Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: *tlt Discontinued*

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2007, 10:59 PM   #21
MWRCA'er

We still have the parts supply, I'm not thinking it will be long till some vendors cash in on it whether it be TLT's or High lifts.

With the huge success of the kit, I must say this did come as a surprise.

Who knows maybe they will come out with a newer version with a better trans.

I don't see these things going away, they are like the clod buster kit in my mind.

Maybe one reason for the discontinuation is because of the lack of interest in the updated Max climber kit.

Good thing I ordered one last week.
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2007, 11:02 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

nah they want us to buy the high lift.
MGS511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 12:02 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

two in a row 34 min apart nice MGS511
and
its a conspiracy i tell you!
Krawler Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 02:35 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Unholy, go to the Tamiya usa site and check out the little gear series. They have the complete tlt line marked as discontinued. Yeap that includes the rockbuster,maxclimber and the rockbuster combo.

I now it sounds sad but it does look like the little gear series os going to be no more for atleast awhile.
Rat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 02:37 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat1
Unholy, go to the Tamiya usa site and check out the little gear series.
Why? I never made one comment saying they didn't.

Plus, though I feel sorry for others if they did, I couldn't care less if TLT's magically disappeared off the earth completely!

Edit: and if TLTs do magically disappear... please start with the one in my signature!
Unholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 02:58 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unholy
Why? I never made one comment saying they didn't.

Plus, though I feel sorry for others if they did, I couldn't care less if TLT's magically disappeared off the earth completely!

Edit: and if TLTs do magically disappear... please start with the one in my signature!

I just feel kind of disheartened to see the TLT go right now. In my eyes it is the most cost efficient way of getting into rock crawling or semi scale building. I was hoping to pick up another one here in the near future but the discontinuation of the TLT will only drive the prices of the available TLTs though the roof which will drive many people away from a great hobby such as this.

But then I suppose some of the people want to keep this hobby and group as small as possible.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:14 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
But then I suppose some of the people want to keep this hobby and group as small as possible.
How do you figure that?
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 03:34 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

I just get that feeling here when I see long timers flame the newbies etc. It also seems that any model that is great to get people into this hobby is flamed to no end. Eliminating such models like the TLT will keep alot of newbies from joining in on the fun of building something like a rockcrawler or running one.

I know that if I had to spend 300 plus dollars to get a Highlift so I could build a shafty crawler or 200.00 for a PTI to build a crawler then I would have never dreamed of starting this hobby. I quess the next option os going to be the wheelie king but I have not seen a price on what the 4x4 version is going to run yet.

I do hope that HPI does up a kit form of the 4x4 WK so that we can build it ourselves using our own electronics without having to pay the RTR price.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:38 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

Well just to be on the safe side, I just bought 4 more from ultimatehobbies
51504rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 05:49 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I just get that feeling here when I see long timers flame the newbies etc. It also seems that any model that is great to get people into this hobby is flamed to no end. Eliminating such models like the TLT will keep alot of newbies from joining in on the fun of building something like a rockcrawler or running one.

I know that if I had to spend 300 plus dollars to get a Highlift so I could build a shafty crawler or 200.00 for a PTI to build a crawler then I would have never dreamed of starting this hobby. I quess the next option os going to be the wheelie king but I have not seen a price on what the 4x4 version is going to run yet.

I do hope that HPI does up a kit form of the 4x4 WK so that we can build it ourselves using our own electronics without having to pay the RTR price.
That's great and all, but what does that have to do with the the topic of this thread? Do you think the major manufacturers want to produce a cheap vehicle for you take a couple of pieces from, transform into something totally different and trash the rest?

That's taking wishful thinking to a whole new level.
Old 02-16-2007, 06:42 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Rockpiledriver, Well what would you suggest? Have Tamiya just sell the Highlifts so people that like to do their own creating,such as people like myself, and have them just take the axles and some odds and ends and throw the rest away? Or should we just all purchase custom kits and use them and throw are creative sides away?

