Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: So I'm sitting at a light and this happens.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2019, 11:36 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default So I'm sitting at a light and this happens.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1VqNhO5i8U

These idiots ruin things for everyone
98 SNAKE EATER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2019, 06:46 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: So I'm sitting at a light and this happens.....

That is just insane! WTF is the point of all of that, to prove they can do it?

I think the bulk of it is, for the most part, annoying, but harmless. But when they start damaging other people's property and putting bystanders at risk, that is when it has gotten out of hand.

Are off road vehicles legal to be on the streets there? Up here in North 'ho, off road vehicles are legal everywhere but highways.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 07:49 AM   #3
Custom Carbon Fiber

Tazers and Cattle Prods - zap the farkers. At least start throwing night sticks through spokes.

Been reading this is happening a lot lately. But then again its just another can of worms you cant close now. Catch the riders and people say the police abused power, dont catch them and people scream its unsafe on their streets.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 09:00 AM   #4

My biggest problem is that so many of those bikes and quads are stolen. If we'd tread thieves the way they should be treated and cut off a hand we wouldn't have to worry about them riding stolen bikes and quads in the streets again.
JatoTheRipper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 09:19 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Atlanta has this problem too.
GA Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 09:31 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I gotta say I wish that one cop had managed to take down those two guys on the bike that came back through...

And I was bike-only for 8 years. Those guys truly give motorcyclists a bad name.

He sure took his best shot, though!
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 09:57 AM   #7

The problem is that cop's hands are tied in this liberal society. They should be able to run into them with their car and end it, but they can't. That's "abuse" according to our shit brain society.
Old 09-18-2019, 10:02 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Only lesson I see here is that quads are still worse than dirt bikes for escaping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok

And I was bike-only for 8 years. Those guys truly give motorcyclists a bad name.
Do they really though? I really doubt anyone looks at a huge mob of 50+ dirt bikes and associates them with everyday motorcycle commuters.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 10:18 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetches View Post
Do they really though? I really doubt anyone looks at a huge mob of 50+ dirt bikes and associates them with everyday motorcycle commuters.
Sadly they do in America.
Old 09-18-2019, 11:52 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Same thing happens in Denver but on the interstate and they stop all 4 lanes......
odomandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 12:05 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Idiocy. Probably posted themselves on facebook or something too.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 01:12 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

a group did same crap in STL this week too.
BUBBA069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 01:23 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetches View Post
Only lesson I see here is that quads are still worse than dirt bikes for escaping.

They definitely do here in Texas. Among other, more common occurrences:

I was physically forced off the road and into the gravel shoulder by a minivan on my commute, my SV650S laid-over and me doing somersaults... no one stopped, middle of morning rush hour. (One guy did yell out the window to ask if I was OK)

Another time a Chevy Avalanche clobbered my parked bike at a burger joint, I was none the wiser as I was inside eating - he hit and ran, a witness chased him in their car trying to get the plate number, couldn't catch the guy as he flew over the speed bumps heading out of the shopping center. The witness came back to my bike just as I was outside inspecting the damage and told me about it.

So - thankfully, there's usually someone more understanding out there as well.

Still - probably one of the reasons my current bike is just slowly rusting away in my brother's garage.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 01:35 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Seems that these self-entitled idiots have been doing this for a while now. I think I first saw this "social media trend" a couple years ago iirc. Most or all of them don't recognize responsibility, have no concept of accountability, and simply have no understanding of consequence. Problem is that with this mob-mentality, they know that they're likely not going to get caught. Not sure how authorities can get a leg up on this type of behavior but law makers need to change our "slap on the wrist" punishments to something much more severe... maybe the minimum penalty for being caught doing shit like this should include many hours of community service. Nothing is more horrifying to a lazy unproductive mama's boy than making him work hard for a few months!

And I agree that this isn't a "black eye" for the motorcycle community. Most reasonable people judge others by their actions... not by what they're driving. I don't look at motorcycle riders with any degree of disdain or animosity if they appear to be following the laws and driving safely.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 02:37 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98 SNAKE EATER View Post

Geez, idiots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
Tazers and Cattle Prods - zap the farkers. At least start throwing night sticks through spokes.

Been reading this is happening a lot lately. But then again its just another can of worms you cant close now. Catch the riders and people say the police abused power, dont catch them and people scream its unsafe on their streets.
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
Idiocy. Probably posted themselves on facebook or something too.
Probably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
Seems that these self-entitled idiots have been doing this for a while now. I think I first saw this "social media trend" a couple years ago iirc. Most or all of them don't recognize responsibility, have no concept of accountability, and simply have no understanding of consequence. Problem is that with this mob-mentality, they know that they're likely not going to get caught. Not sure how authorities can get a leg up on this type of behavior but law makers need to change our "slap on the wrist" punishments to something much more severe... maybe the minimum penalty for being caught doing shit like this should include many hours of community service. Nothing is more horrifying to a lazy unproductive mama's boy than making him work hard for a few months!

And I agree that this isn't a "black eye" for the motorcycle community. Most reasonable people judge others by their actions... not by what they're driving. I don't look at motorcycle riders with any degree of disdain or animosity if they appear to be following the laws and driving safely.
Agreed.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 04:24 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98 SNAKE EATER View Post

What camera are you using?
1.55Yota is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 07:18 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

Get ahead of them turn around, secure chain between 2 vehicles, now speed up and deliver the law to those without.

Yes its me from that other forum
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 08:54 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
The problem is that cop's hands are tied in this liberal society. They should be able to run into them with their car and end it, but they can't. That's "abuse" according to our shit brain society.
It has nothing to do with liberal vs. conservative, it has to do with implied risk. It varies not only from state to state, but city to city as well. In NC, at least in rural areas like where I live, they legally can and will wreck your ass if that's what it takes to keep you from hurting or killing someone else. In a crowded population center however, adding a 5,000lb high speed missile to the multiple smaller ones probably isn't in their best interests from a public safety standpoint. Not to mention bumping, nudging, or pit maneuvering a bike or quad and sending it ricocheting off into another car, or pedestrian doesn't sound like a win to me.

As someone who rode for over 35 years, I get the frustration level and agree that they need to do something, the problem is how to handle it without causing more safety issues for the general public.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 09:16 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
It has nothing to do with liberal vs. conservative, it has to do with implied risk. It varies not only from state to state, but city to city as well. In NC, at least in rural areas like where I live, they legally can and will wreck your ass if that's what it takes to keep you from hurting or killing someone else. In a crowded population center however, adding a 5,000lb high speed missile to the multiple smaller ones probably isn't in their best interests from a public safety standpoint. Not to mention bumping, nudging, or pit maneuvering a bike or quad and sending it ricocheting off into another car, or pedestrian doesn't sound like a win to me.

As someone who rode for over 35 years, I get the frustration level and agree that they need to do something, the problem is how to handle it without causing more safety issues for the general public.
I disagree that it's not a liberal issue. They are notoriously weak on crime.
Old 09-19-2019, 09:34 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I disagree that it's not a liberal issue. They are notoriously weak on crime.
Who's they? Again, it's different everywhere. Perhaps in cities where there are more liberal views maybe that's possible. But down here in the south, in general, I'm just not seeing it. Matter of fact, I regularly see the opposite.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote

So I'm sitting at a light and this happens..... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sitting to low jwilli2213 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 5 12-11-2007 07:08 PM
Been sitting for five years!!!!!! bastard Chit Chat 10 01-08-2006 10:08 PM