Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: How do you sell something you don't have?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2007, 01:52 PM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT40 View Post

He "owns" it but it's not in his possession, and he wants to sell it despite the absence of the truck and that's A-OK.

So who wants to buy a Phantom truck that the owner has never seen in person?
Don't forget, he's never seen it in person but it crawls awesome. Nothing wrong with what he's doing, just how he's doing it seems sorta shady.
slowrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2007, 01:58 PM   #42
Rock Crawler

I'm sure someone would buy it. I'm not saying he should be selling it before he has it in his possession, but I don't think there is a reason to make a big deal about it. A admin or mod should have sent him a inquire about the ad and seen what his side of it was before deleting his thread and calling him a scammer.
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 01:59 PM   #43
RCC Addict

Hey I seen a truck on ebay with a buy it now for $200 its real nice works great. Someone wanna buy it off me for $400 I'll buy it and sell it to you.

That's sounds ok to me. You should have something in your possession before you put it up for sale thats all. How do you know you'll receive it for one... and what if its junk when you get it.
4u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 02:11 PM   #44
RCC Addict

i'm not taking anyone's side here, but....

beleive it or not, THIS IS THE WAY a LOT of stuff is sold over the internet. i learned that fact when me and my GF were looking into selling that SMC crap you see on the late night infomercials.

i'm not saying i approve of it, but it happens DAILY.
STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 04:30 PM   #45
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopSawCustoms View Post
A Tell me if you bought a bruiser for 200.00 you wouldn't sell it for 8 if you could?
Your damn right I would(but only if I had it in hand), just like some other members as well. The thing we are not liking is that you are selling a truck that is NOT in your possession yet. Like others have said, what if it shows up destroyed? or with parts missing?, or just an empty box? How would you explain that to an RCC buyer?
'83 chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 04:41 PM   #46
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by '83 chevy View Post
Your damn right I would(but only if I had it in hand), just like some other members as well. The thing we are not liking is that you are selling a truck that is NOT in your possession yet. Like others have said, what if it shows up destroyed? or with parts missing?, or just an empty box? How would you explain that to an RCC buyer?
That's exactly it right there. It doesn't matter if you bought it for a dollar and list it for a thousand at least wait until you have it in your possession, take your own pictures, and write your own ad. Anyone can take pictures off another ad copy and past the text and try to sell something they don't even have. Just try to make it look a little better for yourself.
4u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 04:46 PM   #47
Rock Crawler

It's not like he doesnt own the truck, he payed for it and its his, IMO he did go wrong when he said it is a ok and it crawls great. That is somthing you dont know. And in the future you should just wait till you have the rig before you try to re sell it.
Mikekx65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 04:57 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

Well, I just bought his 1.9 mudslingers. I'll see if he holds his end of the deal.
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 05:48 PM   #49
Debunking old stereotypes

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER View Post
i'm not taking anyone's side here, but....

beleive it or not, THIS IS THE WAY a LOT of stuff is sold over the internet. i learned that fact when me and my GF were looking into selling that SMC crap you see on the late night infomercials.

i'm not saying i approve of it, but it happens DAILY.

Yeah, but if you're talking about what I think you're talking about? Thats called Drop shipping, it's been a practice longer the the internet has been around. But..... Thats usually a product shipped directly from the manufacture, and is known to be a New item, and is usually guaranteed by the manufacturer or seller. This is a used item, not yet seen in person by the seller.
I think if Chopsawcustoms would have just been honest, and maybe mentioned about the E-bay purchase, people wouldn't have been upset/suspicious.

Last edited by freetimecrawler; 10-16-2007 at 05:51 PM.
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 10:29 AM   #50
I wanna be Dave

I thought I would add this . ChopSawCustoms PMed me about a item I had 4 sale . he made a lower offer than I was asking . I returned his PM saying I would take the offer . he then PMed me back saying he would send the payment by PAY-PAL that day . that was last week and I have not seen the payment . I did keep the PMs , to many things don't add up with this guy .
Badd is offline   Reply With Quote