I see that you are now selling the Goliath crawler. That is great but personally I would only use the axles and other odds and ends and leave the rest in a pile and do my own creating for my own needs and ideas. To me that is a tad on the spendy side. Sure you get a good set of tires and some shocks that are better then the TLT units along with some axles.

I wuld love to beable to just purchase the tlt axles are hardware without the chassis plates etc but after pricing them on the net seperatly it gets a bit on the spendy side.

I quess it all comes down to opinion. Unholy hopes the tlt goes away for ever. I hope they reconsider this nice little base kit and keep offering them.

Lets not forget the vendors that have come out with custom products that are used on the TLT. Were is the discontinuation of the TLT going to leave these Vendors that we enjoy?

Maybe Tamiya has something better on the horizon to replace the TLT with but lets just hope the costs do not come in around the clouds. Lets hope that it has somewhat the same principles as the TLT with solid axles that are simular in design or possibly slimmer in bulk. Maybe some slider shafts rather then dog bones, maybe a tire and wheel combo that lets us have more choices in tires rather then having to purchase all new right away.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:39 AM   #32
RCC Addict

The axle parts will probably be avalilbe for quite some time we had bruser stuff 6/7 years after they were dicoed.

I hope the TLT axles will apear under some new vehicle maybe more "scale" in apearance than the a Rock Buster or Max Climber.
NaZ-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 09:50 AM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Rockpiledriver, Well what would you suggest? .
I'm not suggesting anything, I'm merely saying that if you think a company like Tamiya is interested in producing a "cheap" kit that has everything you want in it, that's wishful thinking at best.

Major manufacturers want you to buy a kit, build the kit, break the kit, upgrade the kit.

That's how it works, if you believe otherwise you are only kidding yourself.

On a side note what Naz-t said above is almost always true.

RCP will have a very nice TLT axle kit available in the not so distant future. The only Tamiya part of this kit will be the axle housing itself.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:54 AM   #34
I wanna be Dave

And RC4WD even has aftermarket housings so no biggie. I will buy just axles from RCP when there are no more kits out there. CVD's, steel R&P fat rocks and aluminum knuckles!
racerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 03:16 PM   #35

I guess it was good that I got my TLT when I did. I do agree with Rat1 about cost. Some of us don't have the luxury of spending a ton of cash on a hobby. I love the fact that I can use the saved money to buy from venders in this forum that provide great products at a great price.
Fryedchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:10 AM   #36
I wanna be Dave

yeah, who cares they disco'd tlt's. parts will be around for awhile and theres plenty of aftermarket parts. with the cvds and ss gearset and delrin housings you can build a tlt axle way better than anything tamiya will ever release, or re-release.
Thorsteenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 11:16 AM   #37
Quarry Creeper

To me it is not just the axle set but the other things that come in the kit that many find useful. I know I have used the screws, the mounts for the links and many other odds and ends in some of my ideas.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:42 AM   #38
I wanna be Dave

A NOTE TO DEALERS:

Based on the current status of the TLT's (discontinued), I urge you all to call Aliso and tell them to let Tamiya know that you and your customer base want the TLT back. Aliso is currently recording all the demands for the TLT kit, and will use them as ammunition to get Tamiya to re-release them. Please call them:

1-800-TAMIYA-A

If I had to guess, based on Tamiya history and the huge popularity of the TLT, I'd say they are planning a stretched TLT to replace the Rockbuster. (Or something 'better' that still uses the axles.) It wouldnt make any sense to discontinue it, especially with the crossover parts still used in many kits. I'm afraid the hobby will see a shortage of them of them for a while however...

-Ryan
rbgerrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:06 PM   #39
I wanna be Dave

just got off the phone with ultimatehobbies.com they said they have 200ish in stock. well minus 2 now.
Thorsteenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:12 PM   #40
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorsteenster
just got off the phone with ultimatehobbies.com they said they have 200ish in stock. well minus 2 now.
Man that means they sold 300+ of the kits since Friday 2-16-07. I bought 4 kits on Friday and they said the had over 500 left. It will not be long and you will not be able to get this kit any more
51504rock is offline   Reply With Quote