Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

View Poll Results: What day do you think for a toy drive for Kids?
Saturday December 5th,,,COMP DAY 3 33.33%
Sunday December 6th or another day,,,ring in! 6 66.67%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Colorado Christmas Crawl for Children Comp @ RC Hobbies Fri. 12-18-09 6pm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 06:20 PM   #61
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
Well before this goes any further I am just going to throw in the towel on Daniels Park,,,so are we on for Palmer Park then?

COme on guys ring in,,,

Lutz,,? somewhere else?
I'll help with the permit fee if we do Palmer. Not hard to come up with a reason to go there:thumbsup:

Ive gotten my share of "tresspassing" tickets from jeffco open spaces and I'd hate to see another great spot b taken away.

Tom, it might be easier to just call dan at finishline, he doesn't log on very much

Last edited by Almighty Malach; 12-03-2009 at 06:24 PM.
Almighty Malach is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2009, 06:20 PM   #62
RCC Addict

Quote:
Well before this goes any further I am just going to throw in the towel on Daniels Park,,,so are we on for Palmer Park then?

COme on guys ring in,,,

Lutz,,? somewhere else?
Lutz, hobbytown, palmer, rch, where ever man...

I hope you don't think 666 and I are raining on your parade, but merely helping you see the big picture. 90% of the people out there don't know what we do from the nitros or other rc's and they just dont care to learn the difference. I'm just speaking from past experience and trying to help you out as much as I can
bustedcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 06:22 PM   #63
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty Malach View Post
I'll help with the permit fee if we do Palmer. Not hard to come up with a reason to go there:thumbsup:

Ive gotten my share of "tresspassing" tickets from jeffco open spaces and I'd hate to see another great spot b taken away.
Werd, iffin I get some extra scratch I can help toss it towards the permit.

Yeah those tickets are annoying and we as a whole, can't afford to loose a great spot.
bustedcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 06:36 PM   #64
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustedcrawler View Post
Lutz, hobbytown, palmer, rch, where ever man...

I hope you don't think 666 and I are raining on your parade, but merely helping you see the big picture. 90% of the people out there don't know what we do from the nitros or other rc's and they just dont care to learn the difference. I'm just speaking from past experience and trying to help you out as much as I can
no no no no ,,i know where everyone is coming from,,and i know why people dont like to rock the boat,,i do see the big picture,,i have always seen the big picture,,i am waiting for a response from dan at finishline to see what he says about having it there,,,

i start asking questions in cases like this when some "official" starts getting power hungry or whatever,,i learned a long time ago that most people who follow the rules they are told by others very rarely read the rules themselves. friends of mine and i had an incident down in southern colorado. we were on blm land and a ranger shows up and starts telling everyone to pack up and get out cuz were trespassing etc. i had done my research on the area because of the new closures of trails and park areas to off roaders,,in the end because i had asked the questions i had info for him,,,he was more than a 1/2 mile from his responsible area. he left with his tail between his legs and never came back. on the way out three days later,,he nailed 7 of us for being 1-2 miles an hour over the posted speed limit. 4 of the 7 tickets were never brought before the judge and the other three were reduced. my point is a lot of people read things differently,,so an official statement form some authority figure is all i was looking for. that official statement could be the difference between us getting tickets and telling some picnic nazi to take a hike.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:05 PM   #65
I wanna be Dave

Can someone who knows Dan @ Finishline and ask him,,,I have no contact info for him, or I can call him if someone has the number.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:01 AM   #66
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Can someone who knows Dan @ Finishline and ask him,,,I have no contact info for him, or I can call him if someone has the number.
303-722-0214

link
paintballer9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:59 AM   #67
I wanna be Dave

thanks Adam
Old 12-04-2009, 12:28 PM   #68
I wanna be Dave

I received email confirmation from Erin at RC4WD that the Competitors prizes have shipped.

They are sending,
4-2.2 Rocklins
4x RC4WD Black Super Narrow 2.2 beadlock wheels

Really Cool! Thanks to the crew at RC4WD for their support.

I am going to the RCH Friday Night Crawl tonight to talk to the guys at RCh to see if maybe they can host the C.C.C.C.

