Notices

Thread: "Grumpy Old Men Old School Comp" Jan. 13, 2013

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 02:38 PM   #81
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: "Grumpy Old Men Old School Comp" Jan. 13, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehammer View Post
this post is to clarify and respond to my long time fellow "old school drivers" regarding the rules structure.

Standard common “old school rules” apply to this “grumpy old men old school comp.” with the exception of clarifying and modifying the following: Note: Our original ideology is simple with common sense as the main frame work. We don't want to keep changing rules every year and adding more rules to justify the changes to good working rules. Keep it simple and all rules apply to everyone evenly anyway, we learn to accept them, and they are not designed to confuse, further demotivate drivers from coming back nor scaring new drivers because it's too complicated. Changes should only happen as an absolute necessity for safety and clarification. If it works don't mess with it, and old school rules work. Also, all the r/c rules are supposed to be an inspiration of the real one to one wheelin comp rules, and most of the rules were adopted from that. Anyway, old school rules rule:

1. Driver and vehicle are as one, driver steps on a gate or touches a boundary, that will result in 10pt. Touch repo. Drivers should be aware of their surroundings at all times and as well as drivers should respect the course design for consistency for all other drivers and should stand clear of all the gates. You as a driver do not want to contribute to any course deterioration. This will also apply to your spotter if you choose to have one only.
2. A boundary marker or a chalk line is a boundary! Jumping over or under, straddling, etc. Will result in a 10pt. Touch repo. Example: If a wide receiver makes a catch, jumps over the side line to avoid a defender and obviously is out of bounds, and jumps back over the side line and scores a touch down!!!! What the f....... A boundary is a boundary....
3. Floating a gate, your playing with fire. Breaking vertical planes, your playing with fire. The judge will give you a warning, driver needs to take immediate action or it will result in a 10pt gate penalty, three wheels down or not, who cares, 10pt gate penalty.
4. Driving through a gate and your vehicle ( no progress yet, lets say half way through) rolls / flips over to one side or the other side of the gate but does not physically touch the gate will result in no progress and a 10pt gate penalty. It's simple, we used to refer to gates as being a beam of light or vertical plane, it keeps the comps fair and keeps the judging from being bias of any kind. Much easier to make a consistent call and get consistent results anyway. But yes if your car tumbles down a hill without driver control the judge will not be marking you down and trying to figure out what vertical planes your broke etc. And what happened. We don't have “reply yet”, so the judge will only mark you down for any physical gates hit only. Wow... Easy
5. All driver repairs to be done while the clock is running, upon completion of repairs, time stops with 10pt touch penalty, back at the last gate progressed.
6. All four through the finish!

Any other modifications not mentioned will be brought up at drivers meeting, but these are the common ones... Most of the drivers attending have adopted these rules since day one and live by them. "how you doing"

merry christmas , happy holidays, and a happy new year to everyone!
Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to you, too!
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2012, 05:39 PM   #82
RCC Addict

wow i have never had to worry about steping on a gate will be hard. may be i should leve this to the old timers.
donzx12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:28 PM   #83
Quarry Creeper

Dont sweat it don. Just drive have fun i almost read all the rules. Then i stoped and said f it its not a series its one day.hope to c u there
Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:57 PM   #84
Rock Crawler

Right on Amer, its great to see someone running a comp like it should be!
chasinbaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:53 PM   #85
I wanna be Dave

How you doin?

Old skool cool, old school rules!

You mean a boundary that we can't stradle??????

Uh oh, wait a minute, put some Parker Courses in it...

Here is a brief description of the new course formats. They have been ran by some of the best drivers in the country and may or may not feature "clear dirt".

Multi-Lap Course:

2 laps in 4 mins, each lap will count as a seperate score, when a driver clears gate 10, their points reset, but the time keeps ticking, so don't stop! Continue driving, you have one more lap to do. If a driver does not finish his first lap, then he will receive his progression points for the first lap and a 40 for the second lap. (May or may not have a bonus line.)

