if you only knew!!!!!
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2007, 05:24 PM   #102
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonfarmboy
This After-school special was brought to you by:
NERF, KENNER, and Honey Nut Cheerios!!! We'll be right back after these words from our sponsors! hehe
You forgot the letter A and the number 55.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 05:25 PM   #103
Official Scale Nazi

Totally Badger, I'm an RCP driver on top of the fact that I'm representing your wheels @ comps. Gerame....NOT COOL man. Not to mention RCP is still a new company and building relationships and trust with members here and you're potentially endangering those EXTREMELY important factors for a startup business. Not to mention your claims were just impatient crap that had no support.
pigeonfarmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 05:29 PM   #104
Rock Crawler

...holy smoke! Live entertainment, right here on RCC!

Roll with it, evolve, and be happy
Gimbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 05:44 PM   #105
Sinking with the ship

WOW, what a cluster fawk... I think the truth in this whole thing is, everyone needs to take a deep breath... yes tlts age gone...bites the big one, however there are SHIAT ton of parts around and guys making after market parts and so on and so fourth..so even if tamiya doesnt come out with a new kit, which I am SURE they will, There will be plenty of parts to go around. keep in mind they even built thier own 1/10 crawlers remember????They know were here and they see what we do with these things... its like Corey said, the original price they were set at they really didnt sell all that well, then after the dropped it they did much better... but probably not a good enough profit margin..

Anyways, Id say give it a few months, by the summer tamiya will have some sort of gaya$$ 1/10 tlt fawkin thing which will probably suck (no offence mr. tamiya) and we will still all have our precious axle parts. Even PTI did that shiat, has a 1/18 version now they have a crappy 1/10th scale..the thing that will suck the most is itll probably be more money...but this is life..get over it . so what if ya have to pay 50$ more bucks, people pay a 100$ for a Bruiser cab.. If you want it bad enough youll fork out the coin.

Deep breath, Deep breath people, its going to be ok
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 05:52 PM   #106
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger
Can someone clue me in, is the TLT being discontinued?
Holy crap! News to me!
FrankyRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:05 PM   #107
Rock Crawler

I am sorry. I cannot explain myself in a way that comes off in a way less then offensive, and offending is not what I was going for.

I guess that my way of debating this issue is less then tactful, and for that I apologize.
RD400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:14 PM   #108
Rock Crawler

Even though G Planes doesnt have them it doesnt mean they arent carrying the parts.

I just ordered a bunch of parts still available and they are still ordering and keeping them in stock for now at least!
They have completely discontinued what we DONT use out of the kits and are still going to distribute the parts that we DO
FinishLineRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:46 PM   #109
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD400
I am sorry. I cannot explain myself in a way that comes off in a way less then offensive, and offending is not what I was going for.

I guess that my way of debating this issue is less then tactful, and for that I apologize.
sounds like step 10 to me!
gregrocks90046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 07:09 PM   #110
I wanna be Dave

RIP TLT. let us all just be happy we had a good cheap source for axles as long as we did but let us not get spoiled by that. we had a good run with em but nothing lasts for ever, including the days of $70 tlts.

on another note, i talked to ultimate today and they expect 200 more in.
Thorsteenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:06 PM   #111
I wanna be Dave

Straight from The US office...
Quote:
Dear Tamiya Customer,

We at Tamiya America are aware of the popularity of the TLT-1. However, all of Tamiya's decisions regarding development of new products and the discontinuation of older products are made at Tamiya Inc. in Japan. We are trying our best to ensure a continuation of spare parts and hopefully more kits in the near future.

Customer Service Dept.

Tamiya America, Inc.

So still no real answer. On if they will come out with a 1/10 or better TLT axled truck.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:06 PM   #112
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creep
...He who dies with the most toys wins!
Is still dead.

Viva la HPI Wheely King...LOL!!! I've got my built TLT and some spare parts...hope they do continue to support the parts.

EDIT: Forgot to say that running your own business is ALOT of work and your profit margin is not always that great. Thanks to Rockpiledriver and all the other vendors on this BB for selling the products that we want at good prices!!!

Last edited by Natedog; 02-23-2007 at 09:19 AM.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:22 PM   #113
Pebble Pounder

BRONCOBASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 01:40 AM   #114
Gettin’ back on the horse

damn this was an intense one to read. thanks for keeping us all entertained. and i need pinions!
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 01:30 PM   #115
Rock Stacker

Can i add something

"Adapt To Overcome"

one way or another we'll get round this discontinuation.
steanlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 01:32 PM   #116
I wanna be Dave

Look in the vendor section, Tammies hobbies has them in stock and ready to ship, PM rbgerrish
Unimoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 01:36 PM   #117
I wanna be Dave

yeah, theyr not disco'ing rock crawling, just tlt's. i think everyones just got spoiled with $70 tlt kits. you want a cheap hobby take up puzzles or go to michaels.
Thorsteenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 05:08 PM   #118

Default TLT Discontinued - Revisted

I'm Curious...

I own a small LHS. How much profit do the members here think small hobby shops make on Car/Truck kits? What do you think is my dealer cost of a TLT kit?

I am talking about a small local shop that does not buy in volume like large stores.

Buckwheat
Buckwheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 05:31 PM   #119
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckwheat
I own a small LHS. How much profit do the members here think small hobby shops make on Car/Truck kits? What do you think is my dealer cost of a TLT kit?
When I talked to my LHS I know their cost on a tlt kit was almost double what I could buy one retail for through Ultimate.

I am guessing this is part of the reason why they were disco'd. Somewhere somehow someone had somekind of tricky deal going.

Look at all of tamiyas kits, $69.99 is WAY out of line compared to any of their other stuff. $129.99 sounds more in line.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 05:32 PM   #120
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpiledriver
Ok...since now does appear that you pointed that "price gouging" comment directly at me, let me give you an idea of my schedule.

Wake up 6:00. Get on the computer work on RCP for an hour. Get ready, go to work. Work a full 8 + hour day running an electronics manufacturing company. During that time I follow what's going on here, and in my free time work on RCP stuff. Leave "work" between 5:00 and 5:30. Go home. Arrive home between 6:00 and 6:30. Get back on the computer and work until AT LEAST 10:00 PM. If I'm lucky I get to spend some time with the family at dinner. Most of the time I eat while working on RCP stuff.
Go to bed. Wake up and start over until Saturday.

Saturdays are either spent driving to Glendale (1 hour each way) working on RCP stuff all day, then driving back to get on the computer to process RCP orders, or my time is spent doing R&D on r/c rock crawling products. and/or maintaining my rigs. Sunday is either a crawling comp or a repeat of Saturday.

I have not had more than 1 single day off at a time since starting this business 6 months ago.

That said, if you think I am not doing EVERYTHING possible to promote this hobby you would be wrong. If you think that I would be willing to sacrafice ALL of my spare time, and time spent with my family, without being able to promise them a better life because of it you're more than just wrong, your nuts.

I challenge you to find lower prices than what we offer.

I just want to add one more thing. Every cent RCP makes is put back into the company so that we can bring people new and better products than what has been available in the past.
That dedication shows with my orders from RCP Crawlers I got everything I ordered and within two days, unlike places like Tower Hobbies. I know buy from small specializied internet stores whenever I can.
rcca is offline   Reply With Quote