Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Presidential election...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2016, 06:32 PM   #1081
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Presidential election...

A war with a philosophy can be won but it takes more of a scorched earth approach to accomplish. Once upon a time heads were placed on pikes, bodies left swinging from trees and a few were left alive to tell the tale of destruction in order to dissuade anyone from challenging the victors.

I'm not advocating for such behavior but the idea behind it worked.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2016, 06:34 PM   #1082
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmark View Post
Here's what he said:

I'm not sure how he could have been more polite about it. Pence himself wasn't even offended.
I know what he said. It wasn't so much his words, at the time at least, it was the setting & time. Had it been a "discussion" as he said, he would've invited Pence up on stage & had a discussion...not him lecturing.

I liken this to the commercial...can't rememeber what for, where they're explaining when it's a bad time to do certain things. They show a dad ranting about politics to a magician at a kid birthday party.

Last edited by NoobCrawler; 11-28-2016 at 06:54 PM.
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 07:47 PM   #1083
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
A war with a philosophy can be won but it takes more of a scorched earth approach to accomplish. Once upon a time heads were placed on pikes, bodies left swinging from trees and a few were left alive to tell the tale of destruction in order to dissuade anyone from challenging the victors.

I'm not advocating for such behavior but the idea behind it worked.
Well sure, it did work, but those times are not exactly the highlights of humanity. Most of the rest of the world has moved past such uncivilized behavior. Unfortunately we're currently at odds with those that have not, and that is what makes it difficult.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 08:09 PM   #1084
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Well sure, it did work, but those times are not exactly the highlights of humanity. Most of the rest of the world has moved past such uncivilized behavior. Unfortunately we're currently at odds with those that have not, and that is what makes it difficult.
When your sworn enemy speaks Cantonese they'll never understand you if you keep yelling at them in Hindi.
Old 11-28-2016, 09:12 PM   #1085
Suck it up!

Quote:
When your sworn enemy speaks Cantonese they'll never understand you if you keep yelling at them in Hindi.
That's not a very good analogy. We understand each other perfectly.
Old 11-28-2016, 09:21 PM   #1086
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
That's not a very good analogy. We understand each other perfectly.
All they know is their brand of fairy tale book says we are the sworn enemy and we must die if we do not convert to their fairy tale. So yes we understand the philosophy but the only way to be rid of the yipping chihuahua is to kick it hard enough it realizes continued annoyance is a losing proposition or we simply kill it. Ignoring it is not an option.
Old 11-28-2016, 09:25 PM   #1087
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
How about "I'll bomb the shit out of them".
Kinda like when Clinton asked if we could drone strike Assange probably.
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 09:29 PM   #1088
Suck it up!

Quote:
All they know is their brand of fairy tale book says we are the sworn enemy and we must die if we do not convert to their fairy tale. So yes we understand the philosophy but the only way to be rid of the yipping chihuahua is to kick it hard enough it realizes continued annoyance is a losing proposition or we simply kill it. Ignoring it is not an option.
ISIS doesn't want to convert anyone. They have (or had) a clear goal to draw the western powers to a very specific place for a prophesied Battle Royale that would usher in the end times. I say "had" because they only held that specific place for a short time before they were successfully driven right back out. They are now on a backwards slide towards certain defeat.

The trouble is, another group of radicals will certainly take their place with a whole new agenda. We (the west) just need to stop fawking about in the middle east protecting our oil interests under the guise of national security. Make sure nobody is building nukes, and let the local nations fight their own wars. There is absolutely no justifiable reason why we need to be there once ISIS is gone.
Old 11-28-2016, 09:32 PM   #1089
RCC Addict

"Mandrake, do you recall what Clemenceau once said? He said "War is too important to be left to the generals." When he said that, fifty years ago, he may have been right. But today war is too important to be left to the politicians. They have neither the time nor inclination for strategic thought."
-- Base Commander Jack D. Ripper
k7zpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 09:33 PM   #1090
I wanna be Dave

There have been many a muslim radical group one after another trying the same shit for eons. They are like the fundamentalist christians with a whole lot more misogyny and explosives. The whole religion certainly isn't a problem but a handful sure are annoying.
Old 11-28-2016, 09:45 PM   #1091
Suck it up!

