alright got winches front and rear now should be fun
hyintensity is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #62
RCC Addict

Default Re: The Crawl Space Scaler Summer Fun Run GTG series

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
I Googled....."Clear Creek Gold Rush Park"...cant find a listing for it...location?
I'll get the google map coordinates posted this week been super busy with all the events
The Crawl Space is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:29 PM   #63
RCC Addict

Good times today at Lutz thanks everyone for coming out to have fun with us. Didn't get a chance to snap too many pics, we were all busy helping the new drivers and having fun

Don't miss the next scale fun run next Sunday
Old 08-16-2012, 11:39 AM   #64
RCC Addict

Heads up gang! We're going back to Lutz for this Sundays Scaler Fun Run. We've tweaked the course design and team set up for more fun and run time on the rocks

You can meet at the shop at 4:30 for the carpool/caravan or at the comp site at 5pm.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:15 PM   #65
Pebble Pounder

I will not be around for this event. Have fun guys.

Here's to hoping I can get some scaler shots on some larger mountains this coming weekend.

Marcus
Draggermirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:30 PM   #66
RCC Addict

Great time yesterday at Lutz, glad everyone could come out and have fun with us

Since everyone been talking about it, we are going back to Coal Creek for this weekends Scale GTG

Here is the link for directions:
Comp spot is located apox: 14 miles west on CO HWY 72 from the intersection of HWY 93 and CO HWY 72.
Google Maps link: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...270a3c56&msa=0

We'll be up early setting courses and get started around 10am.
Be sure to pack a lunch and plenty of water for a full day of scaling fun
Old 08-20-2012, 12:38 PM   #67
j22
Rock Stacker

Sounds like I'm gonna have to get the scaler back up an running to go play toy trucks with u guys.....
j22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:32 PM   #68
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by j22 View Post
Sounds like I'm gonna have to get the scaler back up an running to go play toy trucks with u guys.....
Yea! T.A.B. needs to represent

Ok thats the last one I promise
Old 08-24-2012, 09:24 AM   #69
RCC Addict

Alrighty gang, time to get those rigs ready for an awesome Sunday of scaling

We went over the format with some of the team drivers and we're going to do 2 shorter Team Truck Challenge courses and 1 maybe 2 Follow The Leader trail runs. We plan to kee the event to 3-4 hours so you can free crawl afterwards or get back to town at a decent time

I will be at the comp site early to set up courses so if anyone wants to come help you're more than welcome to

Anyone that doesn't know the way to Coal Creek can meet at the shop at 9am for the caravan/carpool. We will start tech at 9:30-45 and start rolling at 10am.

Don't forget to bring plenty of water a lunch and batteries!
Old 08-26-2012, 05:58 PM   #70
RCC Addict

Awesome fun time at Coal Creek today, great courses and good people.
We did have one fatality for the day, but shit'll buff out

Old 08-26-2012, 09:43 PM   #71

Carnage like no other! to bad I missed the coolest thing since sliced bread!
Drachen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:37 AM   #72
RCC Addict

We're back to scaling fun this weekend
Sunday, September 9th. Scale fun run at Justin's Jungle 7184 Union St. in Arvada starting at 5pm.
You can meet at the shop for the caravan/carpool or at Justin's.

We will be doing a pot luck meal so everyone is encouraged to bring a entree or side dish to share with everyone

Justins been working on the course area and we can't wait to play on it
Old 09-17-2012, 07:16 PM   #73
RCC Addict

Been so busy I forgot to post up this past weekends event but never fear we have a big scale event coming up this weekend.

Sunday, September 23rd. from 9am-2pm. The Crawl Space presents the Run To The Hills Scale G6 Challenge sponsored by Axial, RC4WD and Monster Energy.

$5 pay-in for each rig, with a pay out to the top drivers in Crawl Space gift cards.

We will be setting up at the beautiful Coal Creek comp spot for a full day https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...b0f6278329828a

A few rules and guidelines for this event.
-Have fun!

-Scale vehicles must be 1/10 car / truck with a scale chassis or custom tube scale chassis.

-Tires may be 1.55, 1.9, or 2.2, but must be a licensed manufactured tire or knock offs.

-Tires must resemble the real thing and can only be siped or grooved. No other alterations may be made.

-Trucks will be divided into 2 classes, 1.9 and 2.2 per tire size.

-Winches are recommended but not needed.

-There are no penalties for winching or using tow strap or for reverses.

-NO HAND OF GOD recoveries. Trucks must be recovered under its own power or by attaching a winch or tow rope/strap from another truck to recover the vehicle properly.

-If a truck can not be recovered under its own power, the driver must reposition to the last gate progressed.

-On course battery replacement, repairs or pit repairs are allowed and will not be considered a vehicle touch DQ. Driver must reposition their truck to the last gate progressed after a battery change, on course repair or pit repair.

-If a driver hits a gate, they must reposition back to the last gate progressed.

Scale points will be tallied and applied to your final time/score.

9:00-9:45am sign-in and rig tech for scale points.

