Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: drumming up interest for a comp or crawl in central IL

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2006, 02:07 PM   #41
I wanna be Dave

as long as I get my butt in gear it will. If everyone wants to chip in 20 bucks I would have a load of rock delivered and be ready next weekend but not seeing that happen. Ill prolly have a prerun in June and a comp in July or August
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2006, 02:41 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboat
as long as I get my butt in gear it will. If everyone wants to chip in 20 bucks I would have a load of rock delivered and be ready next weekend but not seeing that happen. Ill prolly have a prerun in June and a comp in July or August
I bet you would find quite a few takers. Especially considering how few locations those of us in Central IL have. I know I would be willing to chip in to see this done. Of course I am the oddball that has spent >1500$ on a local track setup so we can race 1/28th scale toys in Decatur.

How much money needs to be raised for a load of rock? And would you be willing to host events on a semi-regular basis?
pinwc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 03:06 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

I have a friend with a rig that will haul the rock for cost, and the quarry is only 2 miles. $400-$500 would just about do it. even if noone chips in Im willing to hold 1 a month in the warm weather (unless my wheelin trips interfear)
Old 12-28-2006, 03:12 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

If you post up your paypal addy. You could get a lot of that money fast.

On the coarse have a little of everything. Ledges, bolder field, Smooth steep climbs just some ex.
Cole82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 08:49 PM   #45

I'd be in for making the trip. Let me know if you start the collection
beleza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 06:58 PM   #46
Pebble Pounder

yea i might be in for this.
sound pretty cool.
invertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 12:13 AM   #47
Official Scale Nazi

I'm in my hometown of Monticello IL right now for the holidays. Only 20 miles west of Champaign. I'm sure I could use a crawl as an excuse for a visit. My brother lives in Champaign and would love to get into crawling if there was a spot for him to run. If you could organize an event that would coincide with Ihobby in Chicago it may even be possible to get RCP involved in the event too. Any help I can contribute lemme know. I do eventually plan to move back after I get my fill of LA so it's definitely beneficial for me to support this.

Keep us posted!

Last edited by pigeonfarmboy; 12-30-2006 at 12:19 AM.
pigeonfarmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 07:56 AM   #48
I wanna be Dave

The next I hobby show isnt until summer/fall, Im sure the course will be ready by then but, Chicago and Champaign are a long way apart Cant see being able to do both although allot of people will be around for it. Ill be out at the course today working but my source for the rock is flooded right now so construction will be slow. I should get the runs laid out and some pictures taken. I am contimplating the donation idea, I will call Tuesday and get a price for a load of rock and will post it up. If I can get a majority of the money the course will host its first run in late March or April.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:51 PM   #49
Official Scale Nazi

Well what I'm saying is the RCP supplies would be close and if this event gets big enough we could show up and show our support.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:18 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

I took some pics of the course as it is right now. I was able to add some rock to it but not much, mainly what I did was layout runs (the black weed barrier) The way I am setting up the course is a "garden" at the top which is about 10'x12' with multiple runs coming off, most runs are 6' wide and 15'-20' long. I am going to need to buy at least 1 tandem load of rock. If anyone happens to have a dump truck to haul it with the quarry is only 2 miles and it would take expenses from 400-500 down to about $100- $150 and we could be running almost immediatly And for those talking about a bon fire check out the brush pile just to the side of the course
http://www.see-my-pictures.com/index...avId=x2f989b01
Old 01-01-2007, 02:44 AM   #51
Rock Stacker

Lookin great!! Keep up the great work!
JeepManMarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:10 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

I did some calling around to try to get some rock to get the course going sooner, I can get Rip-rap from the rock quarry up the road for $12.15 a ton 6-8" (who wants to crawl that) next option is a place in Danville that deals in Boulders, $15-$35 a ton you choose the rocks. SO, I can spare $100 for boulders, anyone out there got a truck and trailer and want to help haul some PM me and we can try to set something up, only problem is they are only open on weekdays till spring. Also, if anyone wants to donate $$ pm me an Ill give you my paypal, make sure to give me your name, address, email all that stuff so I can make sure you are notified of comps and crawls
Old 01-02-2007, 10:13 PM   #53
Official Scale Nazi

I should be back for a visit around the end of February so I'll definitely bring a rig or two. Put up your paypal account info so you can get some donations going. Both my brother and dad are into r/c so getting them into crawling should be easy. Also think about setting up some kind of donation bin/jar/box at the site so people can donate each time they use the course. Either that or create a membership so fees/dues will allow admittance to crawl. No reason your hard work should be free for others.

Can you show a location on google maps for me please?

Last edited by pigeonfarmboy; 01-02-2007 at 10:17 PM.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:20 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

I've got a single axle trailer and a f150. I could haul some loads as long as it was on the weekend and able to get in there with my 2wd truck.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:06 PM   #55
Rock Stacker

An F-150 that could pull my house over! Could we get a ton of rock on that trailer cole?
Old 01-03-2007, 06:17 AM   #56
I wanna be Dave

Easy a ton closer to 2 tons and close to that in the truck, as you have seen me do many times.
The problem is traction with all that weight it will be hard to get back there in 2wd.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:42 AM   #57
Rock Stacker

With the tires you have on the back and that weight, shouldnt be too huge of a deal...
Old 01-03-2007, 07:34 AM   #58
I wanna be Dave

its only about 50' off the road so getting back there shouldnt be a problem, Ill have to let you know a date though, the rock place is only open on weekdays during winter months, they havent decided when they want to open up for the spring hrs. Are you sure you want to drive so far to help with rock and maybe make some runs? As for a collection jar, there will certainly be one, I figure it takes about $100 to make a run 6' x 25' so after initial construction for every $100 I collect Ill build a new run. Ill post up a google map as soon as I can figure out how. And donations, PM me
Old 01-03-2007, 10:52 AM   #59
I wanna be Dave

Ya 4 hours is a long drive with a trailer. My trailer is very bouncy with out a load. I could drive down with just the truck to help if there is going to be other people to help.
Mnster has a small truck too. I think it shouldn't be a problem if people show up to help.
Attached Images

Old 01-03-2007, 12:17 PM   #60
I wanna be Dave

if you find homer on that map, Im 4 miles east