Notices

Thread: Good Ol' Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2015, 04:04 PM   #481
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Good Ol' Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
The one shining moment the GOP has had this election cycle was to almost universally denounce the things he's been suggesting.

You should know better. They're all thinking it, Trumps just coming out and saying it. The only reason they're 'denouncing' it is to save face for voters like you.

I never thought I'd see it but 'Trump signs' are popping up in mass around here already. There's definitely people that would vote for him. Whether or not there are enough, or if he even gets the chance remains to be seen.
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2015, 05:15 PM   #482
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANOVRU View Post
You should know better. They're all thinking it, Trumps just coming out and saying it. The only reason they're 'denouncing' it is to save face for voters like you.
I know, I know. I was just happy to hear them say it.

Quote:
I never thought I'd see it but 'Trump signs' are popping up in mass around here already. There's definitely people that would vote for him. Whether or not there are enough, or if he even gets the chance remains to be seen.
I don't think I've seen many signs, but several bumper stickers.

And the one brave and lonely business confessing their support for Carson on their sign out front.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 10:02 AM   #483
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Here's the thing about leading an advanced and civilized nation: you have to have a bit of tact and at least a smidge of self restraint. You can't blurt out anything and everything that comes to mind and credit it to honesty and an unwillingness to be "PC". You are the face and voice of an entire nation, you need to act like it.

9 times out of 10 when I hear someone say they are tired of having to be PC, it's usually because they can't figure out why they are getting flak for being a loudmouthed ignorant asshole.

Trump won't get anywhere near a nomination for POTUS. I know that, I'm not worried about that. What worries me are the nutters that he's prying out of the woodwork that feel every fear mongering, knee-jerk reaction to current events is totally justifiable. He's stuck his paddle into the bottom of the barrel of our society and whipping up all the useless junk that has settled at the bottom. Those people are going to influence the nomination and election, regardless of where Trump ends up.

The trouble with quoting Trump is that he speaks ambiguously about most everything. In regards to the Yahoo interview, the reporter was definitely asking a loaded question, but the reply was not unlike what he had given to other reporters. In essence, he alludes to doing more than surveillance and registration, which he does quite a bit, but never mentions anything specific. You can also sort out where his head is at by what he doesn't say, which is that such things are unconstitutional and wholly un-American. The one shining moment the GOP has had this election cycle was to almost universally denounce the things he's been suggesting.
There's definitely a lot to be desired with the way he phrases things, but we're a year out, I'm sure he'll get(has been also) criticism from his circle about the way he words things. Hopefully he'll take it into consideration as we move closer. Time will tell.

There has been worse reasons than catering to the crazies of this country. People voted for Kerry simply because they wanted Bush out. People voted for Obama, simply because he was Black. I'm sure there's many who plan to blindly voted for Hillary because she's a woman. She plays that way too hard at times.

Being PC is a lot more than not knowing you're a loudmouth ignorant asshole though. Look at San Bernardino. The neighbor didn't want to speak up because she feared being labeled. The Obama administration knew about electronic correspondence between the couple. Didn't do anything about it. Can't remember how it was worded, but they didn't want it to be an embarrassment for them...

Quote:

Yeah, what better way to sway voters to your side, than denounce something said from someone who's getting the most criticism. Sounds like a sure fire bet.
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 12:17 PM   #484
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobCrawler View Post
There's definitely a lot to be desired with the way he phrases things, but we're a year out, I'm sure he'll get(has been also) criticism from his circle about the way he words things. Hopefully he'll take it into consideration as we move closer. Time will tell.
This is why Trump worries me.

Man Suspected Of Making Bombs In Richmond Home To Harm Muslims « CBS San Francisco

Quote:
Being PC is a lot more than not knowing you're a loudmouth ignorant asshole though. Look at San Bernardino. The neighbor didn't want to speak up because she feared being labeled. The Obama administration knew about electronic correspondence between the couple. Didn't do anything about it. Can't remember how it was worded, but they didn't want it to be an embarrassment for them...
Totally agree, but the loudmouth ignorant assholes are his target audience. Those three qualifications as a whole are not required to be non-pc.
Old 12-21-2015, 02:17 PM   #485
Rock Stacker

Quote:
This is why Trump worries me.

Man Suspected Of Making Bombs In Richmond Home To Harm Muslims « CBS San Francisco

Totally agree, but the loudmouth ignorant assholes are his target audience. Those three qualifications as a whole are not required to be non-pc.
Yeah, I see what you mean. Sadly, crackpots will use whatever to justify. That guy is probably a rarity among his supporters though. But he does make them all look bad, in a sense. I do agree that plays very well into that demographic. Which all candidates do.
Old 12-21-2015, 02:21 PM   #486
Suck it up!

