Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: 2008 comp dates for HRCC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2008, 08:41 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by o5tacoma View Post
ok, ok ian...............we are going to follow the national rules (as soon as our "rules director" gives the okay). but as far as i know, we are following the nat's rules.

and yes, the dates are set. no changing.

and happy new year from my family to yours........man ian, your boy is getting big .
Thanks.
kawika is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2008, 12:37 AM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Hey guys. I was just putting the dates into my calendar and guess what May 11th is, Mothers day. We might want to move that comp. It's a little late, but I don't want to sleep on the couch for a month.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:30 AM   #43
Pebble Pounder

ya an use of dig gets a point, for each use.
808Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:46 AM   #44
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawika View Post
Hey guys. I was just putting the dates into my calendar and guess what May 11th is, Mothers day. We might want to move that comp. It's a little late, but I don't want to sleep on the couch for a month.
oh crap , seems like my calender (a hot rod one ) doesn't list it down for it. i know i said no exceptions but i'm going to have to overrule myself on this one.

i'll move it either up or down a week from that date. i too don't want to sleep on the couch for a month . i'll change it when the time comes.

thanks ian for catching that .
RydeFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 02:45 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawika View Post
I vote that we change the gate penalty rule and adopt the one used at the nationals. The usrcca rules state that once a gate is touched and the penalty is assessed the gate is now considered dead. I feel it's too easy to point out with the current rules.
That is how it will be this season. BTW, don't hit the gates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808Crawler View Post
ya an use of dig gets a point, for each use.
Keep wishing, never gonna happen.

Last edited by DISTURBIN' tha PEACE; 01-09-2008 at 03:03 PM.
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 02:50 AM   #46
Rock Crawler

ok, it's getting down to the wire. i just want to remind everyone about the membership. i don't want to sound like an a-hole, but in the past there were some problems with the membership dues. it's plain and simple for this season. "No Pay, No Play"........that is for the season points chase. thanks.

ryde
Old 01-13-2008, 05:15 AM   #47
I wanna be Dave

So that's for the points & prizes, right?

Anyone can come & comp, but they'll get no points & not be eligible for prizes?

In years past, we made non-members pay $5.
They need to be scored, takes manpower to do that.
They add to the # of competitors, which is good, but also add to the lenth of the comp.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:21 AM   #48
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISTURBIN' tha PEACE View Post
So that's for the points & prizes, right?

Anyone can come & comp, but they'll get no points & not be eligible for prizes?

In years past, we made non-members pay $5.
They need to be scored, takes manpower to do that.
They add to the # of competitors, which is good, but also add to the lenth of the comp.
that is correct, the money will go towards the points and prizes. also in the makes is t-shirts for members that sign up. we could still make the non-members pay $5, i just hope even at $5 it doesn't scare them away. we can still keep points on them during the comp. dtp, let me ask you this...............if a non-member gets 2nd place at the end of the comp, and the other 1st and 3rd place guys are members. does the 3rd place guy then get 2nd place points?
Old 01-13-2008, 05:38 AM   #49
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
that is correct, the money will go towards the points and prizes. also in the makes is t-shirts for members that sign up. we could still make the non-members pay $5, i just hope even at $5 it doesn't scare them away.
Would think 5 bux isn't too much. If it is, you're in the wrong sport. Maybe they should take up jogging or building sand castles.

Quote:
we can still keep points on them during the comp.
Who would do that? Members. I think the members would appreciate a little more $$ in the prize fund.

Quote:
dtp, let me ask you this...............if a non-member gets 2nd place at the end of the comp, and the other 1st and 3rd place guys are members. does the 3rd place guy then get 2nd place points?
I would think so. And 4th gets 3rd, so on & so on.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:08 PM   #50
Quarry Creeper

I think we should keep the $5 non-member entrance fee. That might encourage more people to join.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:26 AM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Comp #1 this sunday!!!!!
Old 01-19-2008, 09:28 PM   #52
Rock Crawler

game day tomorrow boys and girls ...........see you bright and early. oh yeah, another thing..........................DON"T BE LATE!!

just look for my truck in the morning or call me.................might change spots, haven't dedcided yet in sand island.
Old 01-19-2008, 11:43 PM   #53
Quarry Creeper

I vote we move to the spot where we held the finals. It's more interesting going up and down as well as playing in the flats.
Old 01-20-2008, 04:14 AM   #54
REST IN ALOHA CHIP

well folks, i just wanna say good luck to everyone tomorrow.i hope everybody has a good time, cause thats what this is all about.i have a couple prizes for the top three as well as a special one. more details tomorrow. the special prize winner will find out when that person wins it. in other words, it would only make sense to stay all the way till the end.......to find out.

i hope to see alot of new faces out there, if so dont be scared to compete, theres something up for grabs, hint hint.

i know it late, but im so excited.its the start of a new season.im looking forward to doing well.
YoUnG_vErSiOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:53 AM   #55
Pebble Pounder

good luck to all, cuz im going to need it. I think the person with the most points should get a special prize, that way i can win somthing too.
808Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:11 PM   #56
REST IN ALOHA CHIP

man, what can i say.... lots of old faces came back out to compete, as well as some new ones too. Good job today guys. henry and randy, welcome aboard hope you guys can come back for the season, as well as your hauula crew. I'd say we had a good turn out today, and boy the bar has been raised!!! i did some of my best driving today, and i came in 5th my combined score for all 3 courses was +10???? shit i gotta practice some more!!!........looks like were in for an all out battle run for first place!!! i know my results would've been a little better, given my 2 year old og revolver finally was on its last leg(major cogging and some unwanted reverses), it sounded like a diesel engine putting along.

good job today Ryde!!
HRCC represent!!

pics going up soon.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:50 PM   #57
I wanna be Dave

Whew, what a day. Quite a trun out. 16 competitors, 2 winners,,,,,WHAT?? Yup, that's how it went down. Congrads Shut d's on picking up the WIN! Ian good driving today, second place & 1st place points. We're all lucky Jon didn't sign up. Lots of old faces came back out and some new ones too. Hope you all had a great time, I did. Congrads TEAM Zig~Zag!!!! 4 out of the top 6. Sweet.Ryde & Big John- awsome job today. Glad you got to face your fear, it only gets easier.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:56 PM   #58
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISTURBIN' tha PEACE View Post
Whew, what a day. Quite a trun out. 16 competitors, 2 winners,,,,,WHAT?? Yup, that's how it went down. Congrads Shut d's on picking up the WIN! Ian good driving today, second place & 1st place points. We're all lucky Jon didn't sign up. Lots of old faces came back out and some new ones too. Hope you all had a great time, I did. Congrads TEAM Zig~Zag!!!! 4 out of the top 6. Sweet.Ryde & Big John- awsome job today. Glad you got to face your fear, it only gets easier.
thanks alot . i'm glad with the turn out today, awesome!! cograd's to the winners today, shut d's and ian . DTP, shut d's, kila, and big jon.............thanks for all the help before and during today's comp . thanks for helping me "pop" my cherry .
Old 01-21-2008, 03:55 AM   #59
REST IN ALOHA CHIP

after the party its the after party

if i missed your rig it was probably when i had a headache..........so maybe someone else can post up pics too i saw a bunch of cameras. i have more, but im getting a headache again.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:49 AM   #60
Quarry Creeper

Had fun crawling, congrat's to the all winners . Wow skill level went way up on everyone (except me), need to get my crawlers tuned right and do more of " my A game practicing and don't drink and drive" cause i got my ass whooped big time. But i will be back!!!!;) again good job Ryde and to all who helped him make this first comp fun. Will try to post pic's tonite when I have time.
goingvertical is offline   Reply With Quote