Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: *tlt Discontinued*

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2007, 01:04 PM   #81
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpiledriver
I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are saying. If you guys knew the margin we make on some of the stuff we sell I think you'd be amazed. If you have been to our site you will see that our prices are lower than almost ANY on the web.
I hope you don't think we have "price gouged" anyone.

The ONLY reason we have not offered a TLT axle kit is the fact that after we added up all of the parts required, we could not offer the axles by themselves in kit form for less than the entire kit was selling for. We will now offer them in kit form. That kit will be more than $69 and we will only make a small profit.

I will second that in Rockpiledrivers behalf, He has done anything but price gouged on these. What he is offering these kits and parts at are what he stated, lower than most on the net.

Yes it is good to support the crawler hobby by offering good prices to keep the market alive, but I person got to make $$ at it also to put food on the table too.
RPP Hobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2007, 01:07 PM   #82
Quarry Creeper

I just picked up 2 of the last ones the LHS had.
Bummer there discontinued
Johnson420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 01:24 PM   #83
Rock Crawler

Ok I admit gouging may have been a rough word. I apoligize for that.
JIA's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 01:46 PM   #84
Rock Crawler

My local HobbyPeople has like 10 - 15 in stock.
I just picked up a couple for a scale build, then saw this thread and was like FAWK. I shoulda picked up a couple more, LOL.
BrockGrimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 01:56 PM   #85
I wanna be Dave

I have too many trucks already, so after reading this thread I decided I needed 2 more kits (plus the one unbuilt one I already have).
Cloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 02:36 PM   #86
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIA's Dad
Ok I admit gouging may have been a rough word. I apoligize for that.
Ok...since now does appear that you pointed that "price gouging" comment directly at me, let me give you an idea of my schedule.

Wake up 6:00. Get on the computer work on RCP for an hour. Get ready, go to work. Work a full 8 + hour day running an electronics manufacturing company. During that time I follow what's going on here, and in my free time work on RCP stuff. Leave "work" between 5:00 and 5:30. Go home. Arrive home between 6:00 and 6:30. Get back on the computer and work until AT LEAST 10:00 PM. If I'm lucky I get to spend some time with the family at dinner. Most of the time I eat while working on RCP stuff.
Go to bed. Wake up and start over until Saturday.

Saturdays are either spent driving to Glendale (1 hour each way) working on RCP stuff all day, then driving back to get on the computer to process RCP orders, or my time is spent doing R&D on r/c rock crawling products. and/or maintaining my rigs. Sunday is either a crawling comp or a repeat of Saturday.

I have not had more than 1 single day off at a time since starting this business 6 months ago.

That said, if you think I am not doing EVERYTHING possible to promote this hobby you would be wrong. If you think that I would be willing to sacrafice ALL of my spare time, and time spent with my family, without being able to promise them a better life because of it you're more than just wrong, your nuts.

I challenge you to find lower prices than what we offer.

I just want to add one more thing. Every cent RCP makes is put back into the company so that we can bring people new and better products than what has been available in the past.

Last edited by Rockpiledriver; 02-21-2007 at 02:45 PM.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 02:48 PM   #87
I wanna be Dave

We appreciate you efforts!
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 03:25 PM   #88
I wanna be Dave

Rockpiledrive: Didn't you know being self employed is all about milk and honey and loads of free time? :-P

I've been pretty much self employed for over 16 years now. I was always enterprising even as a teenager. I do bookkeeping and tax prep for loads of people who think their life is going to be so much easier once they become self-employed. Most people aren't willing to put in the work you're having to do every day just to make it. Kudos to you for doing so and thanks for it. That reminds me, I have an order from you I'm placing soon.
Cloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 03:44 PM   #89
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Can someone clue me in, is the TLT being discontinued?
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 03:45 PM   #90
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Sounds like you should be calling or e-mailing Tamiya then. Have you?
Yes I have, E-mail and 4 phone calls with 4 messages left. None returned.

Quote:
Tamiya has told us the TLT is discontinued.
Good, was that so hard...

Quote:
Tamiya has told us they will continue to make parts.
This is the first time in this thread you said that. That is the info I was talking about. You didn't give away any trade secrets letting us in on that now did you?

Quote:
You should be able to easily come to this conclusion, on your own, by reading what has been posted here, by visiting our website, and by talking directly to Tamiya.
How should I be able to tell that from your posts? Am I a mind reader? I also tried talking to Tamiya, but it is a little tough to get answers from unanswered E-mails and phone calls. Also, it just shows TLT parts in stock on your site. It says nothing about Tamiya still making these parts. It doesn't say anything about this in the "Latest News" section about it either. Your site doesn't even elude to the fact that the TLT is disco'ed. It just shows zero in stock.

Quote:
Trying to pressure me into divulging privileged info, whether I do, or do not have it is not cool and it's not going to happen.
I wasn't, I was trying to get you to say something along these lines...

