Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Hobby people??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2017, 01:09 AM   #41

Default Re: Hobby people??

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Sad? Good riddance! They couldn't even fill an online order. I had a week of not hearing anything from them after giving them over $200 and then they cancelled and refunded my money without an explanation. Places like this deserve to go out of business.
Yes sad. They were in business for 45 years. They closed because their founder passed away last year and none of his family wanted to continue the business (the family has many different businesses going on). That's not to say they were a perfect business by any means. But, they were still an icon in the southern California RC scene.

Did you place your during the going out of business sale?
momotaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2017, 05:41 AM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Ripper didn't come from going fast..........

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 07:01 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by momotaro View Post
Yes sad. They were in business for 45 years. They closed because their founder passed away last year and none of his family wanted to continue the business (the family has many different businesses going on). That's not to say they were a perfect business by any means. But, they were still an icon in the southern California RC scene.

Did you place your during the going out of business sale?
That's a shame. I hadn't realized that. It explains the downturn in the customer service.

A similar thing is happening at a LHS. It's been around since the "Tamiya age" of the 80's. It appears that the son is going to have it handed to him and he doesn't give a crap about it so it's probably going to go down the crapper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
Ripper didn't come from going fast..........

Hang up and Drive
Haha. It actually came from Jack The Ripper.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:55 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Its taken a few years but the local Hobby Town in Carson City NV final closed, it was same thing they had on-road races in the shopping center parking lot and had a lot RC's and parts, then slowly phased out of the RC, Too tables full of geek kids playing Magic

They changed to the final location, had some RC's but nothing that moved on off the shelves and didn't carry Axial or RC4WD, I could buy it online my self cheaper or go CKRC in Reno NV, so I stopped going in there,

but heard it was closing and its gone now, it was a franchise and the owner wanted out, so I think he had a big part to due with the lack of business/profit, that he is ok with it closing and inventory sold to a guy

That is going to try and open a Hobby Town but not in Carson City NV, good luck to him, unless he cares wants makes money or want corporate tells him to push, he will closing his franchise too

Last edited by kgb424; 03-01-2017 at 12:05 AM.
kgb424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 01:48 AM   #45
I wanna be Dave

----- RIP Hobby People -----

I really like my 2200 3s LiPos and their low $ 15.00 retail cost.
They had proven to be reliable and performed well.
Guess I missed the boat for obtaining another pair

Now I'll have to purchase from another distributor

TacoCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 07:32 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Local Hobby Town finally finally shut down after 4 years and 2 different locations. Their RC offerings were not great, at best. They sold axial and a few Tamiya items but didn't stock anything for replacement parts. I went when things were at 40% off, and even then the AR60 front uni's that I purchased were still $15 more than anywhere that I could have mail ordered from.

I realize that there's many more aspects of "hobbys" than RC, but when you have a shop, and you stock almost nothing besides over priced 'entry level' merchandise and your staff consists of a grumpy 50 year old dude who wears a kilt and a kid that has a crappy overall attitude, you don't have any tools to succeed.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote

Hobby people?? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hobby People Lipos = CHEAP 11.99 ser3100 Electronics 3 01-01-2011 11:04 AM
Hobby People Carries Axial AX-10 Kingofthehill Chit Chat 26 11-21-2007 04:24 PM
Hobby People SALE CRF450R Chit Chat 5 11-23-2006 09:03 PM
Anyone had any problems with hobby people scalecrawler Chit Chat 8 07-16-2006 08:22 PM