Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: * Is my rig legal ? *

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2010, 06:48 AM   #101
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
I think that the Bruiser looks like a much more realistic interior than the Pro-line one....something about a vacuum formed lexan interior that just doesn't do it for me. To me it's just taking the easy way out, and I don't think people should be rewarded for that....scale points should be earned.
If you think scale points should be earned, then neither interior should get max points.... Using a Bruiser interior could be considered "taking the easy way out", also
montana.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2010, 07:24 AM   #102
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by montana.matt View Post
If you think scale points should be earned, then neither interior should get max points.... Using a Bruiser interior could be considered "taking the easy way out", also
You have a point there.....
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 07:36 AM   #103
'08 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
You have a point there.....
I'm not really trying to push the issue, I just think there is a bit of a flaw in the rules that should be cleared up. I really don't care if they are 1 point or 3 as it doesn't affect me much.

I don't see the difference with cutting the interior out of a newbright jeep. I see your point but the distinction in what gets points needs to be different. Even if it was lexan -1 and hard plastic or metal -3 then the argument would have to be over. The fact is that the Proline interiors are 3D and there are a lot of options out there that are just as easy and not any more $. I also feel that the Proline interior when painted and detailed looks better than a lot of the "3D" interiors I've seen.
Just Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 07:54 AM   #104
I wanna be Dave

Here are a few not so good pics, but you get the general idea.

The driver has no legs, as there is not much room to stuff a guy in there.

Attached Images

kaetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 09:10 AM   #105
PapaGriz Yo

Here is how I would interpret the rules.

According to the rules a -5 interior requires that 75% of the driver figure must be able to fit into a 3D interior. Seems to me that the Bruiser interior does meet that requirement based on those pics from Kaetwo. The driver is complete above the knees.

Therefore I'd rule that a Bruiser interior must be a -3 3D interior.

So can the Proline interior fit a 75% complete driver? I'm speculating here but I doubt it. Looks to me like the Proline interior would only allow a driver from the belly up. I'd call that 50% of a driver. A lexan cover gets -2 points if it has 50% of a driver.

Therefore I'd rule that since the Proline interior fits only 50% of a driver it must be considered a lexan cover and only gets -1 points.

Not trying to take sides or anything like that. Just wanted to offer my thoughts on how to clear up the ruling.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 09:22 AM   #106
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 View Post
Looks to me like the Proline interior would only allow a driver from the belly up. I'd call that 50% of a driver. A lexan cover gets -2 points if it has 50% of a driver.

Therefore I'd rule that since the Proline interior fits only 50% of a driver it must be considered a lexan cover and only gets -1 points.
So which is it? -1 or -2?
Old 05-07-2010, 09:31 AM   #107
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
So which is it? -1 or -2?
-1 if there is no driver figure, -2 if there is a 50% driver figure.
Duh....
Old 05-07-2010, 09:36 AM   #108
'08 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Here is how I would interpret the rules.

According to the rules a -5 interior requires that 75% of the driver figure must be able to fit into a 3D interior. Seems to me that the Bruiser interior does meet that requirement based on those pics from Kaetwo. The driver is complete above the knees.

Therefore I'd rule that a Bruiser interior must be a -3 3D interior.

So can the Proline interior fit a 75% complete driver? I'm speculating here but I doubt it. Looks to me like the Proline interior would only allow a driver from the belly up. I'd call that 50% of a driver. A lexan cover gets -2 points if it has 50% of a driver.

Not trying to take sides or anything like that. Just wanted to offer my thoughts on how to clear up the ruling.
You have a good point there. I think I could fit more than 50% of a driver in mine but I choose not to run a driver because I've had a hard time finding one that doesn't look like a toy.
Just Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 09:43 AM   #109
RCC Addict

Quote:
-1 if there is no driver figure, -2 if there is a 50% driver figure.
Duh....

I just want to make sure before I go hack up a driver to fit. I'm fine on points, so it might not be worth the hassle for one point
Old 05-07-2010, 09:47 AM   #110
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Zach View Post
You have a good point there. I think I could fit more than 50% of a driver in mine but I choose not to run a driver because I've had a hard time finding one that doesn't look like a toy.
I'd suggest finding a driver that is 75% complete and putting it in there. You don't have to run with the driver but use it to prove your point that you can fit a 75% complete driver in there. That should then help show that your interior is worth -3.

I'm just spitballing here though.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:48 AM   #111
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:

I just want to make sure before I go hack up a driver to fit. I'm fine on points, so it might not be worth the hassle for one point
Well don't base your actions on what I say. I have no authority here.
I'm just offering a suggestion to help define the difference between a 3D interior and a lexan cover.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:18 AM   #112
RCC Addict

Just a quick hack job. I had to cut some of the seat bottom out to fit him in there and he's chopped off just below the knees

Old 05-07-2010, 10:45 AM   #113
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Just a quick hack job. I had to cut some of the seat bottom out to fit him in there and he's chopped off just below the knees
If you had to cut the seat out he's not really "in" the interior is he? I see part of him hanging below the interior.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:52 AM   #114
Rock Crawler

Quote:
If you had to cut the seat out he's not really "in" the interior is he? I see part of him hanging below the interior.
Rules say with driver....not with driver fully contained within the interior. Actually doesnt even say that the 75% must be all together in one location
Nate08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:02 AM   #115
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate08 View Post
Rules say with driver....not with driver fully contained within the interior. Actually doesnt even say that the 75% must be all together in one location
A loophole finder. I love it!!!
Old 05-07-2010, 11:07 AM   #116
Rock Crawler

Quote:
A loophole finder. I love it!!!
After a season comping with Devlin it's unavoidable
Nate08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:13 AM   #117
Say hello to my dactylion

My I make a suggestion...

Driver aside...
Ok I can put a flat piece of styrene to cover my trany (not unlike a tonneau cover) in my truck and get -1 point (this has been said previously) I also would get -1 for the more detailed pro-line interior. If I build an interior, no matter how basic and shitty looking as long as it follows the min requirements I'll get -3

My point is mostly with the -1 point part of this... How about -1 for the styrene cover and -2 points for the molded pro-line & bruiser interior & any other molded type interiors (newbright jeep etc.) that all you pretty much need to do is paint and instal. That leaves the -3 for anything that is hand made.

Then add the same points for drivers appropriately, -1 for 1/2 drivers -2 for 3/4+ drivers (or whatever it is).
PinchFlat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:30 AM   #118
I wanna be Dave

Wow Pinch, that is word for word what Ive been thinking for the last hour....thanks, you just saved me alot of typing on my phone....
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:32 AM   #119
Say hello to my dactylion

Quote:
Wow Pinch, that is word for word what Ive been thinking for the last hour....thanks, you just saved me alot of typing on my phone....
Right On!
PinchFlat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:44 AM   #120
I wanna be Dave

Well damn, I spent a shinny penny on a bruiser interior. What a dilemma, should I change to bruiser interior, lose points and get the COG down or keep as is.

Current interior
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...4/IMG_2130.jpg

Bruiser Interior
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...24/bruiser.jpg
justinart24 is offline   Reply With Quote