Quote:
Tamiya has told us they will continue to make parts.
Not all of us deal directly with these companies like Tamiya, Proline, Axial, Novak, etc. We don't have the info that you do and because of this, when you get on here acting like the rest of us should all calm down, it is a little annoying. Us people not "in the know" are depending on the people like yourself to be up front with info, when you can, and to tell the truth always.

I am done posting on this subject, I hope that Tamiya is telling the truth about parts continued to be made. I also hope that you can come back and drop the "you are such a dumb*ss" card on me if they come out with something better for 2.2 crawling. But until they tell us something, I will still be a bit p*ssed off about this.

P.S.

Rockpiledriver, I really have not posted anything, on purpose, to offend you or claim you are less then trust worthy. I was posting how I see it from this side of the screen. No hard feeling
RD400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 03:46 PM   #91
Rock Stacker

So they are taking the kit away as a whole, but will still produce the parts for the complete axles but have to buy everything seperate?
CuriousGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 04:09 PM   #92
I wanna be Dave

Well everyone should go buy Clod Axles then...
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 04:16 PM   #93
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2jeepn
Well everyone should go buy Clod Axles then...
sadly I think I will be...

and most likely a set or two of PTIs
K_Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 04:46 PM   #94
RCC Addict

Whats a TLT? and why are they at a disco?

In my bomb shelter I now have; canned goods, water, matches, and 30 TLT kits.... just in case.

Bring on armageddon....
mrpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 04:49 PM   #95
I wanna be Dave

First thanks RPP, Dez, and Cloak, I r'lly appreciate thwhat you guys said.

RD400 Wow... still feel the need to call me out huh. Fine I'll address every one of your statements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD400
Yes I have, E-mail and 4 phone calls with 4 messages left. None returned.
Me too... twice today. My partner finally got through about an hour ago.

Quote:
Good, was that so hard...
What was the title of this thread again? You needed to hear from me?

Quote:
This is the first time in this thread you said that. That is the info I was talking about. You didn't give away any trade secrets letting us in on that now did you?
That's because I just got that info less than 1 hour ago.

Quote:
How should I be able to tell that from your posts? Am I a mind reader? I also tried talking to Tamiya, but it is a little tough to get answers from unanswered E-mails and phone calls. Also, it just shows TLT parts in stock on your site. It says nothing about Tamiya still making these parts. It doesn't say anything about this in the "Latest News" section about it either. Your site doesn't even elude to the fact that the TLT is disco'ed. It just shows zero in stock.
See above.

Quote:
I wasn't, I was trying to get you to say something along these lines...
Ohhh... you wanted me to give out info I did not have?

Quote:
Not all of us deal directly with these companies like Tamiya, Proline, Axial, Novak, etc. We don't have the info that you do and because of this, when you get on here acting like the rest of us should all calm down, it is a little annoying. Us people not "in the know" are depending on the people like yourself to be up front with info, when you can, and to tell the truth always.
I do know things that I can't reveal, just like many others on this board. Again, go attack Dirk, JIA, or better yet go attack Jason.

Quote:
I am done posting on this subject, I hope that Tamiya is telling the truth about parts continued to be made. I also hope that you can come back and drop the "you are such a dumb*ss" card on me if they come out with something better for 2.2 crawling. But until they tell us something, I will still be a bit p*ssed off about this.
If your pissed about it then, yes, I would tell you to calm down.

P.S.

Quote:
Rockpiledriver, I really have not posted anything, on purpose, to offend you or claim you are less then trust worthy. I was posting how I see it from this side of the screen. No hard feeling
Then why did you apologize earlier? No hard feelings here either, but if you call me out like you have I'm going to address what you said.

Quote:
Sometimes I come off wrong in typed form, for this I am sorry. But I was not meaning or trying to be a jerk, I am just trying to get someone to reasure us crawlers that our cost for this hobby hasn't just rocketed out of reach of most crawlers.
I did reassure everyone that we would do our best to continue carrying all of the parts. I guess you missed that. You must want a written guarantee which I can not provide.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:54 PM   #96
Rock Crawler

I did apoligize I hope you can accept it. I do not want anything but the best for this forum and the people there in. Once again I said I apoligize.
JIA's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 05:08 PM   #97
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIA's Dad
I did apoligize I hope you can accept it. I do not want anything but the best for this forum and the people there in. Once again I said I apoligize.
Much appreciated. As hard as I work to offer the best products at the best prices to have some use those words aimed at me hurt.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:09 PM   #98
Official Scale Nazi

This After-school special was brought to you by:
NERF, KENNER, and Honey Nut Cheerios!!! We'll be right back after these words from our sponsors! hehe
pigeonfarmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 05:12 PM   #99
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Gotta love RD400 with his condescending comments to Brian and anyone else he disagrees with.

Your worse then most of the kids on here.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 05:19 PM   #100
Quarry Creeper

Toys... this comes down to toys. So a product was discontinued... big deal, no need to get worked up. It is funny to read about these guys buying 3, 5, 7, TLT kits at a time. He who dies with the most toys wins!
Creep is offline   Reply With Quote