Notices

Thread: Hobby people??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2017, 11:17 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Hobby people??

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post
if people would stop buying hobbywing stuff, companies like novak still could possibly exist. or castle would just be richer. either or.

whats hobby people?
FAWK novak. They closed up because their products failed often and weren't as good as their competitors. Once upon a time they were on the cutting edge of computer programming (cyclone esc's) and then abandoned it while the rest of the industry embraced it and ran.

Companies need to keep up with the times or fail. I'll buy from anyone if their products are solid.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2017, 11:41 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

you'll buy rebranded castle products at a cheaper price? you'll buy rebranded tekin products for a cheaper price?

I know people already buy fanquish crap, but damn.. this is why big name companies fall out eventually.
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 12:44 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
you'll buy rebranded castle products at a cheaper price? you'll buy rebranded tekin products for a cheaper price?

I know people already buy fanquish crap, but damn.. this is why big name companies fall out eventually.
If I'm in the market for something and there is a comparable product that is quality at a much discounted price sure, I'll buy it. I had a tekin rx8 for a while and was happy. Then I picked up a trackstar 150A esc for less than half the rx8 price. I soon sold the rx8 for more money than I paid for the trackstar. Great product at a great price.

I've had fanquish wheels in my hands. They are damned nice. If they were tossed in a tumbler for a while to remove the sharp edges you'd never be able to tell them apart. I don't own any knock off wheels but there is no denying their quality. Funny that they started making them in wider widths after being asked then soon after VP started making their wheels wider too. It only took years of requests and one knockoff brand to get them to listen to buyers.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 12:51 PM   #24

Quote:
I use hobby king lipo's. they are just relabled smc batteries. and from what ive seen a hobbywing esc is a mix of horizon and castle. and a little bit of tekin.

im sorry if I offend anybody, but I only buy name brand stuff. nankin hobby racing team is actually used to test what smc sends us, and in return we give feedback to as weather he wants to sell them as is or not. we have had a lot of illegal roar batts come to us. its all fun when somebody on our team sets the best lap record out of all classes with a 4x4sct with an illegal battery.
Please just stop with your false information!

HobbyKing does not relabel SMC batteries. If you have proof showing HobbyKing batteries are just relabeled SMC batteries, please share that.

HobbyKing offers a much wider selection of batteries than SMC. By your thinking SMC makes batteries and sells them to HobbyKing even in sizes that SMC doesn't sell as their own. That's doesn't even make sense and it's simply not true. Whether or not they came from the same manufacturer in Asia is a different question.

HobbyWing makes their own stuff and they have also made stuff for others. I have no idea what similarities you see between HobbyWing and Castle, Horizon, Tekin, etc, but they are all ESCs that borrow ideas from each other.

HobbyWing is a brand name as good as anything else on the market. The same can be said for HobbyKing. It is also a brand name these days. Their batteries, motors, and more are ROAR approved and are used in club racing all over the world. And guess what, they win.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 01:16 PM   #25
Custom Carbon Fiber

SMC isnt relabeling Hobbywing stuff ....... similarities may be something to do with the same Asian factories but they are built to SMC specs.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 02:45 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

a hobbyking battery is a relabled smc battery. same case, same wires, same lipo packs. different label. talk to the man at smc if you don't believe me.
Old 01-17-2017, 03:33 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
a hobbyking battery is a relabled smc battery. same case, same wires, same lipo packs. different label. talk to the man at smc if you don't believe me.

What you mean is BOTH are manufactured by the same vendor.

I can show you SMC and SPC .... same everything except distributor .

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 09:27 PM   #28
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
Who cares and that sounds like shit. F

I'd dislike that video but that's too much effort.

I spit out my water reading this. Thank you, sir.
bigchimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 06:11 AM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
What you mean is BOTH are manufactured by the same vendor.

I can show you SMC and SPC .... same everything except distributor .

Hang up and Drive
sorry, I use "relabeled" very loosely in the hobby world.

but yes. your right.
Old 01-18-2017, 06:14 AM   #30
I wanna be Dave

and I meant rc king batteries, not hobby king. I don't even think they make their own batteries. damn... I need a vacation.
Old 01-18-2017, 06:23 AM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
That's what happens when you sell junk toys (DHK and the other crap) as hobby grade vehicles and don't offer competitive pricing on your other stuff.
I agree on their pricing, but I bit on a DHK Hunter BL short course truck. It was on sale and had great reviews. That truck is tough as nails and screams on a 3s lipo. I think it's better than a Traxxas Slash for half the money. You can get Axial, etc. for way less elsewhere.
GLHS592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 07:22 AM   #32
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
and I meant rc king batteries, not hobby king. I don't even think they make their own batteries.
Theres a back story to where RC King came from if I remember my SMC history correct .... so yes those are the same batteries.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 08:24 AM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
Theres a back story to where RC King came from if I remember my SMC history correct .... so yes those are the same batteries.
yes, and still are. sometimes I just need a beer..
Old 01-18-2017, 09:11 AM   #34

Quote:
and I meant rc king batteries, not hobby king. I don't even think they make their own batteries. damn... I need a vacation.
Well now that you started the rumor that HobbyKing batteries are SMC batteries...

Once you spew misinformation on the internet you can't take it back. Some people read things on the internet, take it as fact, and then regurgitate the same BS to others.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:56 AM   #35
I wanna be Dave

oops.
Old 01-18-2017, 04:11 PM   #36
RCC Addict

Location: somewhere near Los Angeles...or a city looking thingy.

And it has been confirmed Hobby People is going to be gone by next Monday. I guess the owner that founded it died and the kids didn't want to have anything to do with it.
OTHGbronco82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 06:54 PM   #37

Well, looks like today was the last day. I popped in there yesterday and grabbed a couple things. Lots of stuff but nothing crawler related.

Sad to see an icon of RC in So Cali go away...
momotaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 07:18 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Racks and bins, counter mats make great hobby room swag

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 08:12 AM   #39
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by momotaro View Post
Well, looks like today was the last day. I popped in there yesterday and grabbed a couple things. Lots of stuff but nothing crawler related.

Im surprised they didnt have one of their huge parking lot sale before closing to sell off all their crap. I went to one once and got 2 rtr electric X-celleraters for $50. Its was a copy of the Associated T4.
Shoei1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 09:36 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by momotaro View Post

Sad? Good riddance! They couldn't even fill an online order. I had a week of not hearing anything from them after giving them over $200 and then they cancelled and refunded my money without an explanation. Places like this deserve to go out of business.

Hobby people?? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hobby People Lipos = CHEAP 11.99 ser3100 Electronics 3 01-01-2011 11:04 AM
Hobby People Carries Axial AX-10 Kingofthehill Chit Chat 26 11-21-2007 04:24 PM
Hobby People SALE CRF450R Chit Chat 5 11-23-2006 09:03 PM
Anyone had any problems with hobby people scalecrawler Chit Chat 8 07-16-2006 08:22 PM