Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: I hate my neighbors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2013, 09:16 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default I hate my neighbors

[RANT]

So I'm living in a nice subdivision, and although I rent, I am a better resident than half of the lazy bastards on my street. Yes this place has an HOA and I've received a couple of warnings about weeds (because it was 120* outside during the summer) but I keep it clean around here. Unlike the nice family across from me who have a 1995 Buick Regal parked in the driveway with two flat tires and spiderwebs on it since July. The POS hasn't moved in months... yet nothing happens. I at least park my company van by the mail boxes on a side street 90% of the time. The guy across the street has artificial grass, good for him... but his rocks have weeds out the ass! Yes I have two dogs, but they are extremely well behaved. If I put my dogs out back, they are quiet. If either of my dogs bark, they get scolded and then come inside. At least when I kick them outside at 7am they don't bark their damn fool heads off for hours on end, unlike the jerks to the west of me. Their little shitszu gets kicked outside at 6:30am every day and they let it bark. I can't tell if they are deaf or just could careless about people who worked 13hrs and got home at 3am just to be woken up after 3hrs by a yappy little dust mop. And to the other dog owners who have god knows what kind of mutt doing backflips off their RV gate and rattling the shit out of it all through the night because some one drove by.

[/RANT]

Uhg... I hate people.
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2013, 09:20 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: I hate my neighbors

I hate your neighbors too
boosted4lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:56 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Some people have nothing better to do.

The old lady next to us has given us grief for nearly 20 years now.About everything.
Had to get rid of my pet chickens as a kid because they attract snakes.lol.Got a 4 page
print out of the laws involved with keeping chickens and having to build a concrete based
coop blah blah blah,We ended up giving them away.

Dobbed us in to the council because they thought our trees where to close to our power lines.
If anyone parks on her verge (even two tyres) she comes out the front with her phone,puts a letter
on there car and waits.I parked there once with two tyres on the kerb and got a 15min lecture
on how the kerbing can break with cars on it.Her verge is sand too. A few branches of our olive
tree where on her side of the wall,the drama that caused was real fun.

She always comes over and say's "I'm not trying to cause trouble but...."

She came over about a week ago with council bi laws for parking on verges.
Just in case i was wondering you know?

Usually i keep my mouth shut and go "yep ok no worries" and just cut our
trees,do what she says and whatever.This time i told her that her tree was close to the power
lines.It really is,its basically hugging them, and that it's pretty unsafe and i was scared.lol

Some neighbors just suck. haha
thecrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:10 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

That blows. I went many rounds with our old neighbors that had dogs that barked ALL OF THE TIME. I finally got another neighbor to sign a complaint with me and they got hammered by the animal control after the 2nd warning. They called the Sheriff to say that we filed a false report and when the deputy showed up I asked a different neighbor who is a retired detective to come by and corroborate my story. The neighbors were lucky to not have gone to jail that night after lying to the deputy.

They moved due to losing their house but when I walked out back onto my deck even though they were gone I could still hear one of the dogs barking in my right ear as it happened so much... burned into my memory I guess.
Fumbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:02 PM   #5
Suck it up!

Ours is the only east facing house on the street. I have a neighbor to the west that I never see nor hear, a neighbor to the south and across the street that I wave to every morning, and tree lined horse pastures to the north and east. It is a dead end street, hidden off the highway, so there is no thru traffic. Everyone takes care of their property, and even though the HOA forbids it, nobody fusses about the little cargo trailer parked on the side of the house.

Its as peaceful as you can get and I love it.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:43 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

We live in suburbia hell. Nice neighborhood really but I hate people and close neighbors annoy me. We lived in another neighborhood that wasn't nearly as nice but was sooo much fun! The guy across the street to one side was a retired USAF pilot/truck driver that drank kokanee and smoked dope all day. He was a damned fun guy to be around. The guy across the street the other way was a career dishwasher that drank keystone light by the case and smoked dope all day. The guy next to him was a contractor that was into wheeling and rc's. Everyone else was pretty cool, we threw block parties at our house every year. I miss that place.

