Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: Colorado Winter Series o9 Comp #3 3/o8/o9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2009, 09:15 AM   #141
RCC Addict

SO I wasn't imagining that the crutches (good word Duffy) had an advantage then?! hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
O.C.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2009, 09:17 AM   #142
RCC Addict

shananagans has been called.
BILLYGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:17 AM   #143
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
Haha!!! 28 of you loosers got beat by a girl!

And you all got beat by Turtle!

I don't know which is funnier!
She can actually drive, Turdhole got lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReRun View Post
Thanks for posting that up Grizz!

Is the lowest score going to be dropped again this season? I ask cause I didn't have a mini for the first comp so it would help, lol.

Remember we have that bet going Pep Pat!!! Omaha it is on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We have always dropped one, I think we are doing that this series also. Like the name change!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJM View Post
Here are some from the "paparazzi"!

What the hell is that, I thought we were trying to bring people to the hobby, not scare them away! Kinda looks like a big pissed off Hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzin Illusion View Post
Here are a few pictures I took before the camera batteries died.

Now that she has made the top 10 in a comp, she can be heckled now just like the rest of us She is not a secret anymore. Great driving Becky and it was nice to meet you guys. Not bad driving yourself Cruzin

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineerjoe View Post
Hmm, I wonder what type of rigs the course designers drive?
funny how that works isn't it?
Just cause you got beat by a scaler, don't be mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbaneck View Post
I made it into 4th with an off the shelf rig that will be available soon for only $284.99 :-P
WOW!!! Great driving Rubba

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLYGOAT View Post
shananagans has been called.
Don't you own a Berg

Thanks to everyone that helped with the comp and kept it running. See ya at the next one.

Good luck to all at the Midwest Championship. Better represent CO!!
THnCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:40 AM   #144
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by THnCS View Post
Just cause you got beat by a scaler, don't be mad

i couldn't be happier with how I did at the comp

I'll try to get the focused snot drip for 2.2's, it seemed to work really well for 1.9's
engineerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:25 PM   #145
MODERHATER™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky J View Post
And they got to prerun the courses
Quote:
Prerunners?
Quote:
Thats right.. Run 2-3 days before the comp and then go set up the same courses

Courses were not preran, some obstacles that were know to be possible were incorporated into courses and set up, some never even ran period.

The people, your friends, my friends, that set up courses are honest people, not out to win, just set up good clean courses so everyone can have fun.

I know that Ty, the winner of 2.2 had never even been Daniels Park before. And alot of the other top 2.2 drivers the same.

Soooo..... I disagree that courses were preran.

Is the main problem with 1.9, 2.2 or super?
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:22 PM   #146
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
Courses were not preran, some obstacles that were know to be possible were incorporated into courses and set up, some never even ran period.

The people, your friends, my friends, that set up courses are honest people, not out to win, just set up good clean courses so everyone can have fun.

I know that Ty, the winner of 2.2 had never even been Daniels Park before. And alot of the other top 2.2 drivers the same.

Soooo..... I disagree that courses were preran.

Is the main problem with 1.9, 2.2 or super?
i dont think anyone had an advantage. the courses where setup fairly i believe. they where hard but fun. i think everyone did a great job and i hope i have more luck next time. keep up the good work guys
BILLYGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:53 PM   #147
Rock Crawler

I don't think anyone had a real advantage either, good drivers performed well on the courses. I think the biggest issue was letting a local to that area set up courses. Tim set the 2.2 up, but I know he did not set them up so he could win. He put together very challenging courses and I saw every type of rig make all the obstacles. I know I didn't think my rig was going to make some of the ledges, but did fine. The so called easy obstacles gave me the trouble:-x I feel it would be just like me setting up courses at Palmer Park, or any other Springs guy. We have crawled a lot of the lines down there and know them pretty well. Doesn't mean we are going to walk it this time around, but I think we have an advatage on our home turf. At least we should, regardless of setting up the courses I think most of this is just giving the top guys crap, that is what we do best

We also only have a select few that want to set up courses and those happen to be the same guys that comp everywhere. Just need more people to step up and make courses.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:08 PM   #148
Gettin’ back on the horse

I Would love to have as many people set up courses as possible. If people are willing to step up and help build it would make my life a little easier. Tim helped set up 2.2 courses, but I also did along with Gary. So there really shouldnt be a problem. We do things this way at every event, generally at least one person that has used the location before helps set up courses so we may have the best courses and some challenge to the area without making it impossible. Its been done this way at Red rocks, Lutz, horsetooth, Buffalo creek, etc. If there really is an issue here lets adress it face to face and not make false acquistions online.
Thanks guys
Ty
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:55 PM   #149
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReRun View Post
SO I wasn't imagining that the crutches (good word Duffy) had an advantage then?! hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
You'll learn, the Bergs always have an advantage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
I Would love to have as many people set up courses as possible. If people are willing to step up and help build it would make my life a little easier. Tim helped set up 2.2 courses, but I also did along with Gary. So there really shouldnt be a problem. We do things this way at every event, generally at least one person that has used the location before helps set up courses so we may have the best courses and some challenge to the area without making it impossible. Its been done this way at Red rocks, Lutz, horsetooth, Buffalo creek, etc. If there really is an issue here lets adress it face to face and not make false acquistions online.
Thanks guys
Ty
Whatever you 13" WB, pre-running cheater. You should be ashamed at yourself.............

For not getting a real 2.2 sooner. Congrats on the win buddy, it'll be your last.
slowrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:58 PM   #150
RCC Addict

If there are issue's, please feel free to call me.

PM for my number or many of you already have it.

Sure don't want any hurt feelings.

Come early and help set up and by all means, judge, pester, root-for others, heckle and have a good time, OK?

Get out more and come crawl. You get to see alot or great people, (yes they are the same A-HOLES YOU COMPETE AGAINST :-P, me especially), and we get to have alot of fun between comps too.

Can't say enough about all the good people I have met. All of you have been wonderful. And I hope it doesn't change.

As far as pre-run. I think all of you that have more than a year of crawling in are pre-runners, but I'm not complaining. I'm still finding ways to try and compete against you. ha ha

XOXOXO to everyone, well almost, :-P

JC
skid plate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 05:01 PM   #151
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid plate View Post
If there are issue's, please feel free to call me.

PM for my number or many of you already have it.

Sure don't want any hurt feelings.

Come early and help set up and by all means, judge, pester, root-for others, heckle and have a good time, OK?

Get out more and come crawl. You get to see alot or great people, (yes they are the same A-HOLES YOU COMPETE AGAINST :-P, me especially), and we get to have alot of fun between comps too.

Can't say enough about all the good people I have met. All of you have been wonderful. And I hope it doesn't change.

As far as pre-run. I think all of you that have more than a year of crawling in are pre-runners, but I'm not complaining. I'm still finding ways to try and compete against you. ha ha

XOXOXO to everyone, well almost, :-P

JC
Cliffnote version....

Get out and practice, help setup courses or pound sand.
slowrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 05:33 PM   #152
RCC Addict

I'm not by any means putting anyone down or calling anyone out so I hope you all dont take it the wrong way. I just heard alot of views this weekend about setting a comp location and being able to go crawl every line the weekend before and then be the one to set courses and compete on them. I thought it made sense being that not everyone has the chance to do the same.:-P Sorry if I came off to blunt
Sparky J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:07 PM   #153
R.I.P. Chip

What's the difference when we go to Lutz, the Lutz Putz's crawl there everyday of the week, then the set courses. When we go to red rocks every possible line in the place has all been ran by most of us at some point. When we go to palmer I know those CS fags have ran everything.

To call people out for prerunning is pretty shitty especially when 2 out of the 3 people that set the courses had never even been to that location before.

People have been going to comp locations and practicing the week before comps since the day we started this crap, nothing wrong with that. You had just as much of a chance as they did to do the same.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:17 PM   #154
Rock Crawler

I don't think anyone is complaning.
It was actually good to notice that these courses were a little "berg oriented". most of the time I notice that it's the other way around. I liked watching what the bergs can do.

bottom line is that they were very tough courses and my bellydragging, marshmellow tired P.O.S. wasn't cutting it. Honestly it was hard to drive while jumping up and down from doing so well in 1.9's. I'll have something else for the summer series

Looks like Billygoat needs to go back to the Rock Force

and rubba could get top 5 with a reciever strapped to a hot dog, I think we're just scratching the surface of the potential of the new losi
engineerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:18 PM   #155
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
and rubba could get top 5 with a reciever strapped to a hot dog
I wouldn't mind him strapping his receiver around my hot dog, if you know what I mean
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:40 PM   #156
Quarry Creeper

I guess I feel the need to clarify. I had been to Daniels Park a total of 2 times before the comp and in no way consider myself a local to the spot. I went to DP that previous Sunday for a GTG (along with others), and sure we drove on maybe 3 of the obstacles that were in the courses. Second time was on Wednesday to check out some changes that I made on my rig. It is an awesome spot that is close to my house, so why not go there? So what that the comp was going to be there? Patrick seems to let everyone know where a comp is a week before the comp, seems like anyone of us could have been down there at any time. This is true for any comp, go check out the location before the comp. Having been to a location before doesn't make you a pre-runner. If that’s the case, we are all a bunch of pre-runners. I think this may have more to do with me helping set up courses, so…

I showed the other guys that were there early to help set up courses, a few obstacles that I thought would be cool to include in the courses. Sure, I had an idea on how to drive them (so did others that’d been there that previous Sunday and anyone who watched others drive the course before them), but in no way had I "practiced" them with the intention of putting them in the courses. We thought they'd challenge the drivers and tried to integrate them into the course along with tons of other lines that looked like they'd be fun that I’d never seen done. Every location has limited climbs and obstacles that are used in comps to make things more fun. We set up the courses to the best of our ability and imagination (at 7am…) to provide a fun and challenging day for everyone, working with what terrain was available. I had no intentions to give myself an advantage. Everyone is more than welcome to come early and help set courses. The more help the better, so if anyone has a problem please show up early next comp and help set some courses.

I haven't competed in over a year and to come back and have drama like that come out of people I consider friends and whom I have a lot of respect for is surprising. I can assure everyone that no courses were pre-ran and that I had no intention of setting up obstacles that I'd driven before in a course just to give myself an advantage.

Everyone needs to keep in mind we do this for fun.

I'll save you the time slowrockr. vvvvv

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowrockr View Post
Cliffnote version....

Get out and practice, help setup courses or pound sand.
Quote:
I just heard alot of views this weekend about setting a comp location and being able to go crawl every line the weekend before and then be the one to set courses and compete on them. I thought it made sense being that not everyone has the chance to do the same.
That is just it, everyone DOES have the chance. (ya rat bastid!):-P
tmyjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:44 PM   #157
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I don't think anyone is complaning.
It was actually good to notice that these courses were a little "berg oriented". most of the time I notice that it's the other way around. I liked watching what the bergs can do.

bottom line is that they were very tough courses and my bellydragging, marshmellow tired P.O.S. wasn't cutting it. Honestly it was hard to drive while jumping up and down from doing so well in 1.9's. I'll have something else for the summer series

Looks like Billygoat needs to go back to the Rock Force

and rubba could get top 5 with a reciever strapped to a hot dog, I think we're just scratching the surface of the potential of the new losi
I feel you on the belly dragging marshmallow tire crawler, I felt the same way. A little more GC would have come in handy. The Losi is sick, we are all in for it when Jay gets that thing dialed...

As for Billygoat, what the heck happened?! Dig switch problems?
tmyjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:53 PM   #158
Keep it real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbaneck View Post
I made it into 4th with an off the shelf rig that will be available soon for only $284.99 :-P

Thanks for the paparazzi pics Gary, those are great.
Way to represent for the shafties Jay!!
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:26 PM   #159
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
If there really is an issue here lets adress it face to face and not make false acquistions online.

Thanks guys

Ty
We already know you are a lucky cheater like Pickett stated. Nice driving

Quote:
I wouldn't mind him strapping his receiver around my hot dog, if you know what I mean
That statement really explains Rubba's "picture" in the other thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmyjeeper View Post
I guess I feel the need to clarify. I had been to Daniels Park a total of 2 times before the comp and in no way consider myself a local to the spot. I went to DP that previous Sunday for a GTG (along with others), and sure we drove on maybe 3 of the obstacles that were in the courses. Second time was on Wednesday to check out some changes that I made on my rig. It is an awesome spot that is close to my house, so why not go there? So what that the comp was going to be there? Patrick seems to let everyone know where a comp is a week before the comp, seems like anyone of us could have been down there at any time. This is true for any comp, go check out the location before the comp. Having been to a location before doesn't make you a pre-runner. If that’s the case, we are all a bunch of pre-runners. I think this may have more to do with me helping set up courses, so…

I showed the other guys that were there early to help set up courses, a few obstacles that I thought would be cool to include in the courses. Sure, I had an idea on how to drive them (so did others that’d been there that previous Sunday and anyone who watched others drive the course before them), but in no way had I "practiced" them with the intention of putting them in the courses. We thought they'd challenge the drivers and tried to integrate them into the course along with tons of other lines that looked like they'd be fun that I’d never seen done. Every location has limited climbs and obstacles that are used in comps to make things more fun. We set up the courses to the best of our ability and imagination (at 7am…) to provide a fun and challenging day for everyone, working with what terrain was available. I had no intentions to give myself an advantage. Everyone is more than welcome to come early and help set courses. The more help the better, so if anyone has a problem please show up early next comp and help set some courses.

I haven't competed in over a year and to come back and have drama like that come out of people I consider friends and whom I have a lot of respect for is surprising. I can assure everyone that no courses were pre-ran and that I had no intention of setting up obstacles that I'd driven before in a course just to give myself an advantage.

Everyone needs to keep in mind we do this for fun.

I'll save you the time slowrockr. vvvvv
No need to explain yourself, we all know you switched your scoresheet with mine. All us Tim's look the same Plus I think alot of people don't realize that you used to be the man who competed on the same level as that Fred guy.

It is always a good idea not to encourage slowrockr

Last edited by THnCS; 03-10-2009 at 08:33 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:21 PM   #160
Rock Stacker

I preran all the SUPER coarses and my tires didn't work (on the gravel) then my servo mount took the kids to the pool. I took 9th and could not be happier!
JOHN SKINNY is offline   Reply With Quote