Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Connecticut

Notices

Thread: Good spots to crawl?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2018, 07:18 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Good spots to crawl?

I am in Naugatuck, and have been looking for good spots to go crawling around Connecticut. Anyone know of some good areas with rocks that aren't too far from my area, don't require a long hike to get to?

Also, anyone looking to meet up and just go trailing/crawling? I don't mind some mild hiking, but my friend isn't up for it. I'd prefer to not go hiking alone for safety reasons.

Reply here, or on my Instagram account - @203_rc_hobbyists

CT Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2018, 05:23 PM   #2

Default Re: Good spots to crawl?

Havnt been on here in awhile... but I'm in Naugy as well... havnt had any of the crawlers out yet... Need some motivation. Lol
NXPRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 07:53 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Check out my YouTube videos and see if that motivates you. Or even my Instagram. Hit me up if you want to get your crawler out. Always up for company on a trail.

YoutTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCww...ZENOLO5AqpD9BQ
Instagram: https://www.instagram/com/203rchobbyists
CT Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 03:51 PM   #4

I thought I responded to this post last night but apparently didnt... great vid, and great song to go with the video!!
I'll let Ya know when I'm ready!
NXPRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 09:35 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I go out to Hop Brook quite a bit. It's not crazy technical or anything like that, but it's a cool place to go for a walk in the woods while bombing around a scaler.
chino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 09:11 AM   #6

Hey I know this is an older thread but you all ever get together? I'm in Seymour and just got a crawler for Christmas.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Velcro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 05:11 AM   #7

I'm from Springfield but I go over to shenipset state forest/ soapstone mountain in somers
MAG00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 08:24 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

These regionals are pretty dead, but what the heck. I'm just getting into crawling in the Hartford area. I used to mountain bike a ton - like starting in the 90's when it was just eroding hiking trails. So I remember what trails turned into annoying rock gardens, and I've been hiking to visit them. And they are really fun. I've been trying to take pics at interesting spots, so they can be GPS'd onto a map so I can put together a good route next time.

So far there is tons of stuff at Case Mountain Manchester (shenipsit) and soapstone that someone mentioned (both shenipsit). Also the Metacomet north from rt.20 near Granby was really fun. I'm going to revisit the southern parts of the Metacomet and see how they are (Talcott mountain falls into this category).

These are some great crawling spots, but a 2-4 mile hike (well... up to 8 if you want!) I have a capra and don't really 'trail' the flat sections - I carry it between rock gardens. I don't mind the hike, since it's the first hobby thing that CT is actually decent for - even if you have to work a little. Lots of granite!

Anyway, blah blah, anyone getting out on the trails around central CT?
chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 04:50 PM   #9

Hi all. I'm new to the forum. Hopefully I don't screw up posting. I apologize if I do or put it in the wrong place. I'm looking for places to take my crawlers and maybe meet up for some crawling?

I just got a 1/10 TRX4 Bronco and I'm looking for places to run it. I live in New Fairfield, CT. I also have one of those new mini Axial SX24 crawler buggy thingies. I saw something about Bulls Bridge area. I may even look into a comp crawler if I can find places to run it that aren't to far. I don't mind doing some hiking to get to spots to run them.

Thanks for any advice.
Crawler Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 08:23 PM   #10
Hal
Quarry Creeper

We run our comp crawlers every Tuesday night at RCMadness in Enfield CT. They also run scalers there on Thursday night. Inside if raining and in winter. Outdoors in spring, summer, and fall. Great outdoor crawling area. IT IS HUGE. Stop by.
Hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 09:06 PM   #11

Thanks! That's a bit of a drive, but I'll have to check it out some time. Indoor would be nice right now.
Old 02-09-2023, 04:36 AM   #12
Hal
Quarry Creeper

The crawling area is always open. Tuesday night we take over half for our comp crawlers. Thursday night they pretty much take it all. They might have 3 courses set up. If you run be prepared to be there till closing on Thursday. We are done by 7:00 most Tuesday nights for shafty and MOA. we have a smaller group........always looking fo new people. Most guys run scalers now though.
Hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 07:23 AM   #13

Hmm...I've always wanted an MOA. Ii sounds like a great setup. I hope to make it.
Old 05-06-2023, 06:59 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

A friend of mine tells me Terrywhile Park in Danbury has some nice terrain.
NWCT24CRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 07:28 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawler Tim View Post
Hi all. I'm new to the forum. Hopefully I don't screw up posting. I apologize if I do or put it in the wrong place. I'm looking for places to take my crawlers and maybe meet up for some crawling?

I just got a 1/10 TRX4 Bronco and I'm looking for places to run it. I live in New Fairfield, CT. I also have one of those new mini Axial SX24 crawler buggy thingies. I saw something about Bulls Bridge area. I may even look into a comp crawler if I can find places to run it that aren't to far. I don't mind doing some hiking to get to spots to run them.

Thanks for any advice.

I’m new here also and to RC crawling , I live in New Milford . I picked up an Axial AX-24 a few months ago and modified it quite a bit . It outgrew the rock garden in the back yard fairly quick .
NWCT24CRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 08:14 AM   #16

I have not been to Terryall in a long time, but I'll have to check that out. Thanks.

Tags
connecticut, crawling, trailing

Good spots to crawl? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any good crawl spots out in the oc Josebleedsblue24 California 29 04-29-2014 01:32 PM
Good spots to crawl S.W. Houston? nightster Texas 5 08-02-2013 07:29 AM
Good spots to crawl in Frankenmuth, MI Twiztid Metal Michigan 11 03-21-2010 03:45 PM
Any good spots to crawl in Nassau? vincentvega New York 11 12-23-2009 12:41 PM
Any good crawl spots near Middletown, Pa ksj44 Pennsylvania 13 04-30-2008 06:53 PM