RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   PC Sim Racing (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/509967-pc-sim-racing.html)

JatoTheRipper 09-18-2017 06:06 PM

Re: PC Sim Racing

It's 8:05 EST and I can't get in. :oops:

Think I spoke too soon. I think I can get in now. I clicked join and I had to update. That's taking a while...

Nope. I can't get in.

JatoTheRipper 09-18-2017 08:13 PM

Got in.

I'm slow so I didn't have much in the way of battles. I still had fun though.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

hpiguy 09-18-2017 08:46 PM

Since I haven't turned a lap in a while now, of course my iRacing install was behind. Even disabling everything but the updates I needed to run with you guys said it was going to take over three hours to download at the ridiculous 100k download speed from the iRacing servers. I just gave up and shut down the PC. If the racing wasn't so good, I'd flush iRacing down the shitter tomorrow. Just for a test, I cued up a Steam download and was getting a consistent 700-800k down, which is about right for my connection.

MattySlimz1987 09-18-2017 10:10 PM

Sorry to intervene again, but nobody's excited for GT:Sport that's to be released in 1 months time October 19th? I understand if you are strictly PC gamer and are a console disliker, but with PS4s new VR system, I think we are all in for a REAL treat! Can't wait. If anybody's on PS4 and would like to join me when the checkered flags are flying in the new GT, feel free to add my PSN: MattySlimz16.
The new Spintires game "Mud Runner" is due a week or so after GT is dropped on Halloween (10/31). Honestly I think it could be a decent game and not too gimmicky. I guess you go around 4-wheeling to get to the logging trucks. Thing that has me is, there's only 19 truck and they all look like ancient soviet 6x6's. I did see something similar to a Jeep JK and maybe a International Scout, but highly doubt any of these rigs are licensed trademarked.

STANG KILLA SS 09-19-2017 07:23 AM

yeah the join is always a few minutes behind, and mine disappeared after the update. so i watched a vid, and then it reappeared and i was able to join late.

Randy you should have just let it run all night to get it over with.

Jato were you "Timothy" i think it was, it was the only name i didnt recognize.

JatoTheRipper 09-19-2017 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS (Post 5749718)
yeah the join is always a few minutes behind, and mine disappeared after the update. so i watched a vid, and then it reappeared and i was able to join late.

Jato were you "Timothy" i think it was, it was the only name i didnt recognize.

Yep, that was me. I told Komoman he could change my name to JatoTheRipper if that would make things easier and make my name recognizable to the people on the forums.

STANG KILLA SS 09-19-2017 08:04 AM

not sure if you saw my message in the session. but if you press R you can type a text message that will appear on screen while in car.

JatoTheRipper 09-19-2017 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS (Post 5749731)
not sure if you saw my message in the session. but if you press R you can type a text message that will appear on screen while in car.

I did not see that. Thanks for the tip.

I don't ever chat while iRacing so all of those controls are new to me.

I don't have a mic, but I did turn on voice chat last night to listen in.

hpiguy 09-19-2017 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattySlimz1987 (Post 5749642)
Sorry to intervene again, but nobody's excited for GT:Sport that's to be released in 1 months time October 19th? I understand if you are strictly PC gamer and are a console disliker, but with PS4s new VR system, I think we are all in for a REAL treat! Can't wait. If anybody's on PS4 and would like to join me when the checkered flags are flying in the new GT, feel free to add my PSN: MattySlimz16.
The new Spintires game "Mud Runner" is due a week or so after GT is dropped on Halloween (10/31). Honestly I think it could be a decent game and not too gimmicky. I guess you go around 4-wheeling to get to the logging trucks. Thing that has me is, there's only 19 truck and they all look like ancient soviet 6x6's. I did see something similar to a Jeep JK and maybe a International Scout, but highly doubt any of these rigs are licensed trademarked.

Well, the title of the thread is PC Sim Racing. :mrgreen: Seriously though, I don't think anyone here hates consoles, it's just that most of us probably don't spend much time on them. If you have a good gaming PC, then there's nothing a console can really offer that the PC doesn't do better. Also, there's the fact that neither of those games are sims, GT will be simcade at best, which can also be fun, but it still probably isn't going to compare to something like Assetto Corsa or Project Cars 2 for example.

Quote:

Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS (Post 5749718)

Easier to do it in the morning when there's less demand on their servers. Downloaded 2.4Gb this morning in 30 minutes. :roll:

JatoTheRipper 09-19-2017 08:46 AM

Which of the GTE cars do you guys think is easiest to drive? I chose the Ferrari 488 because, IMO, it's the coolest looking one.

STANG KILLA SS 09-19-2017 12:23 PM

i dont own the ford for obvious reasons, but its massive A pillar makes it very hard to see out of.

JatoTheRipper 09-19-2017 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS (Post 5749819)
i dont own the ford for obvious reasons, but its massive A pillar makes it very hard to see out of.

Heh. Pretty much no interest in the Ford on my part either.

hpiguy 09-19-2017 03:16 PM

The Forza 7 demo is live for PC.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/stor...o/9p2xh29364lh

JatoTheRipper 09-19-2017 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpiguy (Post 5749901)

Did you get a chance to play it?

hpiguy 09-19-2017 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 5749904)
Did you get a chance to play it?

It's 25GB, did you forget from last night that I live in podunk and have shiternet for my ISP? :lmao: Hell, I'm still downloading Rainbow Six Siege (50GB) from 8:30AM this morning.

JatoTheRipper 09-19-2017 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpiguy (Post 5749908)
It's 25GB, did you forget from last night that I live in podunk and have shiternet for my ISP? :lmao: Hell, I'm still downloading Rainbow Six Siege (50GB) from 8:30AM this morning.

:lmao:

I'll trade you fast internet for no neighbors.

hpiguy 09-19-2017 04:43 PM

I used to feel that way too. I have neighbors, good ones though, all of them.

hpiguy 09-19-2017 04:58 PM

No racing for me tonight fellas, just found out I gotta roll out really early in the morning. Hopefully next week though. "thumbsup"

JatoTheRipper 09-20-2017 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpiguy (Post 5749929)
I used to feel that way too. I have neighbors, good ones though, all of them.

I used to have awesome neighbors - a corn field. And now it's a development and white trash with cash moved into the $400K house next to me. I would love to know how they can afford 4 kids and at least twice that many cats and dogs all while never going to work.

The race last night, for me, was basically a 16 lap practice session. I qualified 11th out of 16 which I was pretty happy with being my first time racing on that track. But then I spun out on the first lap in a turn that I have spun out in once or maybe twice in all of my practice sessions. Doh! I recovered and finished 12th due to attrition.

Two silvers and one gold finished on the podium. Those two silver guys must be fast if they are finishing on the podium with slower cars.

hpiguy 09-20-2017 09:19 AM

Well, as usual Microsloth shit the bed on the Forza demo. I let it run for 15 hours and it had only downloaded 4.5GB. Could have downloaded the whole thing off Steam overnight. :roll:

Also, the more reviews I watch, the more I'm convinced I'll be getting PCars 2.