The best way to combat dickhead neighbors is to be a bigger dickhead and beat them at their own game.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:11 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

I hate my landlady. I live in a small RV park on a ranch. She got on my ass for ordering pizza delivery because it cost too much. Don't know why she worry about how I spend my money, my rent is paid. Then She accused me of something I didn't do and She always bothering me. I thought I was intitled to privacy. There only five trailer spaces in this RV park, all the neighbors tell me to be patient with her. But, She really testing it.
blackcruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:19 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

This is why you gotta play the lottery. So after you win, you can buy yourself a private island and tell everyone to F off because most people suck!! ...at least in my neighborhood they do
Johnnysplits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:02 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcruzer View Post
I hate my landlady. I live in a small RV park on a ranch. She got on my ass for ordering pizza delivery because it cost too much. Don't know why she worry about how I spend my money, my rent is paid. Then She accused me of something I didn't do and She always bothering me. I thought I was intitled to privacy. There only five trailer spaces in this RV park, all the neighbors tell me to be patient with her. But, She really testing it.
She got angry because the pizza that you paid for was expensive?

She must be a distant relative of this old cow next to me.

My other neighbors are fine just this old cow.The guy on the other side
is welsh,we both brew beer,share beer and tools and have a ball working
on stuff and catching up.

I wonder how 33" inch mud tyres would be for her lawn if
someone decided to accidentally drop the clutch on it at full
revs.

It really makes you wonder how other people can be so
interested in other peoples lives. boredom i guess..
Old 11-05-2013, 08:49 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecrusader View Post

The old lady next to us has given us grief for nearly 20 years now.About everything.

Usually i keep my mouth shut and go "yep ok no worries" and just cut our
trees,do what she says and whatever.
You have a lot of patience.
Stand your ground.
Don't let her get used to seeing you as an object.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
The best way to combat dickhead neighbors is to be a bigger dickhead and beat them at their own game.
Well said Unfortunately reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcruzer View Post
Order discreetly a big dildo and see what she has to say...
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:25 AM   #11

I wouldn't say that I "hate" my neighbors, but they can be a little ridiculous at times. Case in point, I'm in the finishing stages of installing a fence in our backyard. Its a 4' cedar picket fence - not an 8' privacy fence or anything crazy. Being the nice neighbor I am, I approached my neighbors on either side of me to tell them I was installing a fence and to let them know what style I'd chosen, size, etc. in hopes of putting their minds at ease if they had any doubts.

The one neighbor was totally fine with it, because I have a feeling he was getting tired of our dog wandering over to his yard on occasion when we play fetch with her. He had no issues and was very friendly.

The other neighbor is 2 sisters that own the house together. We get along fine with them and have even been invited for dinner a few times, but when the issue of a fence came up they got all pissy with me. "Well, I don't want to stare at an ugly fence and lose our view of the pond!" and "But your yard is so well kept and we love to look at it". <-- seriously, they like my yard so much they didn't want me to block the view....WTF?!?! The "pond" they referred to is nothing more than a drainage pond with weeds surrounding it, geese shitting/sqwaking in it, and mosquitoes thriving in it....only in the fall/winter can you really see anything, when the weeds have died down and the leaves fall of the trees. Most of the year you can't see shit. Anyways, I listened to them bitch, tried to ease their concerns, and went ahead with my plans. On sunday as I'm finishing up the pickets, I see one of them and excitedly asked "So, what do you think? Looks nice, huh?". To which they respond, "well yea, I'd prefer it not there at all, but I guess it looks okay...".

well you very much....you just can't please everyone I guess.

Here's a picture of said fence (Posts not cut down yet, obviously)...I think it looks pretty awesome and by the looks of it doesn't cut down on their precious "view"

(from their backyard)

(the "view")
siuvinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:29 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

I have great neighbors. We can sit around and talk with a beer in hand, out working late in the shop and not a peep from anybody and they are always coming over to see the latest rig I am building.

Oh and we watch each others place.
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:29 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

My wife and I used to live in a rental condo complex for a few years back in the early 90's. We then bought a quad home (in a different association) about 50 feet away from the condos (too good of a deal to pass up). When we first moved into the condo complex it was pretty nice and the management filtered out most of the 'riff-raff' renters. Even after we moved into the quad house the rental condos still were pretty nice. Then either the condo complex changed owners or management and the place went to he!! in about 9 months. Garbage cars everywhere, loud parties (don't get me wrong, I love parties, but not when it's every freaking night till 4 in the morning), and a shooting or two. We had enough of that and bought a single family house in a different city back in 1999. The neighborhood was decent and we liked the school system for our daughter. Fast forward 14 years and now there's at least 3 abandoned houses on our block (one right across the street from us that has been driving us nuts for 2 years now) and a lot of homeowners who have no idea what a lawn mower is. At least the neighbors next to me are decent. I feel your pain brother....

