RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   Pics of your latest purchase (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/554976-pics-your-latest-purchase.html)

JatoTheRipper 03-26-2020 08:53 AM

Re: Pics of your latest purchase

Quote:

Originally Posted by JacktheRipper (Post 6005816)
This car started out looking at a Jeep truck. The more I learned the further away my feet took me. Biggest thing that engine shut down at a stop light deal ......... yeah I know there is an override button, so what:flipoff:

Mustangs been watching for a while. Got interested about 5 years ago, the design refinements took a serious turn for the better. Special ordered in Nov, side note: Ford in the only American car manufacture that has a menu of performance specif packages, you can itemize and purchase.

The running mustang shows up, door closed, when door handle is grabbed.. slick

Check out the front tires the skinny pair "Z" rated

Sexy!!! Congrats. I'm a Chevy guy, but I love the newer Mustangs. And I love red. It's the fastest color. I love that car!

My girlfriend wanted a Jeep. I talked her out of it because of the reliability. I'd like a Wrangler myself, but couldn't pull the trigger for the same reasons.

mikemcE 03-26-2020 09:25 AM

I debated about a new GT, hard to get them with a third pedal sadly. So I did a 7 speed C7.
I’m still a Ford lover though.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...911ed90b6b.jpg

Hang up and Drive

GA Dawg 03-26-2020 09:47 AM

https://i.imgur.com/Hsrl5iS.jpg

hpiguy 03-26-2020 07:38 PM

Shadow Tech Pig Saddle

https://i.imgur.com/QVGNkTB.png?1

Inspector86 03-26-2020 08:01 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I just picked up a new toy a few weeks ago and now I'm building a 1/10th version of it.

JacktheRipper 03-26-2020 08:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Little upgrade for the Mustang, 200 miles on the clock time for some go fast....er

GT & third pedal hard to get......?...... red flag thrown on that play.

mikemcE 03-26-2020 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JacktheRipper (Post 6007811)
GT & third pedal hard to get......?...... red flag thrown on that play.

It sucks, never saw so many automatics in my life! Then I found out the new C8 is ONLY an automatic, NO manuals at all.

Hang up and Drive

Inspector86 03-26-2020 10:42 PM

Yeah manual transmissions are a dying breed. I installed a Tremec T56 Magnum six speed in my 68 Camaro and I love it. But I have to say this new generation of computer controlled automatics are pretty awesome when used in the sequential paddle shift mode.

JatoTheRipper 03-27-2020 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemcE (Post 6007616)
I debated about a new GT, hard to get them with a third pedal sadly. So I did a 7 speed C7.
I’m still a Ford lover though.

Sweet Mike! Did you just get that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector86 (Post 6007804)
I just picked up a new toy a few weeks ago and now I'm building a 1/10th version of it.

Nice Jeep! I wish those things were still a dome a dozen. If I had known the prices were going to go crazy for clean ones I would have gotten one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemcE (Post 6007815)
It sucks, never saw so many automatics in my life! Then I found out the new C8 is ONLY an automatic, NO manuals at all.

Yep, manuals are dead. Computers are faster than humans.

mikemcE 03-27-2020 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector86 (Post 6007835)
Yeah manual transmissions are a dying breed. I installed a Tremec T56 Magnum six speed in my 68 Camaro and I love it. But I have to say this new generation of computer controlled automatics are pretty awesome when used in the sequential paddle shift mode.

Totally true, and smooth. BUT, it’s still not manual.

Hang up and Drive

mikemcE 03-27-2020 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 6007864)
Sweet Mike! Did you just get that?

Yep, manuals are dead. Computers are faster than humans.

Yup, as I’m “Retired “ Uncle Sugar sends me a monthly check for my toys!

Hang up and Drive

struhall 03-27-2020 08:43 AM

Spent some BIG money at Academy. My Jeep hasn't had a stereo for the entire 9 years I've had her. I'm back to daily driving her and I needed music in my life. I picked up two Altec Lansing mini h2o bluetooth speakers. They were $15 each and can do left and right stereo sound. They are loud enough to hear the music with the windows down at highway speeds so it's worth it.

https://i.imgur.com/s1PIYCW.jpg

JatoTheRipper 03-27-2020 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemcE (Post 6007867)
Yup, as I’m “Retired “ Uncle Sugar sends me a monthly check for my toys!

Hang up and Drive

Retired, living in Florida and driving a Corvette...you're a walking stereotype! :lmao: But the only people hating on that stereotype are jealous. "thumbsup"

mikemcE 03-27-2020 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 6008050)
Retired, living in Florida and driving a Corvette...you're a walking stereotype! :lmao: But the only people hating on that stereotype are jealous. "thumbsup"

“Retired” but still working FT, and as I’m essential, No problems working, even now.

Hang up and Drive

JacktheRipper 03-28-2020 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemcE (Post 6007865)
Totally true, and smooth. BUT, it’s still not manual.

Hang up and Drive

I like to drive and a manual (standard transmission) fits the term, drive. I've not had that pleasure beyond a HD driven for many years.

Last 4sp car owned, I say owned cause I do not make payments on cars. Was a 67, 435 tri powered coupe. Purchased as a fresh face back form Nam, combat pay bought that one.

The 32 & 34 have 350 auto, cause the cockpits just lack the room, once chopped and channeled.

So the Mustang and a standard transmission (manual) is a given. Very enjoyable & a fun drive.

I have liked the Vett over the years, but the Mustang today is just pure American muscle when compared.

Was a loyal GM guy, new day has arrived. "thumbsup"

Cheers,
pep

JatoTheRipper 03-28-2020 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemcE (Post 6008065)
“Retired” but still working FT, and as I’m essential, No problems working, even now.

Hang up and Drive

That’s the way to be IMO. It keeps you active mentally and physically. Lots of people that retire just give up on life.

mikemcE 03-28-2020 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 6008157)
That’s the way to be IMO. It keeps you active mentally and physically. Lots of people that retire just give up on life.

I hear that. I’m not sure if I’ll ever stop.... gotta do something, and my toys are $$$

Hang up and Drive

kgb424 03-30-2020 08:39 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I finally bought a header pipe for my 87 Yoter 4x4 pickup with a 22R and 2 barrel Weber carb it should sound decent, will need too make my own block off plates for the air tubes like I did with the stock header after removing the smog crap

Brake Weight 03-30-2020 09:09 PM

It’ll definitely flow and sound better. I ran ola Pacesetter on my 3rz for years but I couldn’t keep gaskets in it. 2.5” 3 bolt. Could’ve been worn motor mounts, too.

kgb424 03-31-2020 01:32 AM

My mechanic buddy that can weld and has a bender offered too do my exhaust and Summit Racing is local too me, so I can order the pipe, muffler, tip, mounts and couplers and have them shipped too my house, not sure if there open too the public, going too remove the O2 Sensor and Cat, I put a $25 Summit Racing 2 stage muffler and tip on my 97 Jeep ZJ with a 5.2 V8 and it sounded dam good and I liked it, cause I still need some back pressure for it too run good Right ?? my next problem is I need too run a new hot wire for the electronic choke or install a manual choke cable kit, cause pumping the shit out it when its cold is getting old too start it in the winter