that you only have 3 post...
Attached Images

Last edited by johnnyh66; 01-31-2014 at 01:26 PM.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:08 PM   #3
20K Club

Default Re: why did I need moderator approval for a post in the "christian nation" thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by makya View Post
I didn't realize I had to *****foot around in here, especially after the PBB stigma thread seems like it's not an issue.

so because I made a remark about Indians having a different view on history, it gets axed? If that's the case, sorry mods, but it's the truth. We do have a different view. I didn't think it was a big deal, maybe I was wrong?
Before you have 5 posts, any posts you make with links attached of any sort may get moderated. It has nothing to do with what thread or what context you were posting in.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:11 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I don't remember putting a link in there, oh well.

Maybe i'm just still more offensive than I think I am

I do think it's cute that curse words are blanked out.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:27 PM   #5
No idea what I'm doing

Quick! Go make two more posts somewhere so we can see what you wrote!
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 02:11 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by makya View Post
I don't remember putting a link in there, oh well.

Maybe i'm just still more offensive than I think I am

I do think it's cute that curse words are blanked out.
We took a vote and none of us cares what a wagon burner thinks.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 02:23 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

hellbounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 02:32 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Pu$$yfoot.

Nope, works fine!

Dumb ass nOObs!

dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 02:39 PM   #9
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
Quick! Go make two more posts somewhere so we can see what you wrote!
After the hype... it better be good!
Old 01-31-2014, 02:51 PM   #10
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
After the hype... it better be good!
that was kinda a let down.
When did the US become a "Christian" nation?
Old 01-31-2014, 03:08 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Replace page with post .

hellbounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:53 AM   #12
20K Club

Now that post I just deleted. Use a little more common sense on what names you throw around at people. Being sarcastic and funny is one thing, but that was uncalled for.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:53 AM   #13
Scale Detail Engineering

hey makya, I have a question if you don't mind...

I see that you used the word Indian to describe yourself, do you prefer Indian to Native American?

I was debating this with my daughter last night...
Old 02-05-2014, 09:55 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

ok. sorry Harley, I don't want to make more work for you guys than necessary. I thought it was obviously joking(edit:since white trash is from pbb also I figured it was ok, didn't think about the audience here), but I'll watch it.

Last edited by makya; 02-05-2014 at 10:00 AM.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:58 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
hey makya, I have a question if you don't mind...

I see that you used the word Indian to describe yourself, do you prefer Indian to Native American?

I was debating this with my daughter last night...
I don't know of any Injuns on the rancheria (small reservations in California) that call themselves Native American. The only ones I know of that do refer to themselves that way live "off the Rez", and are called Apples by the rest of us (red on the outside, white on the inside). Hell, I get called an apple for living in town and being a half-breed, but it's mostly joking around.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:09 AM   #16
Scale Detail Engineering

yeah, I told her that "Native American" was a name white people came up with... that I'd never met an Indian (not that I have met many) that called themselves Native American.

She asked "But didn't white men name the indigenous people here Indian's because they thought they were going to India?".

I said yes, but those were different white men, those were Europeans... not the same white man we have here today.

She asked if I identified as Mexican.
I told her no, I'm American and my blood line is Mexican... I've never even been to Mexico.
I told her I was born here, my parents were born here and my grandparents were born here... we're American of Mexican descent.

She's having a hard time understanding all of this...
Old 02-05-2014, 10:11 AM   #17
Scale Detail Engineering

Apple is pretty funny, we get coconut... brown on the outside, white on the inside.
Throw in some alcohol and we have a party!
Old 02-05-2014, 10:18 AM   #18
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Apple is pretty funny, we get coconut... brown on the outside, white on the inside.
Throw in some alcohol and we have a party!
My tenants (who are Mexican) told me that I'm what they call a "White Juan" because I have the name, but look like someone named Steve or Jeff. I thought she was bullshitting me until one day a checkout lady called me that.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:22 AM   #19
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
My tenants (who are Mexican) told me that I'm what they call a "White Juan" because I have the name, but look like someone named Steve or Jeff. I thought she was bullshitting me until one day a checkout lady called me that.
I always assumed that you were brown because of your name.
My daughter is half German: very light brown hair, white skin and blue eyes...

I gave her her mothers last name because at the time I thought it'd be easier for her with a German name as opposed to a Mexican name.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:26 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
yeah, I told her that "Native American" was a name white people came up with... that I'd never met an Indian (not that I have met many) that called themselves Native American.

She asked "But didn't white men name the indigenous people here Indian's because they thought they were going to India?".

I said yes, but those were different white men, those were Europeans... not the same white man we have here today.

She asked if I identified as Mexican.
I told her no, I'm American and my blood line is Mexican... I've never even been to Mexico.
I told her I was born here, my parents were born here and my grandparents were born here... we're American of Mexican descent.

She's having a hard time understanding all of this...

well, you can tell here that with each tribes actual name for themselves (Lakota, Maidu, Wintun, Cree), most of them mean "the People" as a translation, and to each other, we define ourselves as a Tribe(the tribe name), not a race.

Ask her if she has thought about the term "African American", and how they are all descended from Tribes that defined themselves by Tribal name as well. Or that there are Differences in identification depending on where you come from in Mexico (Michoacan,Poblano,Regiomontano,Tapatio,etc...)

why did I need moderator approval for a post in the "christian nation" thread? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cormier33's CC Smash Build "TEAM OTTSIX Post Season Build Off" official entry thread cormier33 Axial XR10 132 10-26-2014 11:04 PM
"DIABLO" Ottsix Post Season Build Off! offical build thread silver falcon 2.2 Scale Rigs 21 09-06-2014 06:08 PM
When did the US become a "Christian" nation? neillarson Chit Chat 60 02-05-2014 10:58 AM