Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: Can we separate the competition sections?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2016, 01:40 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Can we separate the competition sections?

I came back into crawling a few months ago and have to say I was completely lost and that a lot of information is either dead or no longer valid. I was super confused to see everything had moved over to scale crawlers when I was looking for 2.2 comp crawler and super class info. I still havent figured out the difference between SORCA and RCCA.
clod booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2016, 02:32 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlingman9000 View Post
I wish scale would die off a little in my area...
Naw these are the guys you should look to recruit to comp.
Curcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 06:08 AM   #23
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by clod booster View Post
I came back into crawling a few months ago and have to say I was completely lost and that a lot of information is either dead or no longer valid. I was super confused to see everything had moved over to scale crawlers when I was looking for 2.2 comp crawler and super class info. I still havent figured out the difference between SORCA and RCCA.
I was the same way after taking a few years off ...... between parts discontinued, barely any build threads, increase in scale and the tumble weeds in the USRCCA area I didn't know where to find things.

SORCA - is the organization for scale comps. as far as I can tell has a committee, a set of rules they vote on and don't get changed randomly, promotes their events, listens to their community and uses RCC.

RCCA - is the current rule set we use for 1.9/2.2/Super style comp vehicles. that's about all I can personally say to describe it. they don't have a rules committee, rules seem able to be changed randomly or at events with a single digit percentage of the community present, shows little to none promoting or help promoting comp crawling events and seems to like FBook for getting community input to ideas even though half that community doesn't support the one that started it all.

Its almost no surprise the scale scene jumped up in drivers and that's not to mention to the U4 crowd lol.

Last edited by Robbob; 06-23-2016 at 06:59 AM.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 06:56 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

The scale nerds are being catered to at the moment so any actual comp stuff will have to wait unto it's important again in a few years. Right now the industry is giving out participation trophies based on number of items of flair zip tied to the body not if the rig can actually perform.

I'd like to see a simplified layout of a lot of things. 2.2 with subdivisions for sportsman, pro and MOA would clear a whole lot of sections up since most of those rigs are built in seemingly random areas right now since those builds are spread out.

Comp sections should naturally follow the same design to me.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 07:28 AM   #25
RCC Addict

Rob there are scaler guys that have never heard of this web site because of the many communities which exist on Facebook.
Old 06-23-2016, 05:44 PM   #26
Suck it up!

Bring back bodyless sportsman!
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 06:57 PM   #27
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Noooooooooooo

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk
Old 06-24-2016, 04:06 PM   #28
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post

I'd like to see a simplified layout of a lot of things. 2.2 with subdivisions for sportsman, pro and MOA would clear a whole lot of sections up since most of those rigs are built in seemingly random areas right now since those builds are spread out.
Would they clear the sections up or just add more sections? One problem that will still persist is all of the legacy posts that are here now. What do you do with them? Migrate them all? Delete old sections to make new ones? There are comp builds in almost 10 different brand specific sections now...clean them out or just keep adding more?

I like the idea of things being simplified but it's almost like RCC needs a big flush/reset to get things organized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
I thought Sportsman had no body/bodiless restrictions? It's those pesky 2.2s rules that mess things up.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 04:17 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
Would they clear the sections up or just add more sections? One problem that will still persist is all of the legacy posts that are here now. What do you do with them? Migrate them all? Delete old sections to make new ones? There are comp builds in almost 10 different brand specific sections now...clean them out or just keep adding more?

I like the idea of things being simplified but it's almost like RCC needs a big flush/reset to get things organized.

Yea it's tough to really nail down exactly how to do things. Maybe current posters can request their threads be moved to the new section and any old builds can be nominated for movement if they're author is no longer a current poster. I don't know that there is a perfect way to do it.
Old 06-24-2016, 05:17 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Before we get to tech and build threads..... Focus on the comp sections. One step at a time.....

But yes organization of tech and build threads in the future would be very welcome!
Old 06-29-2016, 08:15 AM   #31
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcal View Post
Before we get to tech and build threads..... Focus on the comp sections. One step at a time.....

But yes organization of tech and build threads in the future would be very welcome!

I just went back and read the original post that started this. You are right, the Competition and Events section is kind of a mess and talking about tech and build sections right now is pulling us off point.

Should there be two separate sections (one for each) or still just the one section with two different sub-forums (Comp and Scale)? I vote two different sections, but I guess either way could work and be better than what is already there.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 10:13 AM   #32
RCC Addict

What I'm hoping for is one click to comp events and one click to scale events.

If they are subsections we'd see the most recent post show up the forum front page.... look at USRCCA events forum. lots of subsections.....

If they are under their own sections they'd look like G6 vs U4 by comparison.
Old 07-11-2016, 01:31 AM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post

I've given this a good bit more thought and I've come up with an easy solution to at least part of the issue.

Simply rename the ax10 section to reflect all the sporty builds that are there. Seems easy to me and it wouldn't exclude a rig no matter the parts used since it's s class not vehicle make section.
Old 07-11-2016, 09:05 AM   #34
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
I've given this a good bit more thought and I've come up with an easy solution to at least part of the issue.

Simply rename the ax10 section to reflect all the sporty builds that are there. Seems easy to me and it wouldn't exclude a rig no matter the parts used since it's s class not vehicle make section.

You mean something more like this?

Do you think it would be more confusing to the users?

Sorry should have said more difficult for users to find axle specific build information.
Attached Images

Last edited by Robbob; 07-11-2016 at 09:08 AM.
Old 07-11-2016, 10:35 AM   #35
I wanna be Dave

I think something like that would work out in the end. For now just renaming the ax10 section would suffice.
Old 07-13-2016, 09:40 AM   #36
I wanna be Dave

people wanting to find axle specific info need to use the search button.
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 01:42 PM   #37
RCC Addict

Once again..... you all are off topic. As a comp driver i check all the different build threads regardless the axle platform.....

I started this thread to get the competition events threads separated comp and scale.......
Old 07-14-2016, 03:45 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Once again..... you all are off topic. As a comp driver i check all the different build threads regardless the axle platform.....

I started this thread to get the competition events threads separated comp and scale.......
If you check all the build threads why does it matter if scale is separated or not?
Old 07-14-2016, 04:22 PM   #39
RCC Addict

Quote:
If you check all the build threads why does it matter if scale is separated or not?
One more time for the slow kids in the back.... it's cool as a Special Ed Teacher I completely understand......

I am proposing taking the competion section under events

This one Competitions and Events - Competitions at RCCrawler.com

and creating two separate sections containing event threads.......

one for events with comp crawlers (2.2 1.9 and Super)
and the other for events with scale crawlers.
Old 07-15-2016, 01:08 AM   #40
Rock Crawler

Quote:
One more time for the slow kids in the back.... it's cool as a Special Ed Teacher I completely understand......

I am proposing taking the competion section under events

This one Competitions and Events - Competitions at RCCrawler.com

and creating two separate sections containing event threads.......

one for events with comp crawlers (2.2 1.9 and Super)
and the other for events with scale crawlers.
Why did it ever change from this?
clod booster is offline   Reply With Quote

Can we separate the competition sections? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need for new sections WAFFLE Comments, Suggestions, and Help 0 03-26-2014 04:59 PM
new sections in regional? sidehiller Comments, Suggestions, and Help 6 08-27-2012 10:33 AM
Separate TLT Section Davkin Chit Chat 21 07-27-2005 01:57 PM