Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: Palmer Event #1 2010 Feb 13th

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2010, 07:34 AM   #101
Rock Crawler

haha never really driven a comp, but heck i will give it a try. My Creeper/ax10 is good to compete in sportsman right?
bmx_ican92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2010, 07:48 AM   #102
Rock Stacker

In case anyone is curious (like I was), here's a link to the rules.
Egnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:05 AM   #103
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmx_ican92 View Post
haha never really driven a comp, but heck i will give it a try. My Creeper/ax10 is good to compete in sportsman right?
Tyler your truck will be fine, Can't use Dig, 12.5 inches center to center ( wheels)
You guys are gonna have a blast, believe me everyone will help you out.
lwb Sami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:04 AM   #104
Rock Stacker

Can't wait to go up there r there going to be many 1.9rs can't wait to go to my first comp
herburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:09 AM   #105
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by herburner View Post
Can't wait to go up there r there going to be many 1.9rs can't wait to go to my first comp
we should have between 12-20 1.9 comp rigs
engineerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:22 AM   #106
Rock Stacker

Where is PA 28, and how do I get there, I will be bringing my scaler and my comp rig, are 2.2 tires going to be allowed for the scale comps or just 1.9's.
bigj00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:41 AM   #107
RCC Addict

Just checked the forecast for Colorado Springs for Saturday, mid 40's sounds pretty good to me. Think it is time to make my car rental and book a hotel room
Eritex Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:44 AM   #108
Rock Stacker

I really don't have a comp worthy rig yet but ill give it a run. If I choice not to run is it still 5$ just wondering I hope I get my new servo befor then I don't want to go up therer an burn my servo up that would suck 8=D
Old 02-10-2010, 10:16 AM   #109
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eritex Inc. View Post
Just checked the forecast for Colorado Springs for Saturday, mid 40's sounds pretty good to me. Think it is time to make my car rental and book a hotel room
Sweet, your gonna have a blast.
You will be pretty close to Fillmore and I-25, Garden of the Gods and I-25, if your looking for a hotel.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:26 AM   #110
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigj00 View Post
Where is PA 28, and how do I get there, I will be bringing my scaler and my comp rig, are 2.2 tires going to be allowed for the scale comps or just 1.9's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineerjoe View Post
GPS coords for PA28 are:
38.873273,-104.772277
Basic directions:
From maizemand/academy side:
enter Palmer park, stay on the paved road and veer right at the top of the hill (stay on the main road)
You'll pass a house on your left, take the following left onto a dirt road (should be a sign for PA2 follow that to the end

From I-25:
take the Fillmore exit and head east. Go straight through the intersection at union, take the next possible left onto Paseo Rd (no light).
Follow Paseo and go through the Palmer Park entance gates. take your first right onto a dirt road and take that all the way to the end.

Quote:
I really don't have a comp worthy rig yet but ill give it a run. If I choice not to run is it still 5$ just wondering I hope I get my new servo befor then I don't want to go up therer an burn my servo up that would suck 8=D
There is no charge for spectators or bashers. The $5 s for people who want to be scored on the courses.

Quote:
Gerame, you may want to recheck that weather. I've heard conflicting reports (some call for a light flurries afternoon/evening) My guess is that we'll be fine, but I don't want you to come all the way out here and not get to crawl.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:34 AM   #111
Quarry Creeper

Old 02-10-2010, 10:56 AM   #112
RCC Addict

Quote:
Gerame, you may want to recheck that weather. I've heard conflicting reports (some call for a light flurries afternoon/evening) My guess is that we'll be fine, but I don't want you to come all the way out here and not get to crawl.
I have been checking all week and what I keep seeing is 22 for a low, 41 to 48 for a high and a 10% chance of some type of precipitation late in the day. I will keep an eye on it but I need to get the rental and hotel booked today to get a better price. I can always cancel the rental and the hotel room as late as Friday noon if weather goes south
Eritex Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:03 AM   #113
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I have been checking all week and what I keep seeing is 22 for a low, 41 to 48 for a high and a 10% chance of some type of precipitation late in the day. I will keep an eye on it but I need to get the rental and hotel booked today to get a better price. I can always cancel the rental and the hotel room as late as Friday noon if weather goes south
We're gonna be just fine
Old 02-10-2010, 11:14 AM   #114
Rock Stacker

Quote:
There is no charge for spectators or bashers. The $5 s for people who want to be scored on the courses.
You should charge $10 for spectators and bashers to encourage more involvement!
Egnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:52 PM   #115
Rock Stacker

I will comp but I'm I beat my stock lockers and servo will go out and ill look like an a$$ but who cares ill guess if that happens ill just get sum beer and watch. Hopeing to meet cool people that will give me tipps on rcrc c u guys there what is the dead line for sign up ??? Just in case I get lost in the park lol
420 any one
Old 02-10-2010, 02:25 PM   #116
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I will comp but I'm I beat my stock lockers and servo will go out and ill look like an a$$ but who cares ill guess if that happens ill just get sum beer and watch. Hopeing to meet cool people that will give me tipps on rcrc c u guys there what is the dead line for sign up ??? Just in case I get lost in the park lol
420 any one
No deadline for the signup, but I'd prefer it to be before 10am-You won't get lost.

I'm not sure about Palmer Parks alcohol policy, but I'd suggest leaving the brewskis at home. I have no problem with it but crawling there is a privilege and I don't want to give the city any reason to be mad at us.

Officially, drug use will not be tolerated at the comp site but be courteous of others and remember that some of us get drug tested regularly at work
Old 02-10-2010, 02:42 PM   #117
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
No deadline for the signup, but I'd prefer it to be before 10am-You won't get lost.

I'm not sure about Palmer Parks alcohol policy, but I'd suggest leaving the brewskis at home. I have no problem with it but crawling there is a privilege and I don't want to give the city any reason to be mad at us.

Officially, drug use will not be tolerated at the comp site but be courteous of others and remember that some of us get drug tested regularly at work

I agree w/ Joe, don't care what you do as long as you respect everyone and watch for children, please.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:13 PM   #118
Rock Stacker

Ok ill leave the beer in the car not trying to get any one in trouble. And. How many peeps u think will show up I'm a butcher and can bring burgers r sum sausage. R sumthing to pitch in and I feel sorry for those who have to piss in a cup FTI I will try to make it up there befor 10 and does any one have a spare servo r metal lockers for the mrc I can buy off u for cheap ??? I want to comp but don't want to get half way through and then my setvo r lockers go out if any one can help with that would be great and I palin on startiing to go to the comps in CO and sum in NM
Old 02-10-2010, 03:13 PM   #119
Rock Crawler

wwwooooo hhhoooo! kronik will be there! i just picked up 2 bags of chips and two packs of hot dog buns! im stoked!

evileddy. i got that servo out and ready for you. i dont have the screw to hold the servo horn on...
kronik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:19 PM   #120
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Ok ill leave the beer in the car not trying to get any one in trouble. And. How many peeps u think will show up I'm a butcher and can bring burgers r sum sausage. R sumthing to pitch in and I feel sorry for those who have to piss in a cup FTI I will try to make it up there befor 10 and does any one have a spare servo r metal lockers for the mrc I can buy off u for cheap ??? I want to comp but don't want to get half way through and then my setvo r lockers go out if any one can help with that would be great and I palin on startiing to go to the comps in CO and sum in NM

if you break a locker, I have some spare plastic ones, Keep the driving smooth and won't have to worry.