Think of this as an r/c version of the infamous KOH.

A possilble -60 points could be attained if a driver cleaned both laps and a bonus line that may or may not be there. This has never done. Could you be the first?

Extended Course:

10 gates in 6 mins, when a driver clears gate 10, they stop until the judge resets the timer to 3 minutes and then the driver continues on to the extended course. A driver should not touch his/her car during this brief pause, unless they don't mind a "touch" penalty. The extended part of the course is 10 gates in 3 mins.

If a driver 40's before the extended part of the course, they will recieve a 40 for the extended course.

A possible -40 points could be attained here, but be prepared, not scared, because the extended part of this course is where REAL MEN put rubber to rock!

Progression Bonus Course (A John Ripplinger production):

10 gates in 6 mins, in between each gate will be an additional bonus progression gate. These gates will be the orange Axial Gate Markers. The course will be green Axial gate markers. Starting between the start circle and gate 1 will be a BP gate, a driver may drive the BP gate or by pass it and go straight to the gate 1. As soon as the driver progresses gate 1 the BP gate he/she passed up is no available for bonus progression points, but the BP gate in between course gate 1 and 2 is.

A driver may drive all the BP gates or none. Pick and choose the BP gates that you want to drive, but remember, you must finish the course to get the bonus progeression points. Greed could turn a possible -40 into a 40 real quick if a driver loses track of time.

Standard Course:

10 gates in 6 mins, may or may not feature a bonus line, but will feature pure, grade A adrenaline rush.

Don't let the standard in this course name fool you, just when you thought you had it fiqured out, a standard course may just flip you, spank you, and send you straight to 40 town!

Good Luck to all and be ready for some serious FUN!

"How you Doin' ", your killing me.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:37 PM   #86
I wanna be Dave

Here is a brief description of the NEW course formats. They have been ran by some of the best drivers in the country and may or may not feature "clear dirt".

This is a OLD school comp we did not have that shet back then LOL.
MR.VERTICAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:38 PM   #87
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.VERTICAL View Post
Here is a brief description of the NEW course formats. They have been ran by some of the best drivers in the country and may or may not feature "clear dirt".

This is a OLD school comp we did not have that shet back then LOL.
You said it "OLD", that's old to me and me can be found in "no memory"!

Over half the drivers on that list forgot how to drive. I am gonna have to bring a couple of hot teacher aids to keep track of how many I have to "school" on the art of r/c crawling.

The more I look at that list, call geritol and depends for sponsors. Most of the "old skool" drivers are going to have to take potty breaks and the rest needs the depends because they may shat themselves following my lines!
Old 12-22-2012, 12:13 AM   #88
RCC Addict

sounds like to much fun to miss.nice to see you all pumped up and ready parker
Old 12-22-2012, 09:24 AM   #89
Rock Crawler

Is there going to be one of them dafibulater thing on site or do I just need to bring a good battery and some jumper cables.
ratterd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:26 AM   #90
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by donzx12 View Post
sounds like to much fun to miss.nice to see you all pumped up and ready parker

For sure. Sharing some drive time with great friends and talented drivers, who would not be pumped up.

When you talk about history, I have watched you and Spence go from the learning to stage to consistant podium threats. That's old school cool, Father and Son style!
Old 12-23-2012, 09:37 PM   #91
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVNMF View Post
How you doin?

Here is a brief description of the new course formats. They have been ran by some of the best drivers in the country and may or may not feature "clear dirt".

Multi-Lap Course:

2 laps in 4 mins, each lap will count as a seperate score, when a driver clears gate 10, their points reset, but the time keeps ticking, so don't stop! Continue driving, you have one more lap to do. If a driver does not finish his first lap, then he will receive his progression points for the first lap and a 40 for the second lap. (May or may not have a bonus line.)

Think of this as an r/c version of the infamous KOH.

A possilble -60 points could be attained if a driver cleaned both laps and a bonus line that may or may not be there. This has never done. Could you be the first?

