Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

View Poll Results: What day do you think for a toy drive for Kids?
Saturday December 5th,,,COMP DAY 3 33.33%
Sunday December 6th or another day,,,ring in! 6 66.67%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Colorado Christmas Crawl for Children Comp @ RC Hobbies Fri. 12-18-09 6pm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2009, 07:12 PM   #41
Gettin’ back on the horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
I hate to say this, but if we contact Open Space about what we do at Daniels, we may loose access......

Look at Open Space rules and regs some time...
X2 its not a pretty thing to look into, if you talk to them don't mention the toys.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2009, 09:19 PM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Ill be calling the Parks Dept. tomorrow,,and see what happens,,I'll let you know.

On another note,,I sent an email to Mike at RC4WD a couple days ago and he forwarded the email to Tom @ RC4WD and I am very pleased to announce that RC4WD will be one of our sponsoring vendors for the Competitors Giveaway as well,,I do not know at this time what the prizes will be,,as soon as I receive them I will post up,,Kudo's to Tom and all the people at RC4WD for helping to make this event happen.

At this time I also want to thank everyone for their input and help to make this event happen,,,I'm happy to see so many people interested..Thanks guys
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:25 PM   #43
Pebble Pounder

Ok where the heck is Daniels park??????
Bigpopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 06:33 AM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpopa View Post
Ok where the heck is Daniels park??????
Castlerock, cool place!!!!!!
lwb Sami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:15 AM   #45
I wanna be Dave

I have sent an email to the Denver Parks and Recreation district governing over the Denver Mountain Parks which also includes Daniels Park,,The email I sent doesn't mention Daniels Park only the use of parks and I related to the recipient that I was at a "local" park recently and a question about rc cars was raised while I was using my rc truck. i sent an email so that I can get a written response so that any info I receive is documented and can be argued if necessary. As soon asI hear back I will let you all know.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:36 PM   #46
Gettin’ back on the horse

Yeah Thomas... don't mention the toys!!!!!
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:06 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Here inlies the problem,,I am hearing concerns as to my trying to make the event as legal as possible while keeping it fun and in a fun location,,,My name and several people's names will be directly affiliated with this event and I am not willing to risk legal actions by any agency against me or any one else. I also do not wish to spend the entire time I am at the event looking over my shoulder waiting for some GUNG-HO Horse cop on a power trip ruining the day. So here below is the email I sent to the powers that be,,as anyone can see I have been very generic in my actions and descriptions when asking for verification of the rules for the park.

"Good day to you. I am writing to you concerning park rules for usage in Denver Mountain Parks. I was at a local D.M.P. recently and I was driving my Radio Controlled Rock Crawler Truck on some rocks and another user of the park said that R.C. vehicles are not allowed in the parks. I have read the rules and it does say "no model aircraft or boats" but makes no mention of R.C. cars/trucks and also makes no mention of climbing on or using rocks in the parks for recreation other than, to not injure or otherwise damage the landscape.

My R.C. Rock Crawler is electric powered, runs quietly, causes no air pollutoin and weighs 7 pounds, it has soft tires and is designed for rock crawling of course. It does not do any damage as it is not heavy enough to do so. In fact, in general it causes less damage than the average human walking or biking through the parks. I don't want to be violating any rules or wind up getting a violation for doing something fun, it kind of takes the point out of it. Can you please verify this for me.

Thank you for your time in this matter. Thomas Ritchie"

Last edited by rmdesignworks; 12-03-2009 at 03:09 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:25 PM   #48
MODERHATER™

I have been ticketed in Denver Parks for driving my r/c truck on their land, they don't want them there, that is why I did not want attention brought to them about us going to Daniels Park. Red Rocks, the actual park, not the one we use is also ran by Denver Parks. We have been expedited from there a long time ago. And any time we go in there, we are quickly ushered out.

I have also been ticketed for driving in Jefferson County Open Space, I was cited under the

C.27. Missiles and Crafts:
a) It shall be unlawful to throw, discharge or launch any type
of missiles or operate any type of remote controlled, selfpowered
rocket, missile or craft from or on Open Space
lands and waters. Fine: $50.00
b) It shall be unlawful to launch or land any piloted aircraft,
including but not limited to, helicopters, airplanes,
ultralights, gliders, hangliders, paragliders or hot air
balloons on Open Space lands unless authorized.
Fine: $50.00

Which is why I thought and told you that Daniels Park is not a good place for this.