Quote:
There have been many a muslim radical group one after another trying the same shit for eons. They are like the fundamentalist christians with a whole lot more misogyny and explosives. The whole religion certainly isn't a problem but a handful sure are annoying.
Correct. Difference being that the Christians have a pacifist god to temper their extremist ways, the Muslim do not. They're having to take the long way around to meet everyone else in the modern civilized world.
Old 11-28-2016, 10:00 PM   #1092
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
...So yes we understand the philosophy but the only way to be rid of the yipping chihuahua is to kick it hard enough it realizes continued annoyance is a losing proposition or we simply kill it. Ignoring it is not an option.
I think of it more like this. ISIS isn't (isisn't?) the chihuahua. ISIS is the flea infestation that rode along for the ride when that chihuahua snuck in your back door.

The chihuahua represents the Muslim faith and every time it's kicked, more fleas spread throughout your house.

Your house represents the world.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 10:27 PM   #1093
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
I think of it more like this. ISIS isn't (isisn't?) the chihuahua. ISIS is the flea infestation that rode along for the ride when that chihuahua snuck in your back door.

The chihuahua represents the Muslim faith and every time it's kicked, more fleas spread throughout your house.

Your house represents the world.
That is a rather accurate way to look at it. It's probably too late to do anything with the chihuahua but we can probably deal with the fleas if we'd stop kicking that damned mutt.
Old 11-28-2016, 10:52 PM   #1094
Scale Detail Engineering

But every time we flea bomb we leave the chihuahua in the house to get all fawked up.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 11:12 PM   #1095
Scale Detail Engineering

And seriously dezfan, comparing the Confederate flag to the Gay Pride flag is silly.
One represents exclusion and separation and the other inclusion and acceptance.

Nobody is trying to erase that chapter of our history, we just don't want to repeat it!
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 11:49 PM   #1096
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Somebody call Alex Jones, I think Joe has uncovered another conspiracy.

I blocked you because you've become a miserable SOB that can't discuss anything without acting like an angry, delusional child. You are not the same person I used to enjoy debating with a few years ago.
It's ok Chris, I understand.

Enjoy your "safe space".
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 12:08 AM   #1097
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
And seriously dezfan, comparing the Confederate flag to the Gay Pride flag is silly.
One represents exclusion and separation and the other inclusion and acceptance.

Nobody is trying to erase that chapter of our history, we just don't want to repeat it!
The gay flag is offensive. It represents perversion, exclusion of anyone who disagrees with the gay lifestyle choice, and seeks SPECIAL rights.

If we apply the Liberal model of things that are offensive and cause hurt equally, then the rainbow flag has to be obliterated from our culture.

Repeat it? Are you f**king high?
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 06:51 AM   #1098
Suck it up!

Constitution much? Or do you just start and stop reading at the 2nd? Because you clearly don't have much of a grasp on the rest of it...
Old 11-29-2016, 07:10 AM   #1099
I wanna be Dave

I have to poop again.
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 08:29 AM   #1100
Yashua

The rainbow has been hijacked from Genisis 9:13.
And since homosexualality is an abomination to Elohim, it is an example of anti truth. Which in the end,,,,,,,,

Rant on
CREEPERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bunch of morons, butt hurt snowflakes, cheeto jesus, go tiny hands!, go trump!, haters will hate, lacquer thinner, liberal whining, mango mussolini, meat gazers, memesturbator, successful billionaire, thin skinned twitter hack, wingnuts unite!

Presidential election... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MiRCa - Presidential Candidates binaryterror Michigan 8 01-26-2011 01:47 PM
Presidential Power - Internet Kill Switch!? Szczerba Chit Chat 14 06-20-2010 07:56 PM
Think the Presidential election is important? JasonInAugusta Chit Chat 14 10-27-2008 01:27 PM