Extended Course:

10 gates in 6 mins, when a driver clears gate 10, they stop until the judge resets the timer to 3 minutes and then the driver continues on to the extended course. A driver should not touch his/her car during this brief pause, unless they don't mind a "touch" penalty. The extended part of the course is 10 gates in 3 mins.

If a driver 40's before the extended part of the course, they will recieve a 40 for the extended course.

A possible -40 points could be attained here, but be prepared, not scared, because the extended part of this course is where REAL MEN put rubber to rock!

Progression Bonus Course (A John Ripplinger production):

10 gates in 6 mins, in between each gate will be an additional bonus progression gate. These gates will be the orange Axial Gate Markers. The course will be green Axial gate markers. Starting between the start circle and gate 1 will be a BP gate, a driver may drive the BP gate or by pass it and go straight to the gate 1. As soon as the driver progresses gate 1 the BP gate he/she passed up is no available for bonus progression points, but the BP gate in between course gate 1 and 2 is.

A driver may drive all the BP gates or none. Pick and choose the BP gates that you want to drive, but remember, you must finish the course to get the bonus progeression points. Greed could turn a possible -40 into a 40 real quick if a driver loses track of time.

Standard Course:

10 gates in 6 mins, may or may not feature a bonus line, but will feature pure, grade A adrenaline rush.

Don't let the standard in this course name fool you, just when you thought you had it fiqured out, a standard course may just flip you, spank you, and send you straight to 40 town!
Good Luck to all and be ready for some serious FUN!

"How you Doin' ", your killing me.
if this is the format of "OLD SCHOOL"

Im out..........Thumbs down.........

thats a CIRCUS comp..........

Last edited by roksloski; 12-23-2012 at 09:40 PM.
roksloski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:04 PM   #92
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by roksloski View Post
if this is the format of "OLD SCHOOL"

Im out..........Thumbs down.........

thats a CIRCUS comp..........

Then you should come. Every Circus needs a clown.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:11 PM   #93
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
and i see who the ring leader is............twice.......
Old 12-23-2012, 11:23 PM   #94
RCC Addict

Quote:
VP Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:26 PM   #95
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by roksloski View Post
and i see who the ring leader is............twice.......
know parker he right ringleader of fun and drive time
Old 12-24-2012, 12:58 AM   #96
I wanna be Dave

Now it's a GRUMPY OLD MAN OLD SCHOOL COMP.
MR.VERTICAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:43 AM   #97
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.VERTICAL View Post
Now it's a GRUMPY OLD MAN OLD SCHOOL COMP.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:52 AM   #98
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by donzx12 View Post
wow i have never had to worry about steping on a gate will be hard. may be i should leve this to the old timers.
Newbie.........
Old 12-24-2012, 09:04 AM   #99
RCC Addict

are you done stirring the pot. what would a grumpy old men comp be with out slowski Complaining . [newbie ] i have been doing this two years now.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:15 AM   #100
Pebble Pounder

Originally Posted by DRIVNMF
How you doin?

The above is a quote from "Parker"

Fun and great ideas, does not mean we will be running these formats, again nice to have someone thinking outside the box and always keeping it fresh.... Way to go Parker

Thanks for the rcomendations ..... DO WORK...
thehammer is offline   Reply With Quote

"Grumpy Old Men Old School Comp" Jan. 13, 2013 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HD's Redcat "comp" Redo "Lady Luck" Hoosierdady Redcat Crawlers 33 07-12-2012 09:06 AM
N.A.'s "Grumpy" (My pimp cane clod super) Nova's Ark Tamiya Clod Buster 35 12-08-2008 11:31 AM
Lets see your "School" bodies ... College, High School, etc. Locked Up Paint and Body 15 08-18-2008 12:09 AM
"Men Are Just Happier People" Offroader5 Chit Chat 3 08-10-2008 06:40 AM
SoCal Comp #4 "The Spot" Jan. 14, 2007 Johnson420 Competitions 145 04-16-2007 03:26 PM