I am not trying to kill your idea or anything, just stating what I have already dealt with.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 04:31 PM   #49
I wanna be Dave

C.27. (a) and (b) refers to aircraft and related vehicles,,in and of its own wording,,it does not state anything about driving a vehicle,,the wroding clearly respects the type of vehicle that can leave the ground...not vehicles like our crawlers.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:33 PM   #50
MODERHATER™

Quote:
including but not limited to,
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
C.27. (a) and (b) refers to aircraft and related vehicles,,in and of its own wording,,it does not state anything about driving a vehicle,,the wroding clearly respects the type of vehicle that can leave the ground...not vehicles like our crawlers.
That is the part that you are missing
Old 12-03-2009, 04:34 PM   #51
Quarry Creeper

Maybe, consider palmer park in the Springs. It's a City Park and if you pay 85.00 for the permit you can set up banners, have a pavilion, and set up tents ( not to mention they don't care about RC cars ). It keeps the attention off Daniels. I have everything you would need to throw a comp and your welcome to use it. Just a thought, I kinda like Daniels and I would hate to see something bad happen there.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:47 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

WOW,,I ask an open ended non-specific question and suddenly I am some how threatening the status of legal or illegal usage by others of a local venue,,,,If there is a legal loophole to keep myself and anyone else now or in the future from being ticketed or worse for being outside doing what mountain bikers do then I would like to know,,If the rules are a little more than vague I would like to know what they are...but asking a question on a singular level about the rules is not going to get the picnic nazis setting up recon in the parks. That is why I asked the question the way I did. And if I get a negative answer then i will say thank you and leave it alone.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:53 PM   #53
MODERHATER™

All I was trying to do is point out what I have found from my travelings. I apologize for making you feel threatened. I will leave this thread alone and let you do as you please.

And so everyone knows, I am calling Daniels Park off limits for the comps that I hold. I just don't want or need the headache.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:53 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwb Sami View Post
Maybe, consider palmer park in the Springs. It's a City Park and if you pay 85.00 for the permit you can set up banners, have a pavilion, and set up tents ( not to mention they don't care about RC cars ). It keeps the attention off Daniels. I have everything you would need to throw a comp and your welcome to use it. Just a thought, I kinda like Daniels and I would hate to see something bad happen there.
This is fine with me,,whatever,,i dont care where we have it. but i am currently unable to pay the permit amount and do not forsee being able to do so...

Sheldon right? if you can find out whatever needs to be done to do this then go right ahead and do so,,thank you for your assistance.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:56 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
All I was trying to do is point out what I have found from my travelings. I apologize for making you feel threatened. I will leave this thread alone and let you do as you please.

And so everyone knows, I am calling Daniels Park off limits for the comps that I hold. I just don't want or need the headache.
Patric,,I don't feel threatened,,I was born and raised to question the status quo,,although sometimes you have to do so very politely or delicately,,the rules do also state that it is possible to get permission by the statement of the last sentence.

If it is possible then it has to be questioned to find out.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:04 PM   #56
MODERHATER™

Some good reads, look at the date and the small group:

Colorado Right Now!
Old 12-03-2009, 05:14 PM   #57
RCC Addict

Quote:
Some good reads, look at the date and the small group:

Colorado Right Now!
Thanks for dragging up those old bones man Hence why I was soo shocked to here about the Rocas Rojo comp in July, having been there done that and been booted out from it

EDIT: Trust me when I say the Ranger doesn't give a FAWK that these aren't planes/missles/etc. To them they are RCs period and therefore are not allowed. I was there at Red Rocks and I was one of the first 2 in the group to speak with the Rangers about this matter. The best you can hope for is they tell you to go home. The worst, we were threatened with Fines and JAIL time.

This is a great idea, but that thread 666 posted, there were maybe 7 or 8 of us there total and we got the boot. A big event like this will most certainly draw attention both good and bad. Now this is just my 2 pennies here... do what you wish, but tread lightly as its not the dog you see that you worry about but the sleeping dog you didn't see and woke up

Daniels is sweet, so let's not loose it too ether directly or indirectly. If you can some how work some mojo with DMPS and get us permission that is rockin', if not maybe Palmer or RCH or Lutz, or even Hobbytown can be the place instead.

Last edited by bustedcrawler; 12-03-2009 at 05:16 PM. Reason: add more info
bustedcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 05:58 PM   #58
I wanna be Dave

Well before this goes any further I am just going to throw in the towel on Daniels Park,,,so are we on for Palmer Park then?

COme on guys ring in,,,

Lutz,,? somewhere else?

Last edited by rmdesignworks; 12-03-2009 at 06:08 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:14 PM   #59
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
Well before this goes any further I am just going to throw in the towel on Daniels Park,,,so are we on for Palmer Park then?

COme on guys ring in,,,
PM me if you want to use Palmer, I have all the info. They have talked w/ me and are fimiliar w/ our presence. Thier thing is they want to know whats happening in the park and they want us to use a permit for large gatherings. I like Palmer because it centrally located for me and it's badass and it's a city park. You are more than welcomed to use my equipment and I'll put a little cash towards the permit. Thanks for letting me offer my opinion.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:19 PM   #60
I wanna be Dave

well as it stands right now it looks like about 15 people,,and i dont know what moving it to palmer is going to do as far as the denver guys are concerned,,i dont know man,,im thinkin probably in metro denver somewhere,,im gonna send finishline a pm and see what he says...