Quote:
Yeah, I see what you mean. Sadly, crackpots will use whatever to justify. That guy is probably a rarity among his supporters though. But he does make them all look bad, in a sense. I do agree that plays very well into that demographic. Which all candidates do.
He also has a large following in the white supremacist camps, and that goes way deeper than just some hillbillies that don't like colored folk. They're crediting him with a renewed interest in their cause, which up until now has been slowly dying out...hopefully this resurgence is small and temporary.
Old 12-21-2015, 06:49 PM   #487
Rock Stacker

Quote:
He also has a large following in the white supremacist camps, and that goes way deeper than just some hillbillies that don't like colored folk. They're crediting him with a renewed interest in their cause, which up until now has been slowly dying out...hopefully this resurgence is small and temporary.

Oh wow, that's bad. See, that would be reason enough to reword how you're saying things. Although, people can & will construe words to fit their ideals, look at extremists...in anything. In that case, he needs to look at saying what needs to be said, but with a...little restraint behind it. Tone it down, if you will.
Old 12-21-2015, 08:16 PM   #488
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

There's more than one camp?

So you're worried about the '50's all over again if Trump gets elected?

With the somewhat recent black agenda movement you can rest assured there won't be a resurgence of white supremacists Trump or not.

They tend to lay low nowadays. Rhetoric is the most you'll hear from them.
Old 12-21-2015, 08:25 PM   #489
Suck it up!

Quote:
There's more than one camp?

So you're worried about the '50's all over again if Trump gets elected?

With the somewhat recent black agenda movement you can rest assured there won't be a resurgence of white supremacists Trump or not.

They tend to lay low nowadays. Rhetoric is the most you'll hear from them.
Yeah, there are several. Most are, oddly enough, Christian based organizations.

Trump won't get elected. The GOP is clearly getting tired of his shit...if he doesn't start his decline soon, he'll get railroaded out, one way or the other.

I doubt there will be a meaningful resurgence, but I still don't like to see it. I wish they'd all choke on their own hoods, or swallow a swastika or something. Using the color of skin to measure someones worth as a human being is truly as idiotic as it gets.
Old 12-21-2015, 08:32 PM   #490
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Yeah, there are several. Most are, oddly enough, Christian based organizations.

Trump won't get elected. The GOP is clearly getting tired of his shit...if he doesn't start his decline soon, he'll get railroaded out, one way or the other.

I doubt there will be a meaningful resurgence, but I still don't like to see it. I wish they'd all choke on their own hoods, or swallow a swastika or something. Using the color of skin to measure someones worth as a human being is truly as idiotic as it gets.

I was being sarcastic. Apparently it didn't take.

I kind of tend to agree with ya, but in this circus that is US politics who knows? I don't put nothing past 'em nowadays.

"Using the color of skin to measure someones worth as a human being is truly as idiotic as it gets".

I agree. I think the #blacklivesmatter movement is pretty pathetic as well.
Old 12-21-2015, 08:33 PM   #491
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Using the color of skin to measure someones worth as a human being is truly as idiotic as it gets.

Explain that to rev jesse, sharpton etc etc. So long as there are race baiting poverty pimps there will be people who hate who they proclaim to represent.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 08:38 PM   #492
Suck it up!

Quote:
I was being sarcastic. Apparently it didn't take.

I kind of tend to agree with ya, but in this circus that is US politics who knows? I don't put nothing past 'em nowadays.

"Using the color of skin to measure someones worth as a human being is truly as idiotic as it gets".

I agree. I think the #blacklivesmatter movement is pretty pathetic as well.
It's been a long day. My bad.

'member back when Pat Robinson was running for president, and then suddenly he and a couple of his pals got nabbed for whoring and tax evasion? Trump spends a lot of time in court. I bet he's got lots of skeletons in his closet that could be exploited. Just sayin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
Explain that to rev jesse, sharpton etc etc. So long as there are race baiting poverty pimps there will be people who hate who they proclaim to represent.
They've got a good business going there, can't let ethics mess it all up.
Old 12-21-2015, 09:05 PM   #493
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I bet he's got lots of skeletons in his closet that could be exploited. Just sayin'.

As does anyone in politics. Not sure what the point was there.
Old 12-21-2015, 10:47 PM   #494
Suck it up!

Quote:
As does anyone in politics. Not sure what the point was there.
I'm saying that if it comes down to it, they'll leverage him out of the race.
Old 12-29-2015, 04:53 PM   #495
Rock Crawler

Just read a great artical from the DC Gazette called this Marine tells her like it is. It's a letter to mrs Osama Obama and worth a read. Can't seem to get the link to work but worth looking up. Thank you you bad ass Marines.
S ARR T 8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Good Ol' Discussion - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Good Ol' Time! St33v3 Videos! 0 03-16-2012 02:17 AM
My Mad force and the good Ol' USA-1 Paul4x4 Kyosho Crawlers 12 06-11-2011 06:00 AM
MY ol' 56 Goose19 2.2 Scale Rigs 9 08-13-2009 10:07 PM
Had to say good bye to an ol' buddy lastnight.. mudhunter Chit Chat 11 04-24-2007 07:46 PM