Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: Phone access

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2013, 03:46 PM   #1
Yashua

Angry Phone access

For about the last week when I go to RCC on my phone I keep getting a pop up for Tap A Talk app and when I deny it it logs me out of the forum.
What's the deal, any one else have this happening?
CREEPERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2013, 04:06 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Phone access

I haven't had this problem and I only use my phone. I'm on here everyday and almost all day lol.
JBailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:01 PM   #3
Holmes Hobbies

Yep, me too. I don't have tap a talk so its like I'm being made to get it.
CD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:49 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Been using it for years and love it so much easier. It's the only paid app I ever bought or will ever by. But everyone has there own likes and dislikes. If you do use forums that support tapatalk to make the purchase worth it i recommend trying it. I think they have a trail period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rc's suck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:58 PM   #5
MODERATOR™

It comes and goes for me on my iPod Touch. Some days it'll pop up every time, and then it'll be days without it. It doesn't log me out though.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:48 PM   #6
Suck it up!

I've got tapatalk but don't always use it.

Never been shut down when I denied it.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 08:18 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I know this is old but, I've been using forum runner and want to know about tap talk. On forum runner I rearly get any pictures just blanks where they were it also locks up often. Has anyone used both?

Thanks
snapon boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 02:52 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Tap a talk has come a long way from its beginnings. I use it on mainly my iPhone, and every once and a while on my iPad and like it. It makes quick work of viewing threads and have not had an issue with pics. The fixed a few bugs from 2 updates ago that really annoyed everybody and so far so good IMO. However I have not used forum runner in quite some time so I do not know how they currently compare.
sickcivic95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 04:10 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Thank you for some insite on tap talk
snapon boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 10:43 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Not a problem, I'm actually on it right now after an update they just did and find it nice to quick view pics etc. the only downside they changed the location for the main forum list so it's kind of different from what I'm used to but still easy to navigate.

-Dan
sickcivic95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 08:58 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

I don't use tape talk. But I did create a app that I can hit it and it takes me rite to RCC. The tap talk is still there but I don't really do anything with it. Its on top of the page.
humve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 09:27 AM   #12
RCC Addict

You "created an app" or make a home screen shortcut?
CrawlinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 11:20 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Now that I look at it was a short cut that I really like it and was easy to do. Was just on it today with the phone and the tap talk was not their.
humve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 11:26 PM   #14
RCC Addict

I've used tapatalk for several years. On a few things I'll highlight a post and go to "web view" for the full site. Tapatalk is fast and easily navigated quickly for all subbed, participated, and new posts. As well as any forum sections fast. Convenience.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:47 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlinMike View Post
I've used tapatalk for several years. On a few things I'll highlight a post and go to "web view" for the full site. Tapatalk is fast and easily navigated quickly for all subbed, participated, and new posts. As well as any forum sections fast. Convenience.
I'm kinda an anti-app guy, ime most of them in Android world either slow the phone, crash/lockup the phone or in general cause weirdness with the phones battery life and efficient operation. My Iphone experience with apps has been better, but I limit them...I mean I have a browser so what do I need Tapatalk for? Can somebody enlighten us a little more on what does it really do that is going to help me browse better on a tiny azz screen.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:54 AM   #16
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
I'm kinda an anti-app guy, ime most of them in Android world either slow the phone, crash/lockup the phone or in general cause weirdness with the phones battery life and efficient operation. My Iphone experience with apps has been better, but I limit them...I mean I have a browser so what do I need Tapatalk for? Can somebody enlighten us a little more on what does it really do that is going to help me browse better on a tiny azz screen.

I explained pretty clear what it does. You expecting it to wipe your ass too? It shows up threads for an easier reading time and like I said if for any reason you want to view it in the browser highlight a post and go to web view. Takes you to the browser and that specific page and post. I'm on Apple too. You sound like my grandma who is afraid of using a cell phone darn new fangled contraptions with their vibrating and no cords. It's not complicated. If you don't want to use it just don't. I'm not pressing it on anyone it's just another option to make keeping up with the forum easier away from a desktop.
Old 06-30-2015, 11:02 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlinMike View Post
I explained pretty clear what it does. You expecting it to wipe your ass too? It shows up threads for an easier reading time and like I said if for any reason you want to view it in the browser highlight a post and go to web view. Takes you to the browser and that specific page and post. I'm on Apple too. You sound like my grandma who is afraid of using a cell phone darn new fangled contraptions with their vibrating and no cords. It's not complicated. If you don't want to use it just don't. I'm not pressing it on anyone it's just another option to make keeping up with the forum easier away from a desktop.
Er whatever dude, no need for rudeness and put-downs. I've rooted a few phones etc., so not newbie or anti-technology. What do you mean by "shows up threads?" How does it make threads easier to read?
Old 06-30-2015, 11:03 AM   #18
RCC Addict

Here's a screenshot. It's got all the post in a single pane so no zooming and scrolling over. Photos are clickable and then zoom. YouTube links still work too.
Old 06-30-2015, 11:05 AM   #19
RCC Addict

Another of the Rccrawler home screen.
Old 06-30-2015, 11:07 AM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Thank you, that answers all my questions, I'll try it. You know what they say about a pic...lol.

Phone access - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Battery access ? northkona RC4WD Trail Finder 2 7 01-09-2013 02:21 PM
How to access classifieds? SCX-KRAWLER Comments, Suggestions, and Help 3 07-13-2011 10:33 PM
Tool access rckjeep Tools, and Procedures 14 04-21-2011 11:06 AM
iPod and iPhone access Shaggy5050 Comments, Suggestions, and Help 1 08-03-2010 09:13 PM
site access problem camobob Chit Chat 20 03-02-2010 05:05 AM