Last edited by road_rascal; 11-05-2013 at 04:31 PM.
road_rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Good neighbors are priceless. So is the feeling you get after punching an a$$bag neighbor right in the c0¢k holster!
Duxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:46 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

I'm suddenly very appreciative of all our neighbors! Usually quiet, nice folks and our neighbors to the south of us have helped out with snow, my Sister works full time, I work "full time", and our folks are retired, so the added assistance for Dad while we're working is nice! Mom and Dad had interesting neighbors over the years.......even when related

When Mom was growing up, her paternal grandmother lived next to them at one time and swore her mom (my grandmother) was fooling around on her son (my grandfather)...............turns out Grandpa went out and bought the family a new Dodge

Another neighbor in that town of 400 (still is too!), would mark her calender every time anybody in town got married.........then again when the couple's first kid popped out. Mom and Dad screwed her up on that, I was born just shy of 9 years after they married

One neighbor was the town drunk, she would go out and sweep the streets after it rained, had "issues" hanging the laundry.......cloths line wouldn't stay still, and ended up getting the a local cabbie busted for boot legging because he would go get her booze and bring it back to their building. Think she was also the one that would beat her abusive husband with a broom after he passed out drunk.

The there the duplex were the "Professional College Student", his wife, and their french poodle that only understood German (no, I'm not making that up!) Every time Dad went to fix one of their cars, the "Student" would have to wash his car.......right next to the power outlet Dad needed. The dog was always making noise too. They got to the point that when my folks would make their own ice cream, the did it right on the patio between their front doors.

Then there was the one who would poke her head out the window at the slightest noise. When my folks had their 440/6-Pack/4-Speed/Super Track Pack Charger one of the mufers went bad so Ded ran it out to what's now only really known as J.C. Whitney for new mufflers, and when he got home and pulled it into their garage, he let let loose with enough throttle that their kitchens just shook..........Mom said this neighbor's head was at her window in nothing flat!

Another house they had was on a massive hill (that one killed the above Charger) and one day one of the neighbors noticed the people behind and down the hill from them were selling the.dirt from the base of the hill their houses were on......while it was raining and let Mom know. She put a stop to it, but could just see that house sliding down the hill into the house at the bottom of the hill if she hadn't.

We had one neighbor here that we thought might have been selling drugs, another (same bouse), might have been doing "things" to his own kids. Current neighbors aren't bad, but they have a couple little yappy dogs, the pug ain't bad on it's own, but the mini pincher is a mean little fawker and will get the yapping with it at the least thing.

Besides helping clear our conjoined driveways in the winter and being good all around neighbors, the worst we get from the far above neighbors is their younger kids sticking their heads out the windows and yelling HHHIIIIIIII! when leaving the house or coming home.......definately one of the best neighbors we've had..........just gotta watch some of the food they might give you, not only are they Mexican, but they love their foods HOT........bout makes my nose run and brow sweat just thinking about that
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:55 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Ha you would hate to have me as a neighbor, I have a jeep and a zuk behind the house two trucks trailer beside the house and 3 in the driveway. I leave at 6am and let my truck warm up, its cold up here and the thing is so loud I should fix it. when I mow i wait tell just before dark neighbors don't really complain cause i'm nice and help the old couples out when I can. cat runs around neighborhood chewing up there garbage and gets in fights at 3am damn i'm a bad neighbor
thomass14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:06 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings_of_fire View Post
You have a lot of patience.
Stand your ground.
Don't let her get used to seeing you as an object.

Well said Unfortunately reality.

Order discreetly a big dildo and see what she has to say...
If she was young and hot i wouldn't mind if she saw me as an object.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:57 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
he let loose with enough throttle that their kitchens just shook
That's f'n awesome!!!!!
Johnnysplits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:26 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Damn. Some of you guys are terrible. Lol I don't think it would be nearly as bad if these people arohnd would at least try and talk to you. But nope. They ignore you.
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:16 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecrusader View Post

Had to get rid of my pet chickens as a kid because they attract snakes.lol.Got a 4 page
print out of the laws involved with keeping chickens and having to build a concrete based
coop blah blah blah,We ended up giving them away.
Should have butcher those tasty buggars in the front yard. On her side.
Coops is offline   Reply With Quote

I hate my neighbors - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello neighbors... BC Racing Kansas 7 12-05-2012 12:21 PM
f*%@!*g neighbors! 72Blazer Chit Chat 56 08-23-2012 09:36 PM
Annoying neighbors bluechevytuber Chit Chat 70 01-03-2011 03:29 PM
RCX Neighbors Charlie Electronics 5 04-17-2008 02:01 PM
Damn neighbors Cloak Chit Chat 39 07-14-2006 10:06 AM