Notices

Thread: traxxass forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2017, 07:07 AM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: traxxass forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70ford390 View Post
That forum is not bad but the mods just kill it, they can't even enforce their rules correctly.
A lot of people forget that the Traxxas forums are paid for by Traxxas for the sole purposes of promotion and support of Traxxas products. As such, they make the rules, and they want to keep it family friendly. Cursing on a site that you know kids are going to frequent is just as couth as posting risqué pictures. You see people being idiots, purposely pushing the rules, then complaining about the rules and censorship. One guy even posted "your violating my freedom of speech!!!". On a private forum, there is no freedom of speech, and it is up to the mods as to what is allowable and what isn't (as directly by the site/forum owners), just like any forum on the net, even here on RCC. Mods, for the most part, have their marching orders, and some are really good at adhering to them, and others are not. I will say that the Traxxas mods can, and have been, inconsistent with the rules, what they enforce, and what they don't. In the end, if you find the forum disagreeable, go somewhere else, FarceBook is only one click away, you can check out Aunt Edna's new bunion...

It is too bad URC is in such a state of decline, with only one mod, and he being the forum owner, the rules were pretty easy to figure out.

The idea of being a moderator sounds cool, but I do not think I would care for the job. People get all kinds of poopie-faced when they are corrected, and take it very personal, even if there is nothing personal about it. Plus, I don't know if I could be unbiased enough to do the job right (or, not biased enough), I like what I like, and don't what I don't.

Last edited by Greatscott; 06-15-2017 at 07:23 AM.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2017, 08:37 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetches View Post
I think the funniest thing that happens there is when people post questions and someone will respond with a completely unrelated picture of their truck.
That explains the Facebook thinking too. You can post a picture of your truck or even a question and some idiots just respond with "Here's mine" and post a picture of their truck. Usually it's the dumbest looking people with the junkiest looking trucks too.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 09:06 AM   #43
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
That explains the Facebook thinking too. You can post a picture of your truck or even a question and some idiots just respond with "Here's mine" and post a picture of their truck. Usually it's the dumbest looking people with the junkiest looking trucks too.
Here's mine
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 09:42 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetches View Post
Here's mine
Don't make me show you mine...
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 01:00 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Don't make me show you mine...
keep it in your shed.. mudbosstheripper
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 02:35 PM   #46
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
The idea of being a moderator sounds cool, but I do not think I would care for the job. People get all kinds of poopie-faced when they are corrected, and take it very personal, even if there is nothing personal about it. Plus, I don't know if I could be unbiased enough to do the job right (or, not biased enough), I like what I like, and don't what I don't.
Being a mod sucks. I was a forum owner for a while of a forum with about 3 times the traffic as this one does. Everyone get butt hurt regardless if you are non bias and consistent. People only see the microcosm that is their posts.

Things have change with the popularity of Facebook, but there was a time when a forum this size could bring in good money.

Just to give you an idea, I had no membership fee, but still managed to give away the equivalent of an scx10II every two weeks.

On top of the drama you deal with the legal aspect, when done correctly
can be overwhelming.

Something as simple as a give away for example. You may not charge an entry fee, require a membership or donations. If you do any of the 3 you are considered a lottery and must comply with the laws of each and ever state in which you are letting people enter. You can not allow Canadians to enter due to legal restrictions on shipping the prize. You may not allow a person under 18 to enter. its goes on and on.

You can get away with most stuff by flying under the radar, but if someone complains then you looking at some pretty hefty legal bills even if you do not get charged.

Basically it isn't worth it unless you are very passionate or you have a super big ego that needs to be fed.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 11:01 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
A lot of people forget that the Traxxas forums are paid for by Traxxas for the sole purposes of promotion and support of Traxxas products. As such, they make the rules, and they want to keep it family friendly. Cursing on a site that you know kids are going to frequent is just as couth as posting risqué pictures. You see people being idiots, purposely pushing the rules, then complaining about the rules and censorship. One guy even posted "your violating my freedom of speech!!!". On a private forum, there is no freedom of speech, and it is up to the mods as to what is allowable and what isn't (as directly by the site/forum owners), just like any forum on the net, even here on RCC. Mods, for the most part, have their marching orders, and some are really good at adhering to them, and others are not. I will say that the Traxxas mods can, and have been, inconsistent with the rules, what they enforce, and what they don't. In the end, if you find the forum disagreeable, go somewhere else, FarceBook is only one click away, you can check out Aunt Edna's new bunion...

It is too bad URC is in such a state of decline, with only one mod, and he being the forum owner, the rules were pretty easy to figure out.

You're totally correct, I wouldn't want to be a MOD, to be a MOD I think you have to be a person that loves pain.
70ford390 is offline   Reply With Quote

traxxass forum - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
what traxxass spur fits? evan03 Axial Wraith 7 12-29-2012 06:32 PM
New French rc crawler - trial forum / Nouveau forum francophone SilverRidge Outside the US 11 06-30-2011 06:58 AM
traxxass XL-5 ESC ped453 Axial SCX-10 13 06-25-2009 04:25 PM