Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: 1.9 Scale Build off

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2007, 10:01 PM   #121
I lost my vendor privileges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikekx65 View Post
If you are going to be doing the build off you MUST! post a pic of your project start in the build off thread in the 1.9 section, If you dont post there you will not be counted when the dedline comes around. Also do NOT post bs in the other thread it WILL be reported.
in this thread? or one of its own?sorry for the BS. i have had 2 posts deleted today already.
clodstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2007, 10:39 PM   #122
REST IN ALOHA CHIP

Quote:
If you are going to be doing the build off you MUST! post a pic of your project start in the build off thread in the 1.9 section, If you dont post there you will not be counted when the dedline comes around. Also do NOT post bs in the other thread it WILL be reported.
DUDE CHILL! you're talking about RC toy cars, the fun is in the building. dont overcomplicate it with all kinds of rules.
just out of curiosity, did you get permission from anyone up there if you could do a contest?I thought vendors and mods had that authority.
if so nevermind.
but yah this is getting f'n stupid with all these rules and stuff. A build off is a build off. If some schmuck wants to enter something he's already built, let'em. i think you forgot that we all get to vote on the winner.no one is gonna vote for something they already saw. This is your chance to showcase your skills in fabrication or friends skills.Why cloud it all up with rules? The skies the limit, it just has to have 1.9 wheels.
just my 2 cents, im no mod just voicing my opinion......in CHIT CHAT.
if you dont like it, quote me and let me have it.

oh yeah, BTW:
Quote:
When the deadline comes around I will be asking all the builders to post pics and specs or their rigs. And i will be creating a poll with everybodys name on it who's truck meets all the rules and will let the community of RCC decide the winner.

Build off rules.

1. 1.9 scale wheels and tires must be used
2. The wb must be scale to the body.
3. You may enter a work in progress truck.
4.If your truck is not a running truck by the end date it will not be counted in the build off. It MUST be a fully rtr truck.
5. You may use leaf sprung, 4 link or coil over suspension setups.
6. Body should look scale, (either hard or lexan)
7. You may enter a already going project but it has to be 50% or less completed. If you want to enter a truck you already built or bought it has to be 50% different than it is now.
8.The build off starts at 12:00 am tonite
9. You must have pics and specs posted by 12:00 am Nov 25.

post up these things.
  • Any rules or rule changes you would like to see.
  • When you think the end date should be
  • And any other comments or suggestions.
Good luck to everybody.
Also all bs posts will be deleted
nobody needs to post sh it, till november 25th. according to your rules unless you change them again

Last edited by YoUnG_vErSiOn; 10-24-2007 at 10:47 PM.
YoUnG_vErSiOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 11:38 PM   #123
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_version View Post
A build off is a build off. If some schmuck wants to enter something he's already built, let'em. i think you forgot that we all get to vote on the winner.
I TOTALLY agree! I'm building for myself and friendly competition. I appreciate the effort in getting this thing organized, but I just want to have the best competition out there.
CrawlnSlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 12:38 AM   #124
I wanna be Dave

I think there should be one more rule. No axle mounted steering servos. That's the ultimate NON-scale effect.
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 12:47 AM   #125
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISTURBIN' tha PEACE View Post
I think there should be one more rule. No axle mounted steering servos. That's the ultimate NON-scale effect.
lol werd!!!
sleek6mt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 01:37 AM   #126
RCC Addict

Two questions...

On the suspension specs - what if it doesn't have leafs, shocks or coils?

On the "type" of rig, I am building a Clod bodied dragster, as low as possible. I think I read something about lifts, etc?

It's scale, and it's 1.9, and it's barely started. Is it in???
BlueMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 05:15 AM   #127
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SACCO View Post
Does the rig have to be mine? I am building one for a friend, but I am doing all the work
Go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_version View Post
DUDE CHILL! you're talking about RC toy cars, the fun is in the building. dont overcomplicate it with all kinds of rules.
just out of curiosity, did you get permission from anyone up there if you could do a contest?I thought vendors and mods had that authority.
if so nevermind.
but yah this is getting f'n stupid with all these rules and stuff. A build off is a build off. If some schmuck wants to enter something he's already built, let'em. i think you forgot that we all get to vote on the winner.no one is gonna vote for something they already saw. This is your chance to showcase your skills in fabrication or friends skills.Why cloud it all up with rules? The skies the limit, it just has to have 1.9 wheels.
just my 2 cents, im no mod just voicing my opinion......in CHIT CHAT.
if you dont like it, quote me and let me have it.

oh yeah, BTW:

nobody needs to post sh it, till november 25th. according to your rules unless you change them again
If you dont like the rules then dont compete. Also if you even had just the smallest bit of common sense you would know that when i said "i need pics and specs BY nov. 25th" That means i need them on or before that date. So dont come here and talk smack when you have no idea what you're talking about.Also this is a BUILD OFF not a showing contest. You bring what you have built. Thats the whole point to a build off you have a certain amount of time to build somthing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMonster View Post
Two questions...

On the suspension specs - what if it doesn't have leafs, shocks or coils?

On the "type" of rig, I am building a Clod bodied dragster, as low as possible. I think I read something about lifts, etc?

It's scale, and it's 1.9, and it's barely started. Is it in???
This build off is a pretty relaxed one, meaning that it doesnt really have to be a crawler just 1.9 scale and the body must be scale to the body. If we do another build off it will be more strict than this one.

Last edited by Mikekx65; 10-25-2007 at 05:18 AM.
Mikekx65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 05:30 AM   #128
I lost my vendor privileges

wow and i thought i had an attitude.lol

delete the BS please.thank you.

this should get interesting.
clodstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 06:26 AM   #129
Sinking with the ship

This is starting to become really dramatic really fast... Its no wonder why we dont have many build offs here

Anyways...since this is RCCrawler, is the contest limited to only crawlers/trail rig types or is it *any* 1.9?

Quote:

Normally I would agree with you, but for the few that are building tubers thats going to make it really hard to do... Lets see what our contest holder has to say
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 06:48 AM   #130
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
This is starting to become really dramatic really fast... Its no wonder why we dont have many build offs here

Anyways...since this is RCCrawler, is the contest limited to only crawlers/trail rig types or is it *any* 1.9?

Normally I would agree with you, but for the few that are building tubers thats going to make it really hard to do... Lets see what our contest holder has to say

I agree with you 1BJB... We all need to calm down because this is supposed to be a friendly buildoff between fellow comrads of RCC...

I would normaly say no to the axle mounted servo, But aslong as its done tastefully then I dont mind at all.. I dont want to lose to someone that just throws a servo and horn on while I am doing everything just to hide my steering linkage.. I say yes I would allow it... Good luck guys cause your gonna need it...

Ah the hell with it, Just hand over the first place to me

Last edited by DARKHORSE; 10-25-2007 at 06:51 AM.
DARKHORSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:16 AM   #131
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKHORSE View Post
I agree with you 1BJB... We all need to calm down because this is supposed to be a friendly buildoff between fellow comrads of RCC...

I would normaly say no to the axle mounted servo, But aslong as its done tastefully then I dont mind at all.. I dont want to lose to someone that just throws a servo and horn on while I am doing everything just to hide my steering linkage.. I say yes I would allow it... Good luck guys cause your gonna need it...

Ah the hell with it, Just hand over the first place to me
I agree with you guys about the servo placement.

I also think it should be trail/crawler/rock racer/tow rig related vehicles, but dont care if someone enters something else. If your rig is good enough to win, it is good enough to win. Besides, the voting public(rcc) will be biased towards those types of vehicles anyways.
SACCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 09:25 AM   #132
REST IN ALOHA CHIP

Default "you will not question my AUTHORITIE!"

this is chit chat, bs central. i didnt post anything except for a picture of my build for the build(in 1.9). mikekx65 i was just fawking with you, i love to push buttons,its in my nature sorry for thatit's probably cause you dont know me,i have thick skin and i thought you did too. i didnt realize nor use any common sense when it came to context. i am an intelligent 31 year old kid, i have a build, i met the criteria.man ......have some fun, youre all serious.whenever theres a challenge or something, you and i know theres always gonna be someone who shakes the tree, thats where i come into play. Man, i really am sorry that you dont like the way i am. most people on here think thats one of my better qualities. oh well ill be quiet, and just do my build, and mind my own business, i guess.:-(
if any one else wants to be a funny guy let me know, we can get permission from the right people.......then start a build off that does allow BS.no prise of course, just an apology from the loser. or maybe we can build for pinks or something like that. winner gets top ten rigs.
YoUnG_vErSiOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 10:55 AM   #133
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKHORSE View Post
We all need to calm down because this is supposed to be a friendly buildoff between fellow comrads of RCC...
Agreed. I am not aware of Mikekx65 getting permission from Jason or I to put on an official RCC build off so this will be just what you said, a "friendly buildoff between fellow comrads of RCC".

If RCC Vendors want to provide products for the winner then that is entirely up to them as RCC would not be held responsible for any prizes that were exchanged.

If this were an official RCC build off, we would have the rules nailed down before the competition even started and not add rules as we go like in this build off.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 10:57 AM   #134
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post

crawlers only, amen brotha
sleek6mt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 10:59 AM   #135
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleek6mt View Post
I think it should be that way as well, but I see a few others have entered or will be entering non crawler/trail rig type trucks. I just want to be clear on this....
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 02:29 PM   #136
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
Agreed. I am not aware of Mikekx65 getting permission from Jason or I to put on an official RCC build off so this will be just what you said, a "friendly buildoff between fellow comrads of RCC".

If RCC Vendors want to provide products for the winner then that is entirely up to them as RCC would not be held responsible for any prizes that were exchanged.

If this were an official RCC build off, we would have the rules nailed down before the competition even started and not add rules as we go like in this build off.

I didnt ask you or jason but i did contact a mod and asked that person about it, that person also gave me a few pointers on how it could/should be setup.

I was just trying to do somthing fun but still be able to show our skills off. But as this goes on i learn more and more why there hasent been stuff like this before.

This is rccrawler, but hey if you feel that you can build a street truck thats 1.9 and compete with us building trail trucks and crawlers then go for it.

I agree that we are getting a little out of hand on this, There is a thread in the 1.9 scale section if you are competing go to that thread and post a pic of your project start. Keep all the BS here and not in that thread.

Also this is a build off, so you have to build the truck you will be entering. If you have ever seen biker build off they dont bring in a complete bike change a few things and call it done. They have a short time to build the best bike they can in that amout of time.

So guys lets all calm down and have fun doing what we all like to do.
Mikekx65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 02:33 PM   #137
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleek6mt View Post
Well, since this is RCC.

I think it should also be crawlers/trial rigs, but hey, that's just me.

And what do I know?
Old 10-25-2007, 02:35 PM   #138
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
So guys lets all calm down and have fun doing what we all like to do.
Agreed.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:51 PM   #139
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Sheldon, come on now?

dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 03:31 PM   #140
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
I didnt ask you or jason but i did contact a mod and asked that person about it, that person also gave me a few pointers on how it could/should be setup.
Well if you did not contact Jason or myself then you did not get the proper approval.

Basically what I am saying is, do not contact RCC Vendors soliciting this as an Official RCC build off for prizes.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote