Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: drumming up interest for a comp or crawl in central IL

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2007, 12:44 PM   #61
MWRCA'er

Yeah just pick a day we can all come out. Rocks are VERY VERY heavy, we need alot of people in on this for the lifting.

Fixed it and yes I drove it home just like that with sparks flying.:-P
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2007, 06:32 PM   #62
Rock Stacker

F-250, long bed... check
HD Trailer.... check
My dad hauled enough rock back from champaign to bottom out the springs, and the trailer used to pull a bobcat around.
I can help on the weekends, except when theres a comp.
Also got some rock and square 8" solid concrete blocks I can bring over. Make for great ledges. In Champaign, there is Blue Stone Granite, one of the cheaper ones around.
I here of a place just past Danville, its the quarry on the south side of I-74 but I think its wholesale/contractor only. Been wanting to find out about them, now I got a reason.

Laters
Halfj-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 06:06 AM   #63
I wanna be Dave

Ill call blue stone today, I talked to sand valley in Danville out on bowman to get the prices I posted. If you have a heavy duty trailer we could easily get a load or riprap from the quarry up the road on a saturday mornng, it isnt the best for a full course but would make for an excellent filler. Ill send you a PM when the next time Ill be working on the course is.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 06:37 AM   #64
I wanna be Dave

Set a non comp date and we all can go down there to move rocks around. Most of us would be glad to get our hands dirty.
Cole82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 06:57 AM   #65
I wanna be Dave

Im planning a non-comp crawl on the course end of march beginning of april, if I can get the course just a little farther along by then. Ill post up an exact date as soon as I feel there are enough rocks for 10 people to run on
Old 01-05-2007, 07:29 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboat
Im planning a non-comp crawl on the course end of march beginning of april, if I can get the course just a little farther along by then. Ill post up an exact date as soon as I feel there are enough rocks for 10 people to run on
I look forward to having something nearby to try my soon to be built super (Gmade Spider).

Jetboat, how are those donations doing. Is there enough for a run yet?
pinwc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 09:58 AM   #67
I wanna be Dave

so far 2 people have promised to donate. I am hoping to have the course ready to crawl by the end of march, Ive already done some crawling on the course myself and though it was fun there definatly isnt enough rock yet. One of the problems I have is that I live 2 1/2 hrs from where Im building the course so I can only work on weekends that I can get there.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:08 PM   #68
I wanna be Dave

Default Update

quick update on this, I talked to the place Im ordering rock from, I will be getting a tandem load (14-15 tons) of "Shot Rock" its the rock that they blast out before they crush it, so it will be a variety of sizes from 2" up to 100#. The load is going to cost $200 and should be delivered mid to end of Feb, I will let everyone know the week of ,so if a couple people want to help. Also, Im working on the dates, I would appreciate if people would let me know dates that are a problem, we are looking at a non-comp in March/April and a comp in June and Sept/Oct.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:58 PM   #69
I wanna be Dave

I got a few rocks for my place today. This was 4,050# hour drive from where I got them.

The MWRCA comnp dates are in the link in my sig.

Keep up the good work, I know our club will help.
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2007, 05:58 PM   #70
I wanna be Dave

tell me the 4000# of rock includes some not in the photo
Old 01-12-2007, 06:34 PM   #71
I wanna be Dave

Nope there are 8 rocks in the pic. That devides down to 500some odd pounds a piece. Those are big rocks. I'll post a pic of the crawler next to it. They were free if I loaded them my self.

Edit: here is the pic
Attached Images

Last edited by Cole82; 01-12-2007 at 08:22 PM.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:30 PM   #72
MWRCA'er

Yeah, I will definitly help. We need a new place to crawl and hold comps.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:56 PM   #73
I wanna be Dave

update: sched still hasnt been set (suggestions accepted) I will be hosting 2 comps and 1 open crawl. There is a work day planned for March 17, I am having a load of rock delivered on the 16. Size and type of rock (likely limestone) is up in the air, basically its the rock before they put it through the crusher so I am hoping for some big stuff. I will be asking a $5 a truck fee for the comps and a donation jar at the open crawl, this is to buy more rock, 100% of money raised will go into the course. Once my house is built next year, plan is to hold 5 comps with a points series and the course will be open when ever Im home.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:07 PM   #74
MWRCA'er

Our comp dates are listed here.
http://mwrca.net/calendar.aspx

Pick one of them and we will come out for a comp. We are really in need of a new place to crawl.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:19 AM   #75
I wanna be Dave

5/13 might be doable but, I realy want to have the course closer to completion before I agree on a comp, dont want everyone to be disapointed
Old 02-07-2007, 11:16 PM   #76
MWRCA'er

We can come out, as you described around march 17th or later, preferably later (warm out) to help organize rocks and stuff. I know a few of us crawler guys want to bring our 1:1's down to Badlands if we are driving that far south. We are from the midwest it does not take a whole lot of rocks to shock us. Bigger the better for rocks, also make sure the course touches on many variables as so it does not get boring. You know what I'm saying, variety. Couple steep hill climbs, decents, things that require flex, turning, and difficulty. You look to have a awesome course going from the pictures.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:32 PM   #77
I wanna be Dave

Default EXCITING news

I was at the E-flight show in Champaign earlier and spoke with the editor of RC flyer mag and he said that if I send him an email with info about the comps he will put me in contact with the RC driver editors and try to convince them that they need to cover our comps, so cross your fingers!!!!
Old 02-10-2007, 05:47 PM   #78
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboat
I was at the E-flight show in Champaign earlier and spoke with the editor of RC flyer mag and he said that if I send him an email with info about the comps he will put me in contact with the RC driver editors and try to convince them that they need to cover our comps, so cross your fingers!!!!
You do know that RC Driver's writer Jason Carter is a very active member here right? Ya' know... the guy who writes all the crawling stuff for them plus a lot more.

JasonInAugusta is his user name.
Unholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 06:06 PM   #79
I wanna be Dave

I am aware but, he hasnt offered to get anyone to cover our events. now if he would like to talk to the powers that be, about covering the comps, it would be awesome. So if your Reading this Jason....Come to Il and cover our events!!!! also, I talked to the local hobby shop today and they said if we have enough people coming they will send a trailer with parts and supplies