Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: My Own Version Of Hostler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2007, 01:20 PM   #41
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by loanshark View Post
I asked for their measurments just to see how close I came to theirs. What I did, I just used my little knowlege of the Falcon chassis that I bought from them, then took some rough measurments from their listed photo on this site and started bending. Since it is for my use only, I don't think it would hurt if they had shard the WxLxH with me. They didn't, so no worries. I keep on building and making sure I make it a perfect for my taste.

I was one of the first one buying RCP's Falcon directly from them. So my idea is not stealing a design, but to copy someone's bright ideas, again, not for profit but for personal use only.

Besides, if the item isn't patented, then anyone can buy one and make exact copy for sale. That is the reason there are patent laws and they should be listed with the product or on their advertisments.

So in case if someone is making the exact copy of theirs for sale, RCP can't do much unless they have the patent documentations in hand.

So, as far as I have heard from you all, nothing but just complains and complains. Who is going to have a nice comment about 2nd tuber which is not even 1/2 complete?

Support your vendors and support the new ones in this hobby to get better and stop being so anal about things. I would have been happy to hear one nice comment in here.

There was a girl started a thread making a VW tuber and look in there, there are tons of nice comments and none for me. Why is that? Can anyone explain that to me?
I think you would have gotten a better response to your tube chassis build if you had just said you were building a tube chassis and just let people judge for themselves it was a hustler rip off or not.

By naming your thread the way you did and how your first post was written you pretty much put yourself in the line of fire!

I can see using someone else's design as a base for your own build, but you should try and want to make it your own somehow.

I do look forward to seeing how "your hostler" comes out?
Xtant3150c is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2007, 01:21 PM   #42
I joined the Band!

No, I am not, and I don't need no ones help as I haven't asked for it. I am simply saying that this is my version and not a copy of theirs. It just looks very similar to what they have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
Never once said you were making them to sell.... try re-reading what I said, then retype your post to acordingly.... it will make more sense then.

Try and help a guy plead his case and he wines.....
loanshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:25 PM   #43
I joined the Band!

Please be patient as I am a slow poke. I am new and have never brazed any. I work 6 days a week and I ride 25-30 miles of hard core mountain biking on Sundays, and a loving father. So, I will have the pictures posted as I go along with my own " hostler "

I hope it is going to come out all right.

Thanks for the very first nice comment. It is appritiated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtant3150c View Post
I think you would have gotten a better response to your tube chassis build if you had just said you were building a tube chassis and just let people judge for themselves it was a hustler rip off or not.

By naming your thread the way you did and how your first post was written you pretty much put yourself in the line of fire!

I can see using someone else's design as a base for your own build, but you should try and want to make it your own somehow.

I do look forward to seeing how "your hostler" comes out?
Old 03-28-2007, 01:41 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Basically when they say they are making their own version and asking the manufacturer for measurements and such...
I'll have to agree w/ that - that's stretching it a bit when you ask a manufacturer for their product data.

Quote:
because not everyone can buy a $330 chassis
Very good point. If loanshark was doing this to mass-produce for profit, he'd be looking at way more layout than 330 bucks.

Quote:
this is a build thread, is it not? so continue building!
Yea, keep building that thing man, no ones gonna sue you unless you try to market it.

Quote:
You did sort of set yourself up, loanshark. Don't get me wrong, you get props from me for trying to fabricate something yourself. You should have just avoided any implication that you were copying another chassis is all. Good luck w/ the brazing and the rest of your build and post pics when it's done...
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:42 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtant3150c View Post
I agree, you pretty much set yourself up for this.

Also, you havn't got much positive comments because there were no pics untill you edited your first post & didn't tell anyone. A simple post that said "edit in first post" would have let everyone know to go look at it.

Anyways, go build it, crawl it, & break it!
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:06 PM   #46
Rock Crawler

Looking good so far at least you planned it out. I just started bendin tube till I came up with something. This is still a hobby, right. Get that thing built and come to one of our GTG.
raul duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:16 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Your's looks a hundred times better than the Hustler.I say make thousands of them and put the Carnage Crew out of business. If I knew how to braze I would build a tuber also.Good luck bro!
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:36 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnailMail View Post
tutch
??WTF??

post up some pics, if i saw your progress i might say somthing nice
Thorsteenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:09 PM   #49
I joined the Band!

Are you on meth or something or were you raised in a barn? Can't you talk like a mature person? What kind of language is that? Next time you want to say something, you can start with a simple hello instead.

If you need to see the pictures, go to the first page of this posting and you will see them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorsteenster View Post
??WTF??

post up some pics, if i saw your progress i might say somthing nice
Old 03-28-2007, 03:59 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColquittCustom405 View Post
Your's looks a hundred times better than the Hustler.I say make thousands of them and put the Carnage Crew out of business. If I knew how to braze I would build a tuber also.Good luck bro!
I like the cut of your jib.
Cloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:12 PM   #51
Pebble Pounder

i like. inspires me to get ot work on mine!
mxrider99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 05:19 PM   #52
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxrider99 View Post
i like. inspires me to get ot work on mine!
your making a Hostler too? This is really starting to catch on.
mrpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 05:25 PM   #53
I joined the Band!

Come on man, let's do it all together. Some where here, I read that there ia a place to post the picture of your Hustler. Imagine if we all make our own and post pictures there. How fun will it be? All having the same rigs.

Jump in and join the revolution, a Hustler making revolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpink View Post
your making a Hostler too? This is really starting to catch on.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:29 PM   #54
Rock Crawler

This post is great. Seems like this part of the hobby is full of copy cats. Someone comes up with an idea and next thing you know the market is whored out with tons of the same ****....rant over.
NorCal 2500HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 05:33 PM   #55
I joined the Band!

Aren't you loving it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal 2500HD View Post
This post is great. Seems like this part of the hobby is full of copy cats. Someone comes up with an idea and next thing you know the market is whored out with tons of the same ****....rant over.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:58 PM   #56
RCC Addict

make it with square headlights and a seven slot grill

change the name completly

make homage to your avatar
chivas72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:26 PM   #57
I joined the Band!

Bein, Seguro, Gracias Sr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chivas72 View Post
make it with square headlights and a seven slot grill

change the name completly

make homage to your avatar
Old 03-28-2007, 10:09 PM   #58
Pebble Pounder

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/8...erv2fj0hg5.jpg going off that, he is allowing it and publically posting it...
mxrider99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:41 PM   #59
TEAM MODERATOR

loan shark: Definition-----one financed and supported by an organized crime network.

Quote:
Please be patient as I am a slow poke. I am new and have never brazed any. I hope it is going to come out all right.
Yeah,I'm sure yours will turn out REAL pretty. Making statements about selling copies YEAH,that'll work.

Quote:

There was a girl started a thread making a VW tuber and look in there, there are tons of nice comments and none for me. Why is that? Can anyone explain that to me?

It was a very nice build that was well planned,thought out and nicely built,it deserves recognition and compliments.

Was there a copyrighted tuber that was copied or "cloned" in her build? NOPE! She designed and did her homework,then built it. Your straight out coping a design...........but,you'll never get close to the quality of the true copyrighted Hustler.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 08:22 PM   #60
Rock Crawler

Default .

Larry Flynt

Should Be Chasing You Guys Down For Name Copy Rights

I Can See Him Know With His Wheel Chair Chasing You Guys Around The Rocks

With A Rolled Mag Trying To Beat You To Death
tmaxxking1 is offline   Reply With Quote