Notices

Thread: Amainhobbies Experience?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2020, 01:56 PM   #1
RCO
Pebble Pounder

Default Amainhobbies Experience?

Hope i‘am right here...

I ordered e few Times the last years at Amain and it was allways flawless.

Now i Placed a Order 29/4/20 and the Package never picked up by UPS.
And Amain don‘t answering since 3 days.

Anybody with the same Experience?
RCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2020, 02:07 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Amainhobbies Experience?

COVID-19 is causing delays. It's as simple as that. Amain isn't too blame. Normally, when I order, I receive my package 1-2 after ordering (I love in the SF Bay Area, a 2.5 hour drive from Amain). However, since the shelter-in-place order was issued, most deliveries are taking up to a week, with two of my deliveries taking a few days longer. Be patient.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 02:10 PM   #3
Gold Star Baby!

Yeah just give it a few extra days and it will come through. They’re still solid, things are just running slow here and a lot of tracking systems are off. I had a package where tracking said UPS had not picked it up for a couple days then this morning I got a scheduled delivery notification.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 02:19 PM   #4
RCO
Pebble Pounder

Don‘t get me wrong... i do not wanna blame Amain.
And I know about Covid and the impacts.

But UPS never got the Package from Amain and i was told that it‘s on his way.

However... hope i got at least a reply from the customer support.
Old 05-05-2020, 04:47 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I have no Idea if this is useful but I've had a few orders (not from Amain in particular) where I was given a tracking number but they ended up using another number for the actual shipment. So checking the original tracking number showed nothing happening.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 04:55 PM   #6

I've had mixed results with AMain. Their customer service is the worst part of that company.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 05:35 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I've had mixed results with AMain. Their customer service is the worst part of that company.
That's strange since I've considerable gotten outstanding CS from them, as have countless others. Heck, from my experience, their CS is better than Amazon's.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Old 05-05-2020, 05:55 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

It's always takes 1 to 2 days from the time I get an email from Amain saying that my package has shipped before USPS actually gets the package.
GA Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 05:58 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Might be a UPS issue too because of Covid.

I had a delivery from UPS overnight, hit my city same night and sat for 3 days here before they sent it out for delivery.

I've personally done around 20 or so cross border orders from Amain and not had a single issue with them.
Xx Losungen xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 06:19 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

I spend a fair amount annually, enough to be a gold member, the VIP rebates work well to spend more. I’ve had a few FU from them, every time I’ve called, they responded very well, and fairly.... similar to the old Tower.
Last order got split(I’m in Florida) the NC warehouse shipped all but a pinion from NC, got it last Friday.The pinion was shipped from CA.... last Friday, that’s gotta be Covid related.

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 09:19 PM   #11
RCO
Pebble Pounder

Thanks @ all for sharing your experiences!
So overall Amain is still a good Partner to buying stuff.
Thats good to hear...!

I will see what happen in the next days.
But still i think to have satisfied customers, is the most important thing to a seller and sometimes it takes not a lot to get happy customers...

Anyway... and Thanks again
Old 05-07-2020, 07:17 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

As a follow-up, this showed up in my e-mail yesterday:

Dear Valued Customer,
The past six weeks have been challenging to say the least and we want to thank you for your continued support and your patience with us during this time. We believe that the health and safety of our family and yours is the first priority, but in all honesty, I’m sure you’re wondering, “Where is my order?”

Although the situation nationwide is improving, we continue to face three primary challenges:

When Shelter In Place orders began to spread across the US, most Americans had no choice but to buy online. We saw increased demand for the products we sell, but were unable to retain enough of our employees to satisfy the orders. While precautions were in place to keep them safe, some were uncomfortable coming to work with so much uncertainty about the virus. However, as of April 24th, we have been able to bring back our entire crews in California and North Carolina and have continued to hire aggressively to catch up. We are making progress, but are nowhere near the standard we have set for ourselves and that you have become accustomed to over the years. Our hope is to get back to our one day (or Same Day in many cases) shipping lead times by the end of next week and we are operating 17 hours a day, seven days a week at full capacity to get there.

Supply Chain disruptions began when Covid spread throughout China. Although only a portion of the products we sell come directly from China, many we found, have parts or components that rely on their manufacturing, and that has made it difficult to procure enough inventory to meet demand. As China opened, the shipping lanes were flooded with the backlog of orders that never got out before Chinese New Year and anything that could be sent once their country began to re-open. Although we have sufficient orders in place and probably were more prepared for this than most, we believe inventory scarcity could last another 60-90 days. Just as you find yourselves waiting longer for your online purchases, we are simply not getting our orders in the quantities or time frame that we are accustomed too either.

Due to increased demand, coupled with longer lead times and product shortages, our customer service team has been overwhelmed with a record number of calls, chats, and emails. Our team is doing their absolute best to handle it, but again, it’s not up to the standard we hold for ourselves. Many former customer service reps who now serve in other capacities within our company did return to the phones during the shutdown to help, but it hasn’t been enough. As with the warehouse, we are ramping up our hiring in customer service to better meet your needs. Please know if we have your order, we are working hard to get it out the door. Proper shipping estimates are provided upon checkout to give you the date your order is expected to leave one of our warehouses. ETAs for high demand products should be provided on product pages. If we have not met our stated commitments, please reach out to our team to investigate the issue. As always, rather than waiting on hold, call backs are available and chats are the most convenient way to get a quick answer for a simple question.

Our teams are working harder than ever to get back to the level of service that you trust us to provide. We stock the widest selection of products, ship 99% of orders within one business day, and offer the highest level of customer service in the industry. It’s why you shop with us and that’s why we’re here. We take tremendous pride in our support of the radio control and cycling communities and are looking forward to seeing you back at the track, the flying field, or out on the trails or roads we hope you’ve been able to enjoy these last few weeks.

Kendall Bennett

CEO & CO-FOUNDER, AMain Sports & Hobbies
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 07:25 AM   #13
RCO
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for sharing
Old 05-07-2020, 09:51 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

I received that email, as well. Just more proof that Amain has outstanding customer service. Did Amazon bother to send out something like that? No! When I've had problems with an order (defective item, incorrect item (which has only happened once), having problems with the website, etc), they fix it asap. This past Thanksgiving, I was trying to place an order, ran into a problem (the price listed, and the price showing in my cart, were two different prices...the 'Cyber Monday' deal wasn't taking), and called them. Since it couldn't get fixed on the website end, they manually deducted the amount.

I've probably purchased over $15K from Amain in the past 2 years, and I've gotten nothing but outstanding CS from them, plus my packages (except for right now, due to COVID-19) always arrive in 1-2 days...and that's with standard, or $1.99, shipping.

Old 05-07-2020, 09:57 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Also the same overall experience.. the letter told everyone the same facts, so that negates the farcebeek experts.

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 11:14 AM   #16

I have a different take because of my bad experiences with AMain - lack of action from customer service, bait and switch sales, etc.

I got that letter from AMain as well. It's just a mass email and I don't think it's telling the whole story. I ordered stock items and 2-weeks later they're still not here. I haven't experienced that slow down with in-stock items from any other place - RC or otherwise. Everything else I've ordered is shipping and arriving in normal speed.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 11:39 AM   #17

I have noticed significant order and cs delays across the board since Covid 19. That goes for Amazon, Horizon, AMain, and Tower Hobbies. In better times I have found them all to be very responsive and helpful. For now, I am giving them all a pass until this virus issue settles down.
Richr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 11:47 AM   #18
RCC Addict

I've ordered twice from Amain since early April. The first order had a slight delay on items shipping from California, took about 2 full business days to ship. The second order was placed in the afternoon and shipped that same evening.

I've always had good service from Amain.

I have ordered several times from RPP, and it's like nothing is different. Classic RPP service, perfect in every way. RPP is my primary resource and I use Amain as my secondary. I have a local shop I use to buy Traxxas vehicles as they're great people.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 02:22 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

I got that same letter from amain too. Amain customer service far as email goes is a joke. The times I've emailed them I never get a answer. The last time I emailed their office instead and a week later all I got was sorry prerry much.

Now the times I've had to deal with amain customer service over the phone was really good. With all the craziness going on even though its frustrating we just have to expect delays in processing a order and shipping times. Sometimes things are going to get mixed up and make things frustrating and we want answers.

Even when I've ordered stuff lately from my lhs it's sometimes been 2-4 weeks. When normally it takes a few days. Wish things would just go back to normal. But I know that probably won't happen any time soon.
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 06:28 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

I also received that email. In the past when I've ordered, I've always gotten my orders within a week, and never had a problem with customer service.
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote

Amainhobbies Experience? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any Experience with SK-1 FourDogs General Scale Talk 0 07-15-2016 09:36 PM
amainhobbies MAVERICKJK Chit Chat 22 08-02-2014 08:58 PM
Does anyone have experience with this? Super Fabrication Formula Offroad 11 02-28-2013 04:18 PM
anyone had any experience with these? slash 127 General Scale Talk 5 02-22-2013 04:52 PM
Does anyone have any experience with.... kaetwo General Scale Talk 4 07-16-2008 11:05 AM