And I am waiting on Jayboogie to post up about what he and his crew are doing for the event too. Com'on,,,Token

Last edited by rmdesignworks; 12-04-2009 at 12:31 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:01 PM   #69
I wanna be Dave

Who runs the RCC live video stuff? What are the chances of getting live coverage for this event?
Old 12-05-2009, 01:31 AM   #70
I wanna be Dave

Ok Its official,,the event will take place at RC Hobbies Aurora 700 S. Buckley Rd. Just south of Buckley and Alameda on the East side of Buckley Rd. Just past the Burger King.

Special Thanks to Bruno and Neil for hosting the event.

The event will start at 6:00pm sharp on Friday the 18th of December.

Now,,,come on guys,,let's see some HELL YEAH IM COMIN! posts,,there wont be any money awarded as your entry fee is a toy for child who needs it on Christmas,,,it will be just like a normal RCH comp,,,and there will be some really nice prizes given out to the competitors.

Last edited by rmdesignworks; 12-05-2009 at 01:54 AM.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:30 AM   #71
Rock Crawler

I plan on attending, Good job on organizing this Thomas Let me know if I can help in anyway
Mr Glassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 10:49 AM   #72
Gettin’ back on the horse

Quote:
Who runs the RCC live video stuff? What are the chances of getting live coverage for this event?
Jason and it might be slim getting him out there.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 02:40 PM   #73
Quarry Creeper

I'll do my best to get there to get the "Da Creep" some more rock time..

I assuming that we're still bringing the toys to this event and not somewhere before hand.. right???
jkwrangler08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 02:56 PM   #74
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwrangler08 View Post
I'll do my best to get there to get the "Da Creep" some more rock time..

I assuming that we're still bringing the toys to this event and not somewhere before hand.. right???
Yes,,the new toy is your entry fee to compete

No toy,,no comp
Old 12-05-2009, 03:00 PM   #75
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Glassman View Post
I plan on attending, Good job on organizing this Thomas Let me know if I can help in anyway
thanks Micah,,I look forward to seeing how big this thing really turns out...

Honestly tho,,all I did was peresent an idea,,and saw an interest and I ran with it,,but I have had a lot of help,,and without this help the event would still be just an idea.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:47 PM   #76
Rock Stacker

Looking forward to the event in a few weeks, fun and a good cause
Glad I and Bruno/RCH could help out and give an indoor spot to crawl
Neil76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 04:17 PM   #77
Pebble Pounder

Well that puts me out of this I work Fri nights ......................
Bigpopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:40 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpopa View Post
Well that puts me out of this I work Fri nights ......................
me as well, i have a political dinner ima be at, my friend is running for state rep district 5, i can still get the flyer revamped, RM text me after 3pm.. we should sit down and do another like this but in JULY, set the date now A CHRISTMAS IN JULY.. ME AND BIGPOPA HAVE HOSTED OR ATTENDED HUGE CAR/TRUCK SHOWS thrown like this for kids, and we can make it huge.. and maybe we can rock it at MMM, hobbytown west.. have fun fellas.. damn its cold..
jayboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:57 PM   #79
I wanna be Dave

Thats fine by me,,but daniels park is out,,period,,lol,,,dont even ask,,but ya know,,lets get this one done first

since one of our people cant make it to the C.C.C.C. we no longer have the food covered so i dont know what we'll do about food.

any ideas?

Sorry Jay I was swamped today,,,so Ill text you tomorrow sometime after 3pm

Tony,,sorry to hear you cant make it,,,would you like to donate anyway,,pm me if you or anyone wants to donate that cannot participate

Tom,,ill send you a pm tomorrow too

Last edited by rmdesignworks; 12-07-2009 at 11:02 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:58 PM   #80
I wanna be Dave

I wanted to let everyone know that as of today I have verification that Eddie @ Nova's Ark is going to be one of our competitor sponsors,,He has added a set of 2.2 foams ,3 sets of 1.9 foams and a servo guard to the prize pool for the competitors who participate in the event.

Tom let me know this morning that Vanquish Products are also on board as a sponsor as well as Axle Master.

Kudos to everyone involved and all of our sponsors for there combined efforts to help make this a huge event.

Our food donation looks like a bust at this point,,so we are open for suggestions or help in finding a food donation for the event,,I am thinking something like Pizza is best for something like this since we have limited space and I am concerned about keeping RC Hobbies clean after the event. So if anyone knows of a pizza joint that might want to get their name on a charity event or if people want to donate money for the food donation please contact me or Tom Barger by PM.

Thanks guys