Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

View Poll Results: What day do you think for a toy drive for Kids?
Saturday December 5th,,,COMP DAY 3 33.33%
Sunday December 6th or another day,,,ring in! 6 66.67%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Colorado Christmas Crawl for Children Comp @ RC Hobbies Fri. 12-18-09 6pm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 03:52 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

hey Tom ,,what about a local police/fire dept.? I know alot of them deal with this kind of thing? I talke dto a couple of charities today to see if we can get a post up on their sites too,,havent got anything back yet tho
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2009, 04:03 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Right on,,Tom,,I am really out of contact with people that I used to talk to all the time about charity work etc...Thanks Tom for helping make this work,,,

and please if you want to attend but dont have the resources to get there then post up so we can make arrangements,,also if you want to donate a toy but cannot or do not want to attend please let me know...

one other thing,,does anyone know one of the local pizza or sub shops down there,,,close to plamer,,maybe we can get a group discount or large purchase discount???? anyone in the springs got some info?

Last edited by rmdesignworks; 12-02-2009 at 02:32 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:08 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

I could possibly be in for the 19th too.. Sounds like fun
jkwrangler08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:34 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzin Illusion View Post
I have contacted the Colorado Springs Area Toys for Tots organizer and he said he can use the toys. Hoping that the weather is good I can run the toys to the springs if needed.
Wolfman and I will be at the toy drive event so if you need someone to transport the toys back to the Springs we would be glad to. Shoot me a PM and I will bring one of the things on the list, that away we all don't bring the same thing.
lwb Sami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:08 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

started putting toether a similar list to yours and then see that you already posted it,,,i think we could add one or two canopies to the list as well,,,if someone has them that would be willing to help out.

im also working on the fliers now

does anyone have a blank comp score sheet?? if so please pm me

ill also bring my propane camp stove for heating and cooking too

id offer my grill but without a truck i dont have a way to transport it

Last edited by rmdesignworks; 12-02-2009 at 02:33 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:09 PM   #26
EXW
Pebble Pounder

I'll be there. Probably bring the family with me.
EXW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:19 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Two donated prizes from me

ONE WINNER---5 FREE HOURS OF 2D CAD SERVICES,,,ABOUT A $200.00 RETAIL VALUE

I'll make up a card for the winner.

ONE WINNER---ROCKY MOUNTAIN DESIGNWORKS Paradox Series OCKHAM'S RAZOR MINI MADNESS CHASSIS

i will bring the card and the chassis to the comp.

Last edited by rmdesignworks; 12-01-2009 at 05:27 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:13 PM   #28
No idea what I'm doing

I've been watching this to see what the majority decides on for a date, and the 19th leaves me out ......in fact most of December is out for me with 3 Birthdays and Christmas.

I still want to help out though. If you need a prize, I'd be more than happy to donate a chassis for the cause. Being a former Jarhead myself, I hate to be left out of a Toys for Tots drive.

Thomas, you seem to be leading this charge, so let me know what you want....I can meet you with toys if that works. What age groups are you targeting?
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:21 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
I've been watching this to see what the majority decides on for a date, and the 19th leaves me out ......in fact most of December is out for me with 3 Birthdays and Christmas.

I still want to help out though. If you need a prize, I'd be more than happy to donate a chassis for the cause. Being a former Jarhead myself, I hate to be left out of a Toys for Tots drive.

Thomas, you seem to be leading this charge, so let me know what you want....I can meet you with toys if that works. What age groups are you targeting?
Juan,,,man,right on,,,Thank you so much for this. I sincerely appreciate and accept your offer.

Age group? I'd say toddlers to teens...Hooraw!!

