Notices

Thread: *GIVEAWAY* Krazed Builds 10mm Big Bore Piston Tuner Set

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2017, 11:53 AM   #61
RCC Addict

Default Re: *GIVEAWAY* Krazed Builds 10mm Big Bore Piston Tuner Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX_138 View Post

He gave more then ample notice that he was done and not doing it anymore.
BUT.... who has stepped up to take over?
All due respect get over yourself.

I am 3 things to this forum
1) a paying member
2) a source of internet traffic
3) a source of content

This forum is not here out of someones good will. This forum makes money from me being here, from me donating and from me generating content that attracts internet traffic.

According to the traffic reports this site generates $79.00 of revenue per day on its adds. Thats $28,000 a year.

That doesn't even take into consideration the fees for vendors star and member star donations.

You have a lot of nerve suggestion one of the members step up when the owner doesn't even step in to manage their property.

***Sorry man I know you didn't mean it that way, but it just pisses me off when people suggest a forum is some sort of public service. I know your not the owner, so I really shouldn't have directed that to you.****

Last edited by Ditchrat; 11-22-2017 at 11:56 AM.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2017, 12:32 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchrat View Post
All due respect get over yourself.

I am 3 things to this forum
1) a paying member
2) a source of internet traffic
3) a source of content

This forum is not here out of someones good will. This forum makes money from me being here, from me donating and from me generating content that attracts internet traffic.

According to the traffic reports this site generates $79.00 of revenue per day on its adds. Thats $28,000 a year.

That doesn't even take into consideration the fees for vendors star and member star donations.

You have a lot of nerve suggestion one of the members step up when the owner doesn't even step in to manage their property.

Ain't you cute

'
THX_138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 01:07 PM   #63
Rock Stacker

This is a great site with lots of info just need to read I been out of hobby over 15yrs and just got back into it because of my 5 yr old grandson. People need to remember there is no dumb questions even if it is repeated over and over. Remember there is a lot of very young kids that are wanting to get into the hobby and we need to be positive for them so we have future Hobbyist because that is how this site will grow. Just a side note my Grandson knows how to run this dang computer as good as me or better and he is only 5 . Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Big Sky Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 01:56 PM   #64
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapped-out View Post
With only 35 post in over a month I'd say it's just a matter of time before the plug is pulled on rccrawler.com...
Don't bet on it.

I, and 6 or 7 other guys are regular contributors to RCShortcourse for the last 3 years, with elmoracer trying to get vendors back. But, like here, the vendors won't confirm anything because they have to talk with a site administrator before anything is set in stone.

There are no Mods that show up there, and in the 3 years I've been there, I've yet to see one. Those of us that are fairly active there, including elmo, have been sending pm's and emails to Jason, Badger, Bender, and whomever else might have the reigns there, to make elmo a Mod there, so someone has control over the spammers and the disorganization, and none of us has reported any reply contact from any of them.
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 02:04 PM   #65
RCC Addict

Quote:
Ain't you cute
'
As a button
Old 11-22-2017, 06:09 PM   #66
I wanna be Dave

I have made up my mind this will be my last year as a star holding member......I have had enough of the flame wars and blame games.

Ditchrat maybe you should try to be a Moderator??? THX_138 doesn't deserve the load from you! He has his own plate super full from what I know. :(
ZippoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 07:02 PM   #67
I wanna be Dave

Default *GIVEAWAY* Krazed Builds 10mm Big Bore Piston Tuner Set

My 2cents worth.
At my ripe old age, I’ve been in too many forums.
This (RCC) is one of the only forums that is /was designed for and administered as a business tool for vendors.
So we charge and use the tool. Fast forward to 2016..... EBay and Amazon are the main places vendors sell directly through, with no star purchases or flame wars / outright lies or drama associated with a typical forum.
Mods here? Pee Pee and THX_138....... only ones to show faces in the last year ?
I come for info and casual banter and BSing about the Hobby. I don’t come here to line anyone’s pocket.That said some great vendors I’ve found here are needed but not available in retail stores, I would be sol without guys like Eric /DLux Fab.
It takes more than a few Mods to make it great, sadly those “owners” are silent...........

So many thoughts ...... Where has the passion gone ?

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 07:24 PM   #68
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippoMan View Post
I have made up my mind this will be my last year as a star holding member......I have had enough of the flame wars and blame games.

Ditchrat maybe you should try to be a Moderator??? THX_138 doesn't deserve the load from you! He has his own plate super full from what I know. :(
Been there done that made some good coin, got out before fb crashed forum values.
Old 11-23-2017, 04:50 PM   #69

Quote:
Been there done that made some good coin, got out before fb crashed forum values.
I've seen repeated posts on here by you over time bragging about your multiple forum ownerships, but yet you've come to a point where you own none and you seemingly now hang out here to complain about how awful this one is? and now here expressing your ideas as to what you think this forum needs.... does that include abandoning it and selling it like the others you said you've owned ?

Can't help but asking, what forums did you own and sell?

But.... as to your comment about Facebook crashing forums values... FB will fade away just as soon as the next craze takes hold albeit Snapchat or some other entity, just like MySpace and others faded off into the shadows, all while a good forum with a good member base will always hold strong and remain through each and every MySpace and Facebook type craze.
My beliefs are anyone who jumps ship in fear of another entity/competition in any aspect of life isn't confident in their own product/self to begin with.

When this forum began in 2004 many people boasted that it would never last, that this niche of the hobby was "just a phase".
Oddly enough it's hung strong.
Even odder, during its now 13+ years of existence it's never stopped growing. It STILL gains new members by the day.
Granted the owners have for whatever personal reasons stepped back and not as involved as many feel they should be, but the forum still grows. Could it be growing more with their interaction daily? I would tend to agree with most and say yes. But I also am more then aware life can be just as cruel as it can be kind, and no one here but the owners themselves know the exact reasons they've chosen to step back for a while. Many surely speculate, but none truly know for sure.

Either way.... I guess I look at it this way.
They may have stepped back and become fairly inactive, but at least they didn't sell the place or close the doors
Old 11-24-2017, 07:04 PM   #70
RCC Addict

How can you think Facebook at a valuation of 500 billion dollars is a fade?
Old 11-24-2017, 09:43 PM   #71
I wanna be Dave

Interesting where this thread did lead us.
Thanks to robbob !

Hang up and Drive
Old 11-24-2017, 10:03 PM   #72
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Everything fades away eventually. Myspace ruled the world until bookface came about now where is it? Instagram is gaining on bookface by the day and will likely over run it one day and cause it to join Myspace.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 10:45 PM   #73
I wanna be Dave

MySpace is the only one I ever "joined". and it was just so some out-of-state friends could see pics of the motorcycles I'd had... never used it again...

I used to post regularly on UltimateRC many years ago when all I had were stadium trucks and Tamiya on-road vehicles.

That's a forum that I also thoroughly enjoyed and found useful for quite some time, it's sad the way things went there.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 12:03 AM   #74

Quote:
MySpace claimed the same valuations at its peak. Where is myspace now??

You've conveniently ignored my question about the forums you brag about that you have owned and sold.
Old 11-25-2017, 12:06 AM   #75

Question Re: *GIVEAWAY* Krazed Builds 10mm Big Bore Piston Tuner Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post

Rules are simple: ...

I will run this give away until Thanksgiving - the day after I will use the random number generator to pick FOUR Winners.
Thats right, 4 sets of these are gonna find new homes.
???
Old 11-26-2017, 03:39 PM   #76
RCC Addict

Quote:
MySpace claimed the same valuations at its peak. Where is myspace now??

You've conveniently ignored my question about the forums you brag about that you have owned and sold.
My business transactions are or no concern of your nor are my financials any business of the internet. Nor does me building a forum until it was profitable to sell constitute abandonment, it is simple indicative of following a business plan. It is no different then someone building up a brick an mortar then selling it. Only difference is the commodity, building and selling internet forums, the commodity is email addresses and traffic.

As for your claim of bragging, any fool can spend $300.00 to buy vbulleton and have it hosted for a year, there is nothing special about owning a form.

As to your claim about Myspace, my space was never monetized, never made a profit. Facebook, as horrible as someone might find it, is a major player in the market, on the same scale as google.

You may hold onto forums as long as you want. They will always be around in some limited form. However numbers don't lie. This forum maxed out in 2014 with 5200 people using it at one time, those numbers have dropped of to 1500.

You see new members as growth, but the actual metric is active users, which is considerably down. It is simply a function of the media having a dwindling popularity among internet users. If you where an Admin I would explain to you how to run those reports in vbulleton, but unfortunately moderator access does not include the control panel.

Last edited by Ditchrat; 11-26-2017 at 03:43 PM.
Old 11-26-2017, 03:55 PM   #77

Quote:
My business transactions are or no concern of your nor are my financials and business of the internet.
No? Then why repeatedly tell everyone here how you've owned and sold multiple forums ? Not answering the previous question and pleading the 5th only speaks of one of two things.... never owned and sold, or embarassed of the numbers or forums. Either way, none of it really matters.
What matters is you boasting you know what's wrong with this forum and how horrible things yet still being here hanging out anyhow.
Instead of complaining, why not take the time to contact Jason and offer your help if you're a vBulletin veteran and have all the answers.

Quote:
If you where an Admin I would explain to you how to run those reports in vbulleton, but unfortunately moderator access does not include the control panel.
Who says this is the only forum I've ever helped with or currently mod or admin on?
Additionally, who's to say how the admins of this site have access set-up and given to the mods?
Just because we're titled as mods, doesn't mean we don't have control panel access here.
Old 11-27-2017, 02:27 PM   #78
I wanna be Dave

Did this contest die or just all of us involved!! LOL
Old 11-27-2017, 03:47 PM   #79
I wanna be Dave

I think it got lost in flames

Hang up and Drive
Old 12-01-2017, 07:02 AM   #80
I wanna be Dave

I guess this was clickbait! LOL :P

*GIVEAWAY* Krazed Builds 10mm Big Bore Piston Tuner Set - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Krazed Builds - 10mm Shock Piston Tuner Sets Robbob Chassis and Suspension 8 02-16-2018 01:44 PM
*** Krazed Builds - SCX Tuner Set Pistons Robbob Chassis and Suspension 14 07-14-2017 08:53 PM
GiveAway - Krazed Builds XR10 behind the motor mount Robbob General Crawlers 20 03-31-2015 07:22 AM