10am. First line of 3-5 drivers will start on course and every 2 minutes another line of 3-5 drivers start.
No matter when you start, your time minus your scale points/minute will indicate your overall score.

We will be awarding prizes at the end of the event and raffling off a bunch of goodies and shwag from the event sponsors, you must be present for the prizes and raffle drawing.

Post up if you have any questions, comments or concerns

Last edited by The Crawl Space; 09-18-2012 at 09:56 AM.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:59 PM   #74
Rock Crawler

If I can make 2 suggestions........start every driver 30 seconds apart. I've witnessed a Parker G6 first hand at AWCC last year and he starts them every 30 seconds. It gets everyone involved and if the courses are long like they should be then it will make for a really good time with lots of passing and chaos. I've never seen people so amped and full of excitement as after a G6. One of the coolest things is passing and getting passed.

I'd suggest that you also run all classes together just to get the whole group going together, just makes for more fun all around. you could seperate the final time/scores by classes but for the fun factor I'd run them all together.

Just my 2 cents, and I'm gonna try hard to make this. G6 is by far the best time crawling that i've seen.
James003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:07 PM   #75
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crawl Space View Post
Been so busy I forgot to post up this past weekends event but never fear we have a big scale event coming up this weekend.

Sunday, September 23rd. from 9am-2pm. The Crawl Space presents the Run To The Hills Scale G6 Challenge sponsored by Axial, RC4WD and Monster Energy.

[snip]
Looks like fun, can't wait!
FattyMcJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:35 PM   #76
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by James003 View Post
If I can make 2 suggestions........start every driver 30 seconds apart. I've witnessed a Parker G6 first hand at AWCC last year and he starts them every 30 seconds. It gets everyone involved and if the courses are long like they should be then it will make for a really good time with lots of passing and chaos. I've never seen people so amped and full of excitement as after a G6. One of the coolest things is passing and getting passed.

I'd suggest that you also run all classes together just to get the whole group going together, just makes for more fun all around. you could seperate the final time/scores by classes but for the fun factor I'd run them all together.

Just my 2 cents, and I'm gonna try hard to make this. G6 is by far the best time crawling that i've seen.
We tried 1 minute interval starts this past Sunday and we had some bottleneck issues on the first couple gates, but with the terrain at Coal creek and gate placement we could do the 30 second intervals

We plan to run the 2 classes together ie: one batch of drivers will be a couple wraiths and a couple SCX10s on 1.9 and 2.2
Old 09-17-2012, 09:47 PM   #77
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crawl Space View Post
We tried 1 minute interval starts this past Sunday and we had some bottleneck issues on the first couple gates, but with the terrain at Coal creek and gate placement we could do the 30 second intervals

We plan to run the 2 classes together ie: one batch of drivers will be a couple wraiths and a couple SCX10s on 1.9 and 2.2
the bottlenecking is what makes it awesome!! You gotta work your way through the pack!!! Plus...ya, because it's not riff raff the terrain allows for easier passing. People just have to know not to get upset if someone hits their car trying to get by them....if your in the way you better move over or expect some contact, that's part of the fun

Do what you think is best, this is just my opinion. I know it'll be fun no matter what, I just like the idea of a whole group running each other down.
James003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:51 PM   #78
Rock Crawler

Howdy - would the type of course be too much for a cc base?
Still learning and new to all of this, so hopefully it's not a dumb question.
Thanks!
B94Cast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:01 PM   #79
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by B94Cast View Post
Thanks!
Welcome, I'm a newbie too, but I can tell you...even if it's hard, it's a TON of fun!
FattyMcJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:54 AM   #80
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by James003 View Post
the bottlenecking is what makes it awesome!! You gotta work your way through the pack!!! Plus...ya, because it's not riff raff the terrain allows for easier passing. People just have to know not to get upset if someone hits their car trying to get by them....if your in the way you better move over or expect some contact, that's part of the fun

Do what you think is best, this is just my opinion. I know it'll be fun no matter what, I just like the idea of a whole group running each other down.
We're always open to everyones opinions, whatever we can do to make it fun and challenging ya know

True, the natural terrain will be alot more consistent and not as gnarly as angular rip rap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B94Cast View Post
Thanks!
Not a dumb question at all. Coal Creek is a great comp spot and offers a ton of traction and it really all depends on how your truck is set up. I've seen some built CC's that just flat out work.

You're best bet would be to stop by the Scale points Party this Thursday evening at the shop. We'll be tallying scale points for everyone that can make it and help with any last minute tuning and set up

Either way, come out to have some fun with some good people

The Crawl Space Scaler Summer Fun Run GTG series - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
10/23 Crawl Space. Scaler GTG @ Mini-Moab. The Crawl Space Colorado 45 10-25-2011 08:46 PM
09.25.11 The Crawl Space Run To The Hills Scale GTG The Crawl Space Colorado 23 09-25-2011 08:52 PM
The Crawl Space Run To The Hills Scaler GTG The Crawl Space Colorado 48 09-04-2011 11:29 PM
NMRCC Four Corners Chapter Pre Series GTG and fun Crawl DwaneO New Mexico 65 01-02-2009 09:24 PM