Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: SCRCC Comp #1...FIRST CLUB COMP!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2010, 04:36 AM   #41
RCC Addict

What are you doing for judges?
CRSMacgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2010, 10:32 AM   #42
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSMacgyver View Post
What are you doing for judges?
We will probaly do like we did at the granny gear comp, who ever is available and know's how to judge.
easleycrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:02 AM   #43
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by easleycrawler View Post
We will probaly do like we did at the granny gear comp, who ever is available and know's how to judge.
You guys should probably have a little better plan than that. The Granny Gears comp was pretty disorganized with no structure or planning. No offense to you at all Travis because I know it was your first time working with something like that, but I hope you guys have a good plan to keep the comp rolling. With 15-20 drivers (and guys coming from 1.5+ hours away) and roughly 4 courses, you guys will definitely want to have a good plan.

Just trying to help you guys get started off on the right foot......I know most of the SCRCC guys are coming to our comp on the 16th so we can talk more about it then.

Looking forward to coming down tot he zoo and comping with you guys.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:11 AM   #44
I wanna be Dave

At this point I know Travis, Marcus, and myself are comfortable with judging. If you or any of the rest of the NC guys or the ATL guys would be interested in judging let me know and I'll make sure we have enough people. I know Colby and Fish are coming from ATL and they are great at judging too and usually don't mind helping out either. I don't wanna volunteer anyone, but just let me know.

Thanks CRSMacgyver!
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:18 AM   #45
WOOPOOW!!

Thats the main reason we are going to come, is to help the club get setup on the right foot. Im sure with Fish there, there will be a plan of some sorts. I usually just do what he tells me to.
Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:38 AM   #46
RCC Addict

I'll be glad to help Judge as well.
limited77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:27 PM   #47
Rock Crawler

I'll run the stop watch till I learn how to Judge
Monstergt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 01:03 PM   #48
RCC Addict

I am glad to see this take off!! Congrats guys... As for judges, you can try to get them by offering things like free drinks, or lunch or something. It takes a lot to judge a big comp. Ask Andy, he stood in the heat for ours at our Souther Cup. It can be demanding in both the hot and cold. Just a though...-Jason
KrawlOff-Road.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:35 PM   #49
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittybitty View Post
At this point I know Travis, Marcus, and myself are comfortable with judging. If you or any of the rest of the NC guys or the ATL guys would be interested in judging let me know and I'll make sure we have enough people. I know Colby and Fish are coming from ATL and they are great at judging too and usually don't mind helping out either. I don't wanna volunteer anyone, but just let me know.

Thanks CRSMacgyver!
That's cool I will be there to help out some, just want to see you guys step up with a plan (at least amoung yourselves) to run things and come to the more experienced guys for help so that we are a good reference, not the main people. That way you guys will be in good shape to run your own stuff.

Looking forward to it. Make sure you are not prerunning actual courses this weekend at your practice......

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrawlOff-Road.com View Post
I am glad to see this take off!! Congrats guys... As for judges, you can try to get them by offering things like free drinks, or lunch or something. It takes a lot to judge a big comp. Ask Andy, he stood in the heat for ours at our Souther Cup. It can be demanding in both the hot and cold. Just a though...-Jason
Sounds like Krawl Off-Road should be on site sponsoring the event with waters, gatorades, and lunch for the judges.......aren't you a supporter of crawling in your own state.......
Old 12-30-2010, 05:38 PM   #50
RCC Addict

Quote:
Sounds like Krawl Off-Road should be on site sponsoring the event with waters, gatorades, and lunch for the judges.......aren't you a supporter of crawling in your own state.......
Old 12-30-2010, 06:26 PM   #51
Rock Crawler

I've got a plan in mind i'll dicuss with the guy's tomorrow.
easleycrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 06:49 AM   #52
RCC Addict

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by limited77 View Post
Never said that we were not a supporter! This is the first we have heard about a comp done by this new club and we have not been notified of anything...

-Jason
KrawlOff-Road.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 06:57 AM   #53
RCC Addict

Quote:
Never said that we were not a supporter! This is the first we have heard about a comp done by this new club and we have not been notified of anything...

-Jason

You have now been officially notified.......in plenty of time to set something up.

What does Krawl Off Road have planned to show their support??..............
Old 12-31-2010, 10:20 AM   #54
Rock Crawler

I've got a 10x10 pop up canopy I can bring if needed and im looking at buying a small generator
Old 12-31-2010, 02:19 PM   #55
RCC Addict

Quote:

-Jason
Old 12-31-2010, 02:56 PM   #56
I wanna be Dave

The pop up might be a good idea in the summer and the generator would be good at a LARGE event that needs a sound system or lighting.

Good ideas though!
Old 12-31-2010, 03:10 PM   #57
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittybitty View Post
The pop up might be a good idea in the summer and the generator would be good at a LARGE event that needs a sound system or lighting.

Good ideas though!
Yea I was just thinking it could be raining, or snowing for that matter. I went to check on a field charger and they wanted $80 at the LHS. Harbour Freight has a small generator for $119.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:43 PM   #58
I wanna be Dave

Just pick up a lawn mower battery and run your charger off of that. I got a DieHard jump starter with two 120v outlets and two cigarette lighter plugs as well as a light and compressor for Christmas this year. I'll be using it at comps to charge my packs!
Old 12-31-2010, 07:14 PM   #59
Rock Crawler

I have to say that bringing a generator whether in the parking lot or on the river is a bad idea. Its going to get us noticed in a way that wont be good. A generator in the Zoo parking lot is asking to be shutdown by a park official saying it is disturbing the animals. And on the river they could say you were spilling gas and oil on the rocks and seeping/leaking into the river...This sh*t sounds crazy i know, but there have been far too many recent closures in the 1:1 wheeling world recently to take the risk lightly.

Nate
GaBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 07:28 PM   #60
I wanna be Dave

x 1,000,000 on this one guys. We need to be smart about how we treat this location. The Zoo officials would love for us to show up and trash the place and point out why they should be able to close the place. During the winter we have it a little easier being that the Zoo is slower and we aren't taking up their "valuable" parking spaces. During the summer we probably won't be able to hold competitions here for this reason so definitely think twice before we leave any trash or cause any disturbances.

I will also say that we do look pretty good compared to most of the other visitors to the rocks. This is a public location and is managed by the SC Department of Natural Resources. WE WILL ABIDE BY ALL OF THEIR RULES! I think it goes without saying, but just in case theres any question...alcohol should not be a part of this event.

We did talk about going to the Flying Saucer after the competition for a few beverages and chit chat after the even if anyone is interested. It is located at 931 Senate Street in Columbia. That's approximately 3.5 miles from the Zoo. If you aren't familiar with the Flying Saucer check out their site www.beerknurd.com

We're really looking forward to this event!