I have the comp Saturday but as far as I know Sunday is free to meet you somewhere....Thanks again Juan
Old 12-01-2009, 10:51 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpopa View Post
I am down for the 19th as well I have nothing going on so let me know.........
thomas and fellow crawlers i apoligize for not getn back with you, ide love to design flyers for this event, ive been preoccupied bcuz my brother in law was in a freak accident in florida, he is a custom home builder and a high powered nailgun backfired and shot him in the eye, it pierced his retina and after surgery they gotta see if he may lose his eye, im really stressed cuzz me and him are really close, thomas text me all info u want on the flyer n ill have a design by friday afternoon.. thank u guys..
jayboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 11:09 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Jay,,Thanks so much for your support and help,,like I said on the phone I will get you all the info tomorrow,,alot of the info is in the first post in this thread,,,i am terribly sorry to hear about your brother and my best wishes are with you and yours and I will be hoping for the best outcome possible
Old 12-02-2009, 12:17 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

jayboogie has managed to make a relaly nice flyer and will have it completed before the weekend and has already made arrangements for some sponsorship for food,,,way to go jay,,I am workin on a big well known sponsor for a competitors prize,,I hope it goes through,,we will see

so far as it stand now it will be at Daniels Park and we will start registration at 9:00am sharp followed by tech and beginning the comp,,we will run the new HTW format for classes,,2.2 Pro and Novice,,1.9 courses as you wait to run 2.2,,followed by Supers if they show,,,TOP 5 Finals for 2.2 Pro, Novice, 1.9 and Supers if enough show

Last edited by rmdesignworks; 12-02-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:24 PM   #33
Gettin’ back on the horse

Why did you move it to the springs?????
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 02:31 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzin Illusion View Post
So it has been moved from Daniels Park to Palmer Park???
DANIELS PARK<

no its daniels park,,i dont know why i got palmer park in my head,,,sorry guys,,,my flub

i was talking to some friends in the springs and Tom said he contacted the Colorado Springs Toys for TOTs and it just stuck,,it is at DANIELS PARK,,NOT @ PALMER PARK,,,

I apologize people,,,I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing....Let me know if any of the other posts I put up are still wrong,,I think I got them all fixed

Last edited by rmdesignworks; 12-02-2009 at 02:41 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:52 PM   #35
I wanna be Dave

I wanted to let everyone know that I just got a huge response from a very well known vendor that is also sponsoring the competitor's prize give away,,I am stoked about this,,I don't have the particulars of the items being sent yet but as soon as I verify that I can say so on here Ill post the vendor's I.D.

ALSO,,does anyone know who to contact about DANIELS PARK,,permits and info to make sure we are covered??????
Old 12-02-2009, 06:14 PM   #36
Gettin’ back on the horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
I wanted to let everyone know that I just got a huge response from a very well known vendor that is also sponsoring the competitor's prize give away,,I am stoked about this,,I don't have the particulars of the items being sent yet but as soon as I verify that I can say so on here Ill post the vendor's I.D.

ALSO,,does anyone know who to contact about DANIELS PARK,,permits and info to make sure we are covered??????
For Daniels park do you want to have a rented out area?
When we do comps we just go.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 06:41 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Well then I dont see any reason to rent this time either,,do you?
Old 12-02-2009, 06:47 PM   #38
MODERHATER™

I hate to say this, but if we contact Open Space about what we do at Daniels, we may loose access......

Look at Open Space rules and regs some time...
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:00 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
I hate to say this, but if we contact Open Space about what we do at Daniels, we may loose access......

Look at Open Space rules and regs some time...
I would have to agree. After contacting Palmer Park last weekend I now believe that if one is not setting up any structures or advertising, etc. There is nothing to contact them for. We are just getting together to hang out, period.
lwb Sami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:04 PM   #40
MODERHATER™

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwb Sami View Post
I would have to agree. After contacting Palmer Park last weekend I now believe that if one is not setting up any structures or advertising, etc. There is nothing to contact them for. We are just getting together to hang out, period.
I always do so they know what we are doing. And sometimes we have a canopy or two... Or hang some RCC and whatnot banners...
666 